Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Do you know what you are inhaling?

Yuz
    AVF Regular
    As per title - I think coil / wire itself is an important factor. I could be wrong but somehow I'm under the impression that (good quality) Kanthal is the "safest".
    Especially something made in Europe / US - if anyone could recommend a supplier I'll stock up since I cannot see myself taking the TC path and generally vape @ 12-16W anyway
    I must be a huge disappointment to the likes of Wismec who are probably about to release a Super 600W, 3x20700 mod.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuz View Post
    As per title - I think coil / wire itself is an important factor. I could be wrong but somehow I'm under the impression that (good quality) Kanthal is the "safest".
    Especially something made in Europe / US - if anyone could recommend a supplier I'll stock up since I cannot see myself taking the TC path and generally vape @ 12-16W anyway
    I must be a huge disappointment to the likes of Wismec who are probably about to release a Super 600W, 3x20700 mod.
    I don't think there's any need to be too concerned about what Kanthal you buy. It's the absolute most stable and hard to get wrong. Any sources made specifically for vaping should be cleaned and it's pretty easy to check that. If you only vape in power mode, just sticking with Kanthal A1 is fine.

As far as the high power mods go: I don't need them either, except for an experiment every now and then.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuz View Post
    I got some kanthal wire from lightening vapes usa. Its super clean and made in usa. Also quite cheap at only 4$ postage.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Thoughts? lol this....

Man-made chemicals are in use all around us - from pesticides to cosmetics and baby bottles to computers - our 21st century society depends on them.

During their manufacture and use, chemicals are released into the environment. They can travel vast distances by air or water and are also absorbed by wildlife and humans through the skin or ingested in food and water. What chemicals are used in your daily life?

Hazardous man-made chemicals have contaminated every environment, and wildlife - including birds, polar bears, frogs, alligators and panthers - is known to be suffering.

And up to 300 man-made chemicals have been found in humans....

Currently only 14% of the chemicals used in the largest volumes have the minimum amount of data publicly available to make an initial basic safety assessment.

http://wwf.panda.org/about_our_earth/teacher_resources/webfieldtrips/toxics/

oh and the fact that more never smokers are getting more lung cancer nowadays

Oh and the fact I never really cared what was in my cigarettes but knowing clean nicotine and snus is better than smoking

So no I dunno I dont care

Especially since I have been a long term smoker and reckon alot of the damage to me what ever it is has already been done - so when my time comes finally - regardless of vape, snus, lozenges or smoking -

My demise at some point like alot of others will simply be put down to smoking - same as my grandmothers was - even though she only smoked lightly for a few years when she was young *shrug

In the mean time with vaping, snus and or lozenges I feel better then I did full smoking all the time (I do still occasionally have a ciggy) so thats what matters to me the most atm - I wont live forever - I wouldnt want to - nor will giving up occasional small pleasures in life allow me to live forever
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 19-07-17 at 01:16 AM.
    Noe, Fatman, Cath Mort and 3 others like this.
    NNA AU and general vape advocacy in Australia summed up-
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...
    Secrecy for the greater good... Enemies are everywhere

"If you see something ...Say say nothing...
    Then drink to forget ..."
    One of us... one of us...one of us....

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    A question for those that have replied saying they only/mainly use unflavored ejuice.

Do you use any type of the following?
    Incense, perfume, cologne, scented oil burners, aerosol deodorant/antiperspirant, spray cleaners, fly/bug spray/repellent, spray on cooking oil, room deodorizers or anything else that is aerosol based or that gives off a scent.

If the answer is yes, then how are they different to flavored ejuice, in your opinion?
    Fatman, rockmoose, emu and 1 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

emu
    AVF Regular
    Addiction to toxic substances is the leading cause of early death in our times but it doesn't stop there, most disease is inherited from our parents and that goes back three or four generations. Certain triggers may speed things up and bring you to an early grave but our DNA is pre programmed with no way to change it, blame your great, great, great grandparents if you're born with faulty genes. I can see the days coming where there will be a gene map included with your birth certificate to help us make healthy choices from a young age with info about what you are predisposed to so you can avoid those catalysts. For most of us smokers the damage is already done, it happened in our youth when we considered ourselves invincible and there's no going back now. You woke up one day in your 40's with the realisation that smoking is going to kill you sooner than you expected and the fear those thoughts generated slapped you in the face with your very own reality, the epiphany shook you to your core and you swore to yourself you were going to stop smoking and get healthy to prolong your life and hopefully the quality of your life.

Day's turned to weeks then weeks to months and years went by but your still smoking, one day you discovered vaping or electronic cigarettes and made the switch because it worked !!! A few months went by and you are feeling a lot better and don't run out of breathe when you exercise as well as your general feeling of well being has improved to equal your pre smoking days, you have a lot more money in your pocket and don't smell like an ashtray anymore, your teeth are turning white again and you are making new friends on forums. Vaping becomes an enjoyable lifestyle choice with experts in health care saying it's 95% safer than smoking, the people around you are no longer exposed to any unnecessary risk of inhaling your toxic smoke and you are finally free of that terrible addiction.

Whatever it is that we are inhaling when we vape is so much better than the alternative, we all know that by experience and the more time that passes is testament to that fact. I say just appreciate vaping for what it is and enjoy the satisfaction that comes when you finally beat an addiction that has controlled you for so long, Vape On..... !!!!
    Noe, Danny76, Sublime and 2 others like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Hi Dogman,

I have some WTA coming from OmVape!

kaimaikid, I've only been vaping a while I made a point of finding natural extract over flavouring additive for my first juice (nicotine extract from Black Note) then tried a food additive in apple and nicotine, had a few puffs of apple and never even opened the nic, the smell from the jar was enough to turn me off. Though all our tastes are different and I have read a few people say they radically change, re juice, over time too.

I swapped to unflavoured there's still the throat hit. I have WTA (Whole Tobaco Alkaloid) at 36 mgs nic coming in mail. Apparently it is good if you still crave, which I do a bit, giving you all the plants chemicals, not just the nicotine extract,

I saw a report on TV recently saying that they thought PG gave less lung congestion over all.

I know I am taking in the chemicals in vg, pg, and nic, (more when wta arrives,) and that is is massively less and probably so much better for me than a cig. I see it as akin someone taking a pill a day for a health condition. Not great but better than the cancer sticks
    Last edited by Bathory; 19-07-17 at 10:51 AM.
    emu likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Noe,

I don't use many of those, just incense and essential oils on my skin, which I figure are natural extracts, not as interfered with. Food flavourings for me are a thing in themselves, like I buy a bag of lollies sometimes for the wild taste hit. sour bears & mint leaves usually. That said I am sure I have more food flavourings/preservatives than I realise, I am betting they're in almost anything that comes in a packet.

I bought some apple & tobacco food flavoured juices, also some natural extracted tobacco flavoured juice, the diff between the naturally extracted tobacco and the food flavoured one seems enormous to me. I can't even bring myself to taste the food flavoured tobacco, the smell is to strong, I had to seal it up before I put it away in fridge, it's like a kind of minty chocolate smell.

All this said, I wouldn't think food flavourings would be any serious worry at all anyway, like everyone says, we take in piles of chems each day and flavourings are better than cadmium and those other nasties in real cigarettes. The reason I ended up going with unflavoured (and it could change,) was firstly the taste, I really was a shocking smoker and wanted to do what ever I could to make vaping stick, I would have swapped to sour bear lollies flavour had I have needed that to give myself the best chance in keeping on with vaping.
    Noe likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    A question for those that have replied saying they only/mainly use unflavored ejuice.

Do you use any type of the following?
    Incense, perfume, cologne, scented oil burners, aerosol deodorant/antiperspirant, spray cleaners, fly/bug spray/repellent, spray on cooking oil, room deodorizers or anything else that is aerosol based or that gives off a scent.

If the answer is yes, then how are they different to flavored ejuice, in your opinion?
    I've thought about this. With those substances you've listed, you aren't inhaling them as deeply or as frequently as you inhale e liquid . When you inhale eliquid its quite an intense concentration of whatever's in those flavourings going directly and deeply into your lungs (that is if you vape DTL). Whereas the other things like incense etc. are more spread out in the air. I'm not sure if I've articulated this well.. Having said that, I'm still quite happy to chain vape ejuice. Maybe I'm in denial.
    Noe and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    A lot of food flavouring concentrates are made from chemicals that occur naturally in food. Malic Acid is the sour apple taste. I'm not saying that food flavouring is safe to inhale, I'm just saying that we get a lot of those compounds in our bodies through food anyway. It's kind of like the GMO/organic issue. A lot of it is emotive and not really that scientific. At least that's my perspective.
    Noe likes this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast