Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Newbie Nic mixing - advice please - Old issue common to all us newbs

AVF Regular

Unhappy Newbie Nic mixing - advice please - Old issue common to all us newbs

Hi everyone,

So age old issue with nic mixing. Anyway prior to me diving into purchasing Nic I did a lot of research on mixing nic to existing premade ejuice with 0mg.

I watched a lot of youtube videos just to get a feel as well as read heaps of forum posts until I finally made the plunge about a month ago and ordered some from Nic NZ.

However, with so much trial and error I still cannot get a nice clean vape when I mix my own nic into either pre mixed juice or even doublers.

I think the issue here is the base nic mix I ordered. Even with all the maths and even using doubler calculators, letting the juice steep I still get a rough as hell vape. The only way around this is by lowering the nic level just enough so that I don't get a rough vape. The only issue here is I tend to chain vape as I'm not getting my nic hit.

So the mix I purchased was 50mg nic in 100% VG. I choose this level as I thought it was the safest to start off with. However, no matter which calculation I use the results are always rough as hell at 6mg. I have to drop my level to 3mg just to get by as not to waste the juice I purchased.

So firstly I tried adding the nic to premixed 0mg juice. As per articles and youtube videos I use the following:

Desired strength / Concentrated nic strength x output bottle size = nic required in ml or in my case 6mg / 50mg x 30ml = nic required.

I know I can add the required nic level to the juice or remove the same amount of juice and replace it with the same amount of nic. I know it will water down the flavour a little but this is what most people have shown online to add nic to existing juice.

Now I also get the same result in using doublers. I use an online doubler calculator such as E-LIQUID DOUBLER CALCULATOR to work out my PG/VG requirements, the Nic base mix and doubler size etc. to get my measurements. I also steep the juice as recommended - But Alas still the same results - rough vape.

So my thinking is that I either got a bad batch of nic, my nic base mix was wrong or my nic isn't good anymore. I have stored my nic in the fridge as I heard that VG mixed nic tends to freeze in the freezer. I also thought that maybe I should up my nic level (100mg rather than 50mg) so that I require less nic base mix to harsh up my juice.

Anyway I would like some advice if possible and how some of you guys were able to get a nice smooth vape out of adding nic to your juices.

I'm just so bummed as I have spent a bit just trying to save on importing expensive juices that have already nic mixed in.

Thanks in advance.

Jay

AVF Regular
    Do you have some VG? Try mixing some unflavoured and see if you find that too rough. No way should 6mg/ml of nicotine be rough.

How many watts are you vaping at and on what device?

Also, what nic did you get? Where from?
    eLicky and Seminewvaper75 like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    If the vape is tasting harsh, particularly a scratchy or irritated throat it may be you're sensitive to Mixology's nicotine like I am. I love its organic taste and the nic hit is great but after several hours leading into days it makes my throat sore. Although its going to seem like a waste I would count your losses and order in 100mls from Hiliq which is cleaner and shouldn't exhibit the same issue.

I know what's its like, it does your head in, mixing, testing, wasting bases as I've been through it. Apart from one single batch I had late last year (that was replaced) Hiliq have always been great.

My money is on that being your issue, you're not doing anything wrong.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Do you have some VG? Try mixing some unflavoured and see if you find that too rough. No way should 6mg/ml of nicotine be rough.

How many watts are you vaping at and on what device?

Also, what nic did you get? Where from?
    I only vape between 35 - 45 on DL hits and between 14 - 20 on mtl. I'm not a cloud chaser and change my vape style depending on the type of flavour or juice and whether i feel like having dense or light clouds. Light for desserts and pastries and dense for drinks and candy ( sometimes I switch too) So yeah I think it could be the nic. I do have VG and might try the unflavoured test.

I purchased it from mixology.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eLicky View Post
    If the vape is tasting harsh, particularly a scratchy or irritated throat it may be you're sensitive to Mixology's nicotine like I am. I love its organic taste and the nic hit is great but after several hours leading into days it makes my throat sore. Although its going to seem like a waste I would count your losses and order in 100mls from Hiliq which is cleaner and shouldn't exhibit the same issue.

I know what's its like, it does your head in, mixing, testing, wasting bases as I've been through it. Apart from one single batch I had late last year (that was replaced) Hiliq have always been great.

My money is on that being your issue, you're not doing anything wrong.
    Hey thanks for the heads up elicky. I didnt factor your suggestion in. I always thought it was a PG thing that could cause that reaction hence the VG base. Either that or the guys could have mixed or label the bottle wrong with PG and marked it as VG. But the base is pretty thick so it is VG.

I was thinking about hiliq. I will def. give them a try as everyone here is raving about the quality.
    fabricator4 likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminewvaper75 View Post
    I only vape between 35 - 45 on DL hits and between 14 - 20 on mtl. I'm not a cloud chaser and change my vape style depending on the type of flavour or juice and whether i feel like having dense or light clouds. Light for desserts and pastries and dense for drinks and candy ( sometimes I switch too) So yeah I think it could be the nic. I do have VG and might try the unflavoured test.

I purchased it from mixology.
    I can't even vape 12mg anymore, 6 is borderline for me and I stick with 3mg these days with no problem, I use Hiliq nic TDN and DL always, Sully hass the Mixology nic and his misses is having probs so maybe some correlation developing here.
    I am going to try the Hiliq NTN soon just to see what's it like, maybe a good idea for you to Semi ?

I did get a really rough batch from Hiliq that was pale red in color but thats rare. Nude nicotine is another highly recommended supplier of great quality smooth nic but I haven't tried it either.
    MrGruffy and Seminewvaper75 like this.
    emu's pre-loved mowers.com

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminewvaper75 View Post
    Hey thanks for the heads up elicky. I didnt factor your suggestion in. I always thought it was a PG thing that could cause that reaction hence the VG base. Either that or the guys could have mixed or label the bottle wrong with PG and marked it as VG. But the base is pretty thick so it is VG.

I was thinking about hiliq. I will def. give them a try as everyone here is raving about the quality.
    When I first started vaping almost 10-months ago my first batch of nicotine was from Mixology (100mg in PG base). It did work and was OK, but even then was making my throat scratchy. Before I used that nic base up I ordered in 100mg/ml bottle from Hiliq due to people here and other sites recommending them. The difference was apparent, especially how smooth and harsh free the base was in PG base. You won't feel that harshness on the exhale and the throat hit will be smooth even with large direct lung hits at 8mg (at least in my case)

I am not taking anything away from Mixology as I know several people who use it without any concerns and that's great, their prices and turn around times are nice, though obviously some people are a little sensitive to it and for these people I recommend going with Hiliq because its just that more smoother and you sound like one of these people.

Order in one of their 100mg/ml bottles, they ship DHL which cost about $20 AUD but its quick and 100mls should last easily a few months.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

AVF Regular
    Thanks guys, Ill give hiliq a try. Any suggestions on which nic product to get from them. I see theres a lot of talk on the NTN base.

Cat
    AVF Regular
    I love a lot of things about Mixology and would never put them down, but I just can't take their nic, am going to try Hiliq and see if it makes a difference to me. I guess it comes down to everyone having different tastes...
    MrGruffy likes this.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    I have never tried the Mixology Nic from NewZealand but I like that is is there !! I have supplies of yummy smooth Nude Nic.. which to me... out of all I have tried, is probably as good as it gets !
    Mistic Lady likes this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast