Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By RogueTomato
  • 1 Post By Sully
  • 1 Post By gtadmin
  • 1 Post By gtadmin

Thread: Nic base PG vs VG

AVF Regular

Nic base PG vs VG

Hey guys, just a quick question for those with greater knowledge than myself. Just wondering what the general consensus was as for a better nic base these days, I know there are negatives and positives to both. I'll share what I know in hopes you can quash any myths I may have picked up so I can get a order in (just in case you know). Please note either base will not cause a problem with my final juice mixing. Storage will consist of amber glass bottles filled to the brim and the cap tapped and shoved in the freezer.

PG: Easier to work with when mixing, travels better, apparently keeps for longer but I believe that is an old myth and VG has been shown to keep the same in the freezer. May have a greater ability to absorb or retain bacteria? Nic in PG will keep better over time in terms of degradation to the end product when vaping. eg: nic will decrease ect, but still vapeable?

VG: Harder to work with when mixing, does not travel as well, from newer sources would actually keep better due to the solidification while in a freezer. May not be as susceptible to bacteria? Nic in VG may not keep as well as the VG 'has the ability to turn' making the end product unvapeable?

Feel free to let me know where I'm wrong and what you've all found to work for you. Cheers everyone.
    emu likes this.

A government is a body of people, usually notibly ungoverned. - Derrial Book

AVF Regular
    yeah I'm curious about this also, only thing I know is pg might mix easier?
    emu likes this.
    One failed lab experiment away from obtaining superpowers

https://media.tenor.co/images/860c5d...011a/tenor.gif

emu
    AVF Regular
    What you believe is true for you, Ryan from Hiliq recommends Pg 100% as the best base and it says so on the website
    ( Recommended )

So that's my truth because I believe it lol.

Last edited by emu; 04-03-17 at 12:37 PM.
    emu's pre-loved mowers.com

Super Moderator
    I recently (like 3 days ago) added some PG based nic and VG based nic together to provide the base 100mg/ml for my nic salt experiments. The subsequent mixture had little or no degradation ... which is pretty good considering this was nic from March/May 2012 (yep, 5 year old nic).

The VG based nic had a darker shade of straw than the PG based nic, but that was the only obvious sign of degradation. Of course once salted, it turned a nice light tobacco colour
    Last edited by gtadmin; 04-03-17 at 01:01 PM.
    emu likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    I recently (like 3 days ago) added some PG based nic and VG based nic together to provide the base 100mg/ml for my nic salt experiments. The subsequent mixture had little or no degradation ... which is pretty good considering this was nic from March/May 2012 (yep, 5 year old nic).

The VG based nic had a darker shade of straw than the PG based nic, but that was the only obvious sign of degradation. Of course once salted, it turned a nice light tobacco colour
    Tell us more gt, was that 5 years on ice ?
    emu's pre-loved mowers.com

Super Moderator
    This particular batch was stored in the original container (RTS Vapes) in the freezer set to -18C. I removed them from the freezer *about* a year ago (or when the last PG vs VG nic question came up ) and have since stored them in the fridge door (albeit, still in the original containers).

Since then (Mar/May 2012), I have bought my nic base in PG only, and transferred the contents to 100ml, amber coloured, glass bottles as added protection.
    emu likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet