Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 122
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Nicotine E Juice Seized in QLD

  1. #111
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tweed
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by saph View Post
    only those who use toll and are unlucky to have their stuff come through brisbane are searched they are linked with qld health and if its a knowen vape store its a taken package but since yours was fedex they didnt search
    But do we know who use Toll to handle their freight here in Brisbane? Or is it only Toll freight from NZ that is handled by Toll here in Qld?

  2. #112
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    7,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    But do we know who use Toll to handle their freight here in Brisbane? Or is it only Toll freight from NZ that is handled by Toll here in Qld?
    Toll in Brisbane would receive parcels direct from NZ. Obviously this means that Toll send some parcels via a Brisbane International flight but this is not guaranteed. Some services go via Sydney.

    Packages enter Australia at Brisbane International airport and are checked through customs and transferred to Toll. In the Toll terminal at Brisbane International airport someone spots a package from for example "NZVapor". That's a no-brainer. Someone opens the package and THEN informs Queensland Health. That's pretty suspect legally I think. Toll should not have the authority to open packages, not for that reason anyway.

    Once Queensland Health receive the "complaint" they have to act on it. They send someone out to take a sample of the liquid for testing. The package does not at this stage leave the Toll premises. I got the impression that the warning letter is sent from Queensland Health even before they collect the sample. IOW someone in toll has inspected the package if that is the case (I'm not 100% certain).

    Some unknown testing is then done on the sample and the above is the result.

    I can't put it any clearer than that. Toll... Brisbane International Airport... Queensland Health.
    NOT Customs, NOT any other airport, NOT Fedex, NOT USPS and NOT any other freight method.

    It's unknown at this stage if it's still occurring or will occur again. NZ companies shipping to Queensland addresses appear to be using other means. If they are still using Toll NZ, then they are making sure that they use services that will definitely enter via Sydney.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 12-08-17 at 07:54 PM.
    DocM and blox4u like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  3. #113
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    N/E Vic
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    It's unknown at this stage if it's still occurring or will occur again. NZ companies shipping to Queensland addresses appear to be using other means. If they are still using Toll NZ, then they are making sure that they use services that will definitely enter via Sydney.
    Is it viable to contact the vendor to specify alternate route to destination or too hard basket for the freighter?
    emu likes this.
    Proud owner of #4 Bastard file and various ecoutrements.

  4. #114
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tweed
    Posts
    69
    fabricator4: That makes it fairly easy to avoid if it is only products from NZ which are shipped with Toll from start to finish.

    The only uncertainty would be with carriers who subcontract out the Australian side of their operation to Toll Brisbane, if there are any.
    DocM and emu like this.

  5. #115
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    7,063
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    Is it viable to contact the vendor to specify alternate route to destination or too hard basket for the freighter?
    I think you'll find that NZ vendors are aware of the problem and will take steps to protect themselves and their customers. Queenslanders are getting their packages just fine as far as I'm aware.

    Personally, I'd just select any other freight option than Toll. If Toll were the only option I would contact the vendor and make sure they have measures in place.
    Even further, I'd walk over broken glass before I'd use Toll for anything - at least while they are party to this rubbish.
    DocM, AllyP, emu and 1 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  6. #116
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    7,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    fabricator4: That makes it fairly easy to avoid if it is only products from NZ which are shipped with Toll from start to finish.

    The only uncertainty would be with carriers who subcontract out the Australian side of their operation to Toll Brisbane, if there are any.
    If that's the case then the packages would be given to Toll at their main facility in Brisbane, not the international airport. No problem. Toll at the international airport only receives freight from or for international flights as far as I can tell. I think the main domestic logistics is at Murrarie, down the road from the international and domestic airports (just over the gateway bridge).
    DocM and blox4u like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  7. #117
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    N/E Vic
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    If that's the case then the packages would be given to Toll at their main facility in Brisbane, not the international airport. No problem. Toll at the international airport only receives freight from or for international flights as far as I can tell. I think the main domestic logistics is at Murrarie, down the road from the international and domestic airports (just over the gateway bridge).
    Makes sense, as usual fab4
    AllyP and emu like this.
    Proud owner of #4 Bastard file and various ecoutrements.

  8. #118
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    blox4u

    Sorry about your seizure bro. Is that the end of it? Or will they send you a fine?

    Technically you weren't in posession of anything illegal, and I'm not sure if it's an offense to smuggle S7 poison into the country as opposed to smuggling narcotics or BB guns or whatever else happens to be illegal.
    Sorry been out, that's it no fine no nothing.
    I think Qld health have had a lot of backlash over the seizures so I think that's final.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DocM likes this.

  9. #119
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tweed
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by blox4u View Post
    Sorry been out, that's it no fine no nothing.
    I think Qld health have had a lot of backlash over the seizures so I think that's final.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That is a token relief.
    DocM and blox4u like this.

  10. #120
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    That is a token relief.
    Yep the first letter freaked me out when it says in bold writing $9800 for obtaining and possessing nicotine.
    I just want to give NZ Vapour a shout out for refunding my money when they found out my order was seized they didn't have to as lots of orders were seized and they lost $1000's. Plus I want to thank Fab4 for all his knowledge on all things vaping (what doesn't he know)and support from when I received my first letter


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    btobw, DocM, emu and 1 others like this.

 

 
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 12:48 AM.