Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Juice tasting funky?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Juice tasting funky?

Hi all,

I am wondering if I have maybe missed a step in the process here... So early this week I purchased some juice whilst I wait for my funds to raise to get into mixing my own. I bought from vaporeyes, as in the past they have had the best juices I have tried (grandpa joes and heisenberg). Now I am sure its me who has gotten something wrong, this is what I have done, and what I'm getting out of my set up.

Juices arrived as doublers, added nicotine to get the desired strength and then added my VG/PG. Waited a few hours and added to my sub tank, tastes really 'stingy' if thats the word I'm trying to use to describe.

I got Momo's Milk - very stingy on the throat, not something I expected from 4mg
    I got ECL - meant to be chocolaty/pastery and I'm not getting that at all, 4mg
    Haven't tried my candy apple one yet cause I think I've done something wrong.

I am estimating that I have the ratio at around 4mg nicotine with the liquid being around 75% VG : 25% PG

Travel time was 4 days so I assumed the flavours would be all good by then, as in the past I have just loaded my juice and plumed away...

Help would be great, I don't for a second think the juices haven't been set up right because these guys are the greatest, I am just thinking I did something terribly wrong

kind regards,

Patty

emu
    AVF Regular
    Hi Patty, what nic brand and strength are you adding to the juice? how much did you put into what quantity ?
    emu's pre-loved mowers.com

24mg for soulblu

added just under 5mL for a 30mL bottle, as i said i've used this before with the same measurements and no problems. Could it be the juices aren't steeped properly?
    merexy likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Did you shake the crapper out of them, and is there enough room for air in the bottle to shake properly. I haven't tried that brand so maybe someone who has can give an opinion on it. As long as you shook em really well and left for a few hours it should be good to go.
    emu's pre-loved mowers.com

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by patty View Post
    24mg for soulblu

added just under 5mL for a 30mL bottle, as i said i've used this before with the same measurements and no problems. Could it be the juices aren't steeped properly?
    Leave them a couple of days and they should be OK.
    Tara likes this.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    It could be your coil &/or wick, check if they need changing or refreshing.
    It could be the juice needs time to steep, wait five days.
    It could be a bad batch, good luck with that one.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    Milk and chocolate?

Leave them for at least a few days, a week or more is better.

Fruits tend to be often ready to go when they're mixed (in my opinion, get your own!) but they too get better with a little time.

So you've kind of gone about it asre-about, the apple first might have saved you some angst.

Doublers are a new thing to me as well and I'm finding that some are ok when freshly 'made', others just don't work at all. In almost all cases, if the doubler came from a good place, it'll end up being in a good place once it's had some time to get acquainted with what you've added to it.

Might also be what you've got, if they're new to you, just aren't your cup of tea. I love cream, ice cream and custards, but it turns out in a vape I'm not a fan.

But I do like citrus, which crosses over well. I'm waiting for someone to make sudachi or yuzu flavour, at which point I can kick the pedestrian oranges, lemons and limes in the pants.

Try the apple, see if that's working, then give the other two some time before deciding if they're ok or not.

Stu.
    patty likes this.

AVF Regular
    Some juices are ok right away others need steeping Patty. Give the apple juice at least 2 days and shake it like mad at least twice a day. Creams like the strawberry milk need a good 2 weeks and the bakery juice would need a good 4 weeks, as longer as better. Also you would a new new coil or wick for each juice to try it.

AVF Regular
    and the other thing Patty.. next time you buy nic.. please try another supplier... I had only bad experience and funky juices with that supplier... better to try Mixology in New Zealand HiLiq in China Nude Nic in USA......

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

thanks for your advice guys, I have got the juices put aside, I have been changed the coil head over, but in the past I have been able to just sway juices and the cotten would just work its magic into it.. hopefully this steeping allows them to go to the great flavour i know that they should be. I will be switching nic, that was the last of my previous purchase and I am just worried about buying more with the current QLD laws.

thanks for all the advice guys, i knew it was something I had done wrong,
    emu likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast