Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Flavourless E-liquid "No Dumb Questions?"

AVF Regular

Flavourless E-liquid "No Dumb Questions?"

Hi everyone,

When i first signed up here i was told that "no question was dumb" in regards to vaping.

Lest see if that's still true.

I'm trying my hand at DIY liquids and i'm making a flavourless 3mg.

My question .... Is there a steep time involved ??? Will the NIC VG/PG shake and vape and be ready to go straight away ?

Merry Christmas All.
    Andy.
    RossSPARROW, Rodrocket and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhufish View Post
    Hi everyone,

When i first signed up here i was told that "no question was dumb" in regards to vaping.

Lest see if that's still true.

I'm trying my hand at DIY liquids and i'm making a flavourless 3mg.

My question .... Is there a steep time involved ??? Will the NIC VG/PG shake and vape and be ready to go straight away ?

Merry Christmas All.
    Andy.

It's actually a good question. I find unflavoured has its own taste more akin to ciggies than I like. Interested in the comments from folks who Vape it
    Last edited by Crisscross; 24-12-16 at 06:35 PM.
    giruvian, Dhufish, AllyP and 2 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Yes it will change with time.

The first 48 hours are "blending". The nicotine will amalgamate with the PG and VG better and it may turn into a smoother vape. The difference is minimal, but it still happens.

As it steeps with contact with air oxidation will start to occur. A tobacco derived nicotine usually seems to get a stronger but mellow flavour during this period.

At 3mg/ml though you might not notice much going on at all until it's been around for quite a while. Try it when you notice it going a very pale yellow colour. If you don't like the taste so much, then you know you need to vape it before it gets to that point. (or freeze some of it)

Technically I think this is more 'oxidation' rather than steeping, but it's quite likely that oxidation of the nicotine is a significant part of the steeping process for flavours.

See, not a silly question after all ;-)
    Last edited by fabricator4; 24-12-16 at 06:59 PM.
    MrGruffy, Dhufish, AllyP and 2 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Thanks FAB !
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I vape only unflavoured, I never noticed a difference with any steep time unless I let a bottle of juice sit for 6 months in my work desk drawer and it turns into sickly mank.

Still, I'm a heathen who eats chilli sauce that removes paint off the walls in the dining area.
    Fatman, merexy, Dhufish and 2 others like this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    It's actually a good question. I find unflavoured has its own taste more akin to ciggies than I like. Interested in the comments from folks who Vape it
    I found something similar myself when I mixed up the NTN for the first time. I don't think the nic was the cause of the 'effect' as much as the PG and VG mix I had. I did not notice it changed any from fresh to aged though, but that's just me. Much better that time than the first experience though, which was junk nic and a really bad vape.

For me, it wasn't bad but do prefer to have something interesting in there. It'll be nice to have something reliable and 'not bad' when there's nothing flavourful to be had handy.

But not today. I was gifted my very first doublers for Christmas and having trouble deciding which one I like best.

I might have to make up some unflavoured for dad, who seems like he might have been converted just this week. He might like it, but as there is a good shop not far away I don't know if he'll go for plain. We shall see...

Stu.
    fabricator4, Dhufish and AllyP like this.

AVF Regular
    I agree with what Fab said about oxidisation etc. This has been my experience.

I also agree with what XX said about unflavoured being a bit 'ciggie like'. I wish I had thought to try it when I first started Vaping instead of battling on trying to find a flavour that I could vape all day, wasn't too sweet and sickly, didn't make me cough (cinnamon flavouring!), and didn't suddenly taste horrible because my taste buds were changing etc ect.

AVF Regular
    I also mixed up some unflavoured NTN the other day - I did the shake and Vape thing but found it improved after a couple of days steeping. usually I steep juices for at least a week.
    Fatman, Dhufish and Cat like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Unflavoured is awesome, I only vape 6mg though and I have found great contentment at 70 Pg. Lots of advantages like wick lasting ages and of course the savings made with no need for buying flavors and the obvious thing of not inhaling extras.
    rockmoose likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Hi dhufish. Most of the time I steep it for a 2 weeks. However, some e-juice taste better after 4-8 weeks. It depends on what flavour and the percentage of nic you are mixing. I use magnetic plate stirrer to shorten the steeping time, sometimes up to 4 hours in the magnetic stirrer. Most of the time though I find most of my e-juice taste better after 4 weeks. Hope that helps.
    emu likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast