Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Do you know what you are inhaling?

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by eLicky View Post
    Even vaping unflavoured we peel away the orange skin able to detect minute variations in bases and nicotine flavors usually cover over.

Only today I opened a new liter VG base from a different store I've tried before. Why does it taste a bit sweeter, why does it appear slightly thinner.

Why does some Basedrop VG stink like melted Barbie doll plastic.

And what the hell is going on with Hiliq's nicotine recently....

All are questions I ask myself regularly.
    I think the most disturbing thing I have read in this thread is the bit I highlighted in your post.
    How the hell do you know what melted Barbie doll smells like, what kind of twisted mind decides BBQ'd Barbie doll would be good for a laugh?

Won't someone think of the children???
    merexy, eLicky, emu and 1 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    I think the most disturbing thing I have read in this thread is the bit I highlighted in your post.
    How the hell do you know what melted Barbie doll smells like, what kind of twisted mind decides BBQ'd Barbie doll would be good for a laugh?

Won't someone think of the children???
    Having only just discovered this deviation, I'm shocked at how common it appears to be.

Noe, emu, blox4u and 1 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Having only just discovered this deviation, I'm shocked at how common it appears to be.

OMG you didn't even apply a NSFW warning on your post, those are real naked Barbie dolls, beling tortured & burned alive!
    Jemor likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post

Oh my!! Don't breath those toxins Fab... you might die mate.

AVF Regular
    bondage barbie FTW

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    OMG you didn't even apply a NSFW warning on your post, those are real naked Barbie dolls, beling tortured & burned alive!

Oh, right.

Oi you lot! NSFW!
    Noe, iamtezr and Jemor like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Super Moderator
    Jemor likes this.
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

AVF Regular
    I'll just say... I experiment a little with fruit flavours, but mostly vape unflavoured. I know I might be a little weird, but for the life of me I cannot cir-cum to all this flavour talk that is included with switching from smoking to vaping and the position automatically taken that people need flavours to switch. Now I realise some flavours are used in tobacco cigarettes, but I have never smoked a tobacco cigarette that tastes like apricots or pineapple or I probably would be still smoking it. Now I haven't tasted every tobacco smoke out there either, but having smoked for 50 years I figure I've probably tried quite a few and still NONE have tasted the tastes we have in vaping.

Food flavourings have been known to cause all sorts of problems that are only coming to pass in the last few decades as more and more people develope problems with it and they are used more in the foods we eat. The additives used in food flavourings are enough to cause a lot of people to check flavouring, colourings etc. in foods and almost every packaged food we buy uses them.

My point is... if we are trying to get OFF smoking and have a healthier life, then why use yet another known/unknown ingredient that IS NOT necessary?

I have tested a couple of friends, who are still smoking for now, on unflavoured vaping first then had them try a fruit flavour. They have all said they like the unflavoured best. Go figure...This could be because it's probably closest to smoking then even some of the tobacco flavours, but if it's acceptable to switch to vaping with then why have flavours at all? To me, this just keeps us vaping and not quitting altogether, if that's what we want, as flavours make it a pleasurable pastime to vape and causes us to loose the end goal of not being a slave to vaping as we were to smoking.

End of rant and not intended to victimize anyone for using flavours for any reason....

I'll go hide back under my desk now.

AVF Regular
    Jeeze! Way better than smoking any day. If yer worried, don't do it. We were never 'supposed to inhale anything other than fresh air. I'd be more worried about ingesting the crap in peak hour traffic......

AVF Regular
    Yep im the unhealthiest person there is and the misses has been crook with something and she only has a few darts a day
    Me fit as a fiddle Hahhahahahahaah
    Have not been sick since starting vaping
    Oh and i did i mention im more daring with eating new things

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    In direct answer to OP .. Yep I do know what I am inhaling
    See I am one of these boring unflavoured types ... so yep my vape consists of PG, VG, and Nicotine ....

The jury is well and truly absent on the use of flavourings ... most if not all are recommended as safe for ingestion, but the result of inhalation ? Who knows?

There is also the thought process of ... " Flavourings will play a minimal part compared to what you were inhaling when you are smoking " in fact most cigarettes have a degree of flavouring compound within them as well ... so by a bit of logic stretching , you could argue that either way you are inhaling evaporated flavouring ... one method mixes that flavouring with many thousands of chemicals ( smoking) and the other with just a few ( vaping) ... if it is Harm minimisation you are after ...Vaping wins hands down ... but vaping without flavouring wins more

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast