Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Quest for throat hit

AVF Regular

Quest for throat hit

Hey guys it's been a while and I'm back with some questions again
    As the title suggests I'm a sucker for throat hit, with each puff I want it to kick like a mule but lately it's kinda lacking.
    I'm still sorta diying but recently got into doublers for quick and easy mixing from ve and soon going to order a lot of juice/nic from hiliq just to have a stash, it's such a great price. Anyway I've been ordering my nicotine from mixology and bought a few juices aswell all at 6mg and 100mg nic that went in my freezer. I went through my pre mixed and went to diy again, 70/30vg with 1.8mls of nic to make 6mg.
    I've done this many times before but I kept my nic in a dark draw and pulled it out when mixing and it was oxidised after about a month and tasted horrible
    So I started keeping it in the freezer.
    So I was mixing doublers to 6mg and was expecting a decent throat hit and nothing, great flavour and weak buzz but no throat hit. So far I mixed up 7 doublers all the same and still no throat hit.
    I'm using the same rdas freakshow V2, velocity clone and garren 24 and the same builds/ wicking style that I used before and got throat hit with some of my old mixes that I did for 6 months and was satisfying everytime , I'm at a complete loss with what to do, nicotine has no peppery taste, very little smell and is crystal clear so it's still good.
    I don't really have nic cravings but the wanting of throat hit is driving me up a wall.
    12mg in my kayfun Mini has a good throat hit and is very satisfying but defiently not the same as dripping
    They only thing I know that's changed is the freezer but I thought it was supposed to preserve it?
    Thoughts, helps or tips?

Cheers avf

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce.C View Post
    Hey guys it's been a while and I'm back with some questions again
    As the title suggests I'm a sucker for throat hit, with each puff I want it to kick like a mule but lately it's kinda lacking.
    I'm still sorta diying but recently got into doublers for quick and easy mixing from ve and soon going to order a lot of juice/nic from hiliq just to have a stash, it's such a great price. Anyway I've been ordering my nicotine from mixology and bought a few juices aswell all at 6mg and 100mg nic that went in my freezer. I went through my pre mixed and went to diy again, 70/30vg with 1.8mls of nic to make 6mg.
    I've done this many times before but I kept my nic in a dark draw and pulled it out when mixing and it was oxidised after about a month and tasted horrible
    So I started keeping it in the freezer.
    So I was mixing doublers to 6mg and was expecting a decent throat hit and nothing, great flavour and weak buzz but no throat hit. So far I mixed up 7 doublers all the same and still no throat hit.
    I'm using the same rdas freakshow V2, velocity clone and garren 24 and the same builds/ wicking style that I used before and got throat hit with some of my old mixes that I did for 6 months and was satisfying everytime , I'm at a complete loss with what to do, nicotine has no peppery taste, very little smell and is crystal clear so it's still good.
    I don't really have nic cravings but the wanting of throat hit is driving me up a wall.
    12mg in my kayfun Mini has a good throat hit and is very satisfying but defiently not the same as dripping
    They only thing I know that's changed is the freezer but I thought it was supposed to preserve it?
    Thoughts, helps or tips?

Cheers avf
    You've already mixed 70% PG which would have been my first suggestion. If you're using direct lung inhales at anything 30 watts or over you should really be feeling it in your throat. I generally run 60/40 PG/VG and up to 10mg/ml but the highest I can go with that for my ADV is 25 watts. Over that becomes a lot more intense.

So, I'm thinking you are backing off on the watts, or you're just getting more used to vaping. Both of these things can tend to happen as you settle into vaping, almost without you realising it.

Something that helps is strong menthol, as it does give a lot of throat hit; It could be what you are looking for. Years ago I said this to someone and they didn't listen - just kept looking for other solutions. Eventually they gave it a go and then next thing I know they are practically loading up their tank with menthol crystals (not really LOL, but they became an overnight menthol junky. It's pretty neat really - menthol is very cheap when you buy it in crystals. That's about all he needed, I believe he gave all favourings away except for large amounts of menthol on a mech and dripper.

Edit: Oh, and good quality nicotine is smoother as well as having less flavour. The oxidized stuff is much rougher on the the throat, but it tastes like a mouldy old gym shoe...
    Last edited by fabricator4; 15-03-17 at 04:00 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I defiently haven't backed off on the watts I'm genarlly either on series pushing 140w or regulated pushing 150w, I might try letting my nic oxidize a little bit because it's to smooth for my liking though lol
    I've never tried menthol ejuice really, it might be somthing I'm into actually, have you tried the menthol crystals from hiliq?

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Use 24mg/ml nic like I do in all my devices, then you won't lack for TH
    CMB likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Use 24mg/ml nic like I do in all my devices, then you won't lack for TH
    I should get some 24 aye
    I've accidentally dripped 24mg on my NC, that was an experience 😂

AVF Regular
    it all comes down to the source, good quality nicotine is not smooth, rather bad quality nicotine lacks throat hit imo, good quality nicotine on its own feels and tastes like a cigarette, the only two sources of nic i found that provide that kind of throat hit are house of liquid and juiceray.com (both very slightly pale yellow not crystal clear)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce.C View Post
    it might be somthing I'm into actually, have you tried the menthol crystals from hiliq?
    I don't think Hiliq offer crystals, only concentrate which would be 10% w/v. Aussie does 30g of crystals for eight dollars something, which would be enough for 300ml of the same solution. That concentrate you then dilute again to about 1 to 5% (or higher in some cases) in the e-liquid. It's very nice natural menthol.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Does the Nic freeze.. i want to help preserve it.. but not keen on having to defrost when ever I make my jooce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost2489 View Post
    Does the Nic freeze.. i want to help preserve it.. but not keen on having to defrost when ever I make my jooce

My NICs in 100% PG, in the freezer it goes as thick as vg but doesn't freeze.
    When you want to use it let it defrost for about 5-10 minutes and your good to go
    I'm not to sure about vg I read somewhere that vg is kinda the same way

AVF Regular
    Sweet.. mines 100% vg so I think I'll give it a try

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast