Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: What brand of vg/pg are you using and how do you rate it.

AVF Regular

What brand of vg/pg are you using and how do you rate it.

After reading recommendations here about 8 months back i went with basedrop vg /pg and also had some from the steamery. They both seemed to have a funny chemical /burnt smell to the vg i was happy until i bought this last week . So i decided to push the button last week on a new batch of u4ea vg and pg from aussie ecigs. Well blimey it has absolutely no smell what so ever. After vaping it, its definitely alot cleaner than the basedrop and holds my flavors much better. I didn't think the smell from the basedrop vg was interfering with my flavors but after trying my new vg it definitely was. Both vg and pg were perfectly sealed. Vg with a foil seal ,pg with a cardboard seal. Packed well with no leakage. Also got a couple of free 10ml concentrates samples which makes up for the small price difference. Just thought I would put this out thier as i now know what the difference between the both are.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Yep, U4EA is what I'm using and I now recommend it.

I used to use and recommend basedrop but then people started reporting problems with smell/taste/harshness. This was really disappointing because I felt that I'd been misleading people. To do the prices they do, basedrop would have to be ordering absolutely huge amounts, and the problems seem to have gone on for a long time.

To keep costs down I buy the 4L for VG (and probably the PG next time) which is enough for a very long time, so I store it in the freezer. I can confirm that it does solidify in the deep freeze, which means that it's not going to change very much even in the original 4 liter container.

Edit: I do keep up to 500ml at room temperature for normal use.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 03-06-17 at 01:30 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I buy both of vg from ve. When I mix unflavoured the vg tastes quite sweet and the PG has 0 taste, plus when mixing by weight the twist caps means less clean up. I tried both from vapeking and the vg is fine but for me the PG tasted a bit soapy.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Danny76 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'm using Vapemate UK pg and VG still very good stuff mixes great never had a issue. Which is awesome cause for some reason I ended up with about 2L of each left over from my last order lol
    Danny76 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I use the same U4EA base (was recommended to me), can confirm its extremely clean, probably the freshest I've tried and perfect for adding flavors on top.

I vape unflavored for several months now (base quality couldn't be more important), I've tried my share of VG bases from different stores, I've had numerous problems with base drop from strange smells, very bland overly thick batches, they were OK last year but something has dropped in the consistancy of their VG. I was taking a gamble with each order (stuff that for a joke)

U4EA cost a little more (about $8 extra shipped) but I'm happy to pay it just for the damn piece of mind and quality.

When a base has an issue and needs returning, often this puts you out for several days (sometimes with no mixing bases), I was totally over it with some stores.
    Last edited by eLicky; 04-06-17 at 07:01 PM.
    Danny76 likes this.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

AVF Regular
    I picked up a tonne in the HOV closeout discounts so that for the moment. Normally I alternate between VK and Aussieigs. I depends on what else I am getting.
    shaneo and Danny76 like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    For the last year I have been using Basedrop but a couple of weeks ago I noticed the VG that had been in the fridge for about 3 months started to develop a taste, it wasn't a bad taste but because I vape unflavoured I didn't like vaping it. So I ordered a bottle of VG & PG from VapeKing & they seem fine. Before Basedrop I used HOV with no problems. I might try the U4EA next.
    Danny76 likes this.

AVF Regular
    i just use wick and wires for the ease of me getting other things there and 500ml lasts me a bit depending on my mixing
    Danny76 likes this.
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular

my juice is 50% 100mg in the PG from nic suppliers
    25% WTA in VG from om vapers

the rest i have mostly used ebotaniq

last lot was from supervapestore/govape

no complaints on either, but not sure i'd notice with the small % i use
    iamtezr and Danny76 like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    After reading recommendations here about 8 months back i went with basedrop vg /pg and also had some from the steamery. They both seemed to have a funny chemical /burnt smell to the vg i was happy until i bought this last week . So i decided to push the button last week on a new batch of u4ea vg and pg from aussie ecigs. Well blimey it has absolutely no smell what so ever. After vaping it, its definitely alot cleaner than the basedrop and holds my flavors much better. I didn't think the smell from the basedrop vg was interfering with my flavors but after trying my new vg it definitely was. Both vg and pg were perfectly sealed. Vg with a foil seal ,pg with a cardboard seal. Packed well with no leakage. Also got a couple of free 10ml concentrates samples which makes up for the small price difference. Just thought I would put this out thier as i now know what the difference between the both are.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    I have been using U4EA PG and VG for the past two and a half years and also most of their concentrates. I tried one sample of Basedrop VG and tipped it straight down the loo. Lucky I only bought 250 mls. Aussie E-Cigs whom I have plugged quite often on this forum have given me excellent service and what is more, if there are any problems, they do not hide behind their keyboards like most online vendors they give a genuine business hours contact phone number and a real person will talk to you.

Price difference?

I go for quality and not some adulterated crap that seems to have been contaminated by some processing chemical. At the risk of repeating myself, I am not a wealthy person by no means, but when it comes to what goes on my table or into my lungs I pay for the best from Australian Vendors and not those bullshite Chinese Agents like Ave40, Fastech, Healthcabin all of whom I will have nothing to do with. I certainly stay away from Gearbest, three orders and three refunds as nothing received.

I have even ceased trading with HiLiq as I find Mixology in NZ much better.

I am a proud Australian, Australian Vendors will always come first with me. Well may Trump say America First, I say Australia First. As to buying concentrates from the USA ....Pigs might fly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast