Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Will be making my own juice soon, help :)

AVF Regular

Will be making my own juice soon, help :)

Hi guys!
    I really liked the grape and the apple rtv from Hiliq so I ordered both in concentrates .
    Am I right in thinking that I will be able to replicate those flavours when mixing up everything using a mix calculator as long as I get the amounts right?
    Or did I need to buy sweetener ?
    Sorry if this is a silly question and thankyou for any advice
    RyanohRyan and staceman101 like this.

AVF Regular
    Best bet would be to head over to the HILIQ thread, and send Ryan a PM. He is really good to deal with, and should be able to give you the right info.

They have a puffing billy steamboat festival, or something on sometime about now, and I think Ryan is in the UK for that, so he may not be as quick as usual, to get back to you.

I got some mango sorbet concentrate, and found it to be pretty much the same as the premixed that they had sent me in a previous order, once I made it.

If you mix up some very small batches of each, when they do arrive, you should be able to make a pretty quick assessment as to how it will pan out, particularly with fruit flavours.
    gert, RyanohRyan, Mouse1 and 1 others like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Thankyou Rockmoose!!
    Excellent advice, I will do that!
    staceman101 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I DIY... I find the simplest way to do it is make up a plain version of each (10% flavour to 90% base - 1ml flavour, 9ml PG/VG base) - no nicotine at this stage (you don't want to have too much nicotine while you're doing this...)
    Sample both flavours to familiarise yourself with the base flavours, then slowly mix them. 50/50, give it a try and then increase one or the other until you find the right blend.
    Add nicotine and #VapeOn.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    gert, RyanohRyan and Mouse1 like this.

AVF Regular
    Thank you Staceman, I was going to try 100ml, your way is much safer
    RyanohRyan and staceman101 like this.

AVF Regular
    I quite enjoy the process... you get to know the individual flavours intimately, and appreciate them when they match up with the other flavour properly.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    RyanohRyan and chrisbram like this.

AVF Regular
    I DIY. I find a pre-made juice that I like and then clone it, if the recipe is out there. I always make up a 15ml bottle first, follow the steeping time and then see how it is. Easy to waste 15mls than 100mls. If the recipe looks OK I will put nic in, but if not, I leave it out and test. When I am happy with the end result I then make up a larger bottle.
    gert, DocM, RyanohRyan and 3 others like this.

2nd attempt ... Never give up, giving up. OMG I am going to be rich soon, look how much I have saved!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginar View Post
    I DIY. I find a pre-made juice that I like and then clone it, if the recipe is out there. I always make up a 15ml bottle first, follow the steeping time and then see how it is. Easy to waste 15mls than 100mls. If the recipe looks OK I will put nic in, but if not, I leave it out and test. When I am happy with the end result I then make up a larger bottle.
    That's good advise Ginar. :
    RyanohRyan and Mouse1 like this.

AVF Regular
    Hi Ginar, do you let it steep, then try it and if happy with it add Nic then?
    Thank you!
    RyanohRyan likes this.

AVF Regular
    Ryan will not be able to give you the percentages for the Hiliq juice, I have tried to find out a while ago. They won't even tell Ryan. You are going to have to guess a bit. I usually use 10% concentrates in my juices. I enquired about the custard I think Hilq use more than 10% in that, maybe 12%.
    RyanohRyan likes this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast