Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: A Concentrate Experiment Has any one tried this?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I might know a thing or two about some of this stuff too and you couldn’t pay me to vape that.
    Noe likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    You can find them on their NZ Website, www.stillspirits.com. Look for the Top Shelf Brand products.
    422 Glycerin or glycerol,
    Food Color 102
    Tartrazine a synthetic lemon yellow azo dye primarily used as a food coloring. ... Tartrazine is a commonly used color all over the world
    Azorubine or Carmoisine Food Color, Carmoisine or Azorubine is a synthetic red food dye from the azo dye group. It is a red to maroon powder. It is used for the purposes where the food is heat-treated after fermentation. It has E number E122. Some of the foods it can be present in are blancmange, marzipan, Swiss roll, jams, preserves, yoghurts, jellies, breadcrumbs, and cheesecake mixes. It is also present in Oraldene Mouthwash. Azorubine is commonly used in the UK, but it is a prohibited food additive in Japan, Norway, and the United States. A study commissioned by the UK's Food Standards Agency found that when used in a mixture of other preservatives, increased levels of hyperactivity in children were observed. ( Children should not be vaping in any case...my comment)
    Water.
    Contains sulphites which is not good for asthma sufferers.
    Having said that I cut my original mix down by half as 10% felt a bit strong and now its a lot better. With that tiny amount of concentrate now at least I know what I am playing with.
    Unlike concentrates from vape stores no idea what we a messing with when we buy them
    2 different colors, some preservatives & sulphites, yeah I recommend no one vapes any of those, asthma or not.
    Having an idea of what you're vaping & knowing that the stuff doesn't need to be in there like colors and sulphites Vs not knowing the specific ingredients but knowing that no colors or sulphites are added, I'll take the later thanks.
    Seems a bit silly to be saying "Hey I'm gonna vape this because I know what's in it, although I know what's in it is bad to vape."

Like I said in my first post in the thread, the more concentrated a flavor concentrate is, the less room there is in it for fillers, like colorings, preservatives, sulphates & sulphites, all the things we do not want in our juice.
    flyingfox12 and jedw757 like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    2 different colors, some preservatives & sulphites, yeah I recommend no one vapes any of those, asthma or not.
    Having an idea of what you're vaping & knowing that the stuff doesn't need to be in there like colors and sulphites Vs not knowing the specific ingredients but knowing that no colors or sulphites are added, I'll take the later thanks.
    Seems a bit silly to be saying "Hey I'm gonna vape this because I know what's in it, although I know what's in it is bad to vape."

Like I said in my first post in the thread, the more concentrated a flavor concentrate is, the less room there is in it for fillers, like colorings, preservatives, sulphates & sulphites, all the things we do not want in our juice.
    I cannot dispute your words of wisdom @Noe, and I thank you for your advice, that is why I started this thread in the first place. One thing that @Juice gave was a link to Perfumes Apprentice, when I looked at that and the ingredients they put in their flavor concentrates Perfumer's Apprentice I think I might be totally turned off concentrates and vape unflavored with just Nicotine added. Some of their ingredients do use essential oils. Ok not in great proportions but it got me worried. Then again when we consider the crap that tobacco companies put into cigarettes, one cannot be blamed for thinking.....damned if I do smoke and damned if I vape flavors.
    gert likes this.
    Lest in self defence it be,
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12