Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: A Possible Alternative to DIY - UK Flavour Shots

AVF Regular

A Possible Alternative to DIY - UK Flavour Shots

I've been watching what's been going on in the UK since the advent of the TPD and max 10ml bottle size. There always was a small market for bottled flavour concentrates (e.g.., T-Juice), but since the advent of the TPD, it seems to have grown. There are suppliers offering premixed concentrates for e-liquid, some "brands" that I have seen before. I have just ordered 5 x 30ml flavour shots from One Shot Conecentrates

Pricing in Aus to GPD exchange rate at 1.7, I have concentrates to mix roughly 1.5L of juice at a cost of 4.2c/ml, I have to add on the cost of PG,VG and Nic, so let's say cost of 10c/ml.

OK, so it's not cheaper than true DIY, but, it's a good alternative if you're organised enough to re-order. It's also a good alternative if you're a bit "pants" at DIY juice lol. There's a nice choice of flavours from this vendor. A simple Google of "flavour shots uk" should return you a few other vendors doing the same thing.
    Schtoo and Evilm8 like this.

AVF Regular
    So in the UK can they still buy, say, 100mg Nic base? Can they only buy 10ml bottles of Nic base?

I'm just not sure how they're DIYing over there.
    FXVaper likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    So in the UK can they still buy, say, 100mg Nic base? Can they only buy 10ml bottles of Nic base?

I'm just not sure how they're DIYing over there.
    Maximum 10ml 20mg/ml...

There are also import bans, but I'm guessing they are importing nicotine anyway, much the same as we do. Stupid laws won't make any more sense to their customs dept than they do to ours... hopefully. Why worry about nicotine and bottles when there's criminals to catch?
    FXVaper and Jemor like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quite a few people have been doing this for years, T-Juice and Pink Spot come to mind, triplers from Vapeking Juice Factory also have a range of similar one shot type concentrates.

Be good to see more Aussie vendors doing it rather than the trend towards expensive no nic RTV.
    Fatman, 1ynne and FXVaper like this.

AVF Regular
    Yep, T Juice concentrates are an easy, fool proof, tasty, one shot concentrate which are economical and thankfully are readily available at Vapeking -$7.95 for 10ml and it makes 60ml or more .. Jack the Ripple, Strawberri, Colonel Custard even Minty the Toff.. all worth a try, and for me, taste better than a few more expensive RTV
    gert, Fatman, rockmoose and 1 others like this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    Make an account, they strip off VAT and give you a shipping estimate. And the shipping is eminently reasonable as well.

(Actually, just like they're supposed to. But not everyone actually does that...)

I might give it a shot. Maybe not today, but maybe tomorrow. Maybe not tomorrow, tomorrow is going to be a loooooong day...

Thanks.

Stu.
    FXVaper likes this.

AVF Regular
    Really sorry that I didn't get back to this thread and your excellent responses. I have used T-juice, but what I like about the Chef Vapour thing is the amount of choice.

I wanted to provide an update on the flavours that I bought, so here we go.

1. Pistachio RY4 - this was produced/concocted by the guy from DIY or DIE, and is supposed to be a clone of the Charlie Noble juice of the same name. It's close but, not identical, is very nice if you like those sort of flavours, and beats paying the price for the real deal - would buy again.

2. VapeFella - produced by Chef Vapour, this is a smoky custard with a touch of tobacco. It vapes well straight up and steeps nicely as well - will buy again.
    3. Southern Smoke - produced by e-juice makers, this is a blend of creams, brown sugar and tobacco. It vapes well straight up and steeps nicely too. Seems to have a bit of a peanut flavour as well - will buy again.
    4. BAM Cake - by Darren Cole Mixocology (Divine Shots), this is biscuit that's been infused with marzipan then topped of with blueberry pieces and crunchy almonds. I really like this, but I'm not sure they're still selling it.
    5. Salted Indulgence - by Nom Nomz, A creamy custard base, smothered in warm salted caramel with a sprinkle of brown sugar for a touch of sweetness. It's ok but needs more steeping, so will reserve my opinion. However, I should learn that I like to eat salted caramel, not necessarily vape it - more is not necessarily good!

Plus, they chucked a freebie into my order which was Real Flavour's Peanut Butter concentrate - which smells like the real deal, but has no suggestions on what percentage to mix it at. I'm not a fan of peanut butter, so if anyone wants this, shoot me a PM and I'll send it to you, cheers FX

AVF Regular
    I'm always confused as to what percentage should doublers and one shots be mixed at--
    I dont buy them often, just a few favourites..would love to know what everyone does with theirs,
    Thanks.
    Last edited by gert; 07-08-17 at 09:29 AM.
    emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    I'm always confused as to what percentage should doublers and one shots be mixed at--
    I dont buy them often, just a few favourites..would love to know what everyone does with theirs,
    Thanks.
    I must have sensitive taste buds gert, 30 drops of concentrate in 100ml's or around 1% is ample for me and it makes it Moorish. I've never bought a doubler though but if I did I'd probably dilute it down six fold lol.
    gert, fabricator4 and rockmoose like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    I must have sensitive taste buds gert, 30 drops of concentrate in 100ml's or around 1% is ample for me and it makes it Moorish. I've never bought a doubler though but if I did I'd probably dilute it down six fold lol.
    Sigh, I fear my buds are a shipwreck thanks to years of rollies Emu, I wouldnt taste anything at that percentage. I've tried making many recipes online and I can't taste them-
    Coarse creature I must be.. lol.
    emu likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast