Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Do you know what you are inhaling?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    I suspect that if there is any adverse effects from vaping the scientists will discover them a lot faster than it took to realise the harm smoking tobacco took, there's plenty of us guinea pigs around the world but I've had only positive effects from vaping as far as my health goes.
    Never felt better ...!
    Same. I've actually got my first cold in two years - and man it's a doozy because there's a bad viral strain going round. As a smoker, though? I got several colds each year... and most turned into chest infections.
    My health has been amazing since I quit smoking.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    gert, rab, Wombats1 and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Something I've been thinking about lately is the complication of 'proving vaping is safe' is that we have already exposed ourselves to carcinogens through years of smoking so the likelihood is that any cancer caused by vaping could be recorded as a tobacco-related illness.
    ybnice, emu and blox4u like this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    Something I've been thinking about lately is the complication of 'proving vaping is safe' is that we have already exposed ourselves to carcinogens through years of smoking so the likelihood is that any cancer caused by vaping could be recorded as a tobacco-related illness.
    Yes absolutely. We won't know for sure unless lots of never smokers who start vaping start to get sick. It's really hard to prove the absence of something though, and it's possible they would never be able to say that vaping is 100% safe, even if it was.
    ybnice, blox4u and staceman101 like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Yes absolutely. We won't know for sure unless lots of never smokers who start vaping start to get sick. It's really hard to prove the absence of something though, and it's possible they would never be able to say that vaping is 100% safe, even if it was.
    Of course. Hence GRAS status being 99.9%, I guess.
    staceman101 likes this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

emu
    AVF Regular

Smile Do you know what you're inhaling

I'll be inhaling this in a couple of weeks, YUMMY

Noe, fabricator4, rab and 1 others like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fractal View Post
    What DOES concern me - and where I think corners ARE being cut - is mixing facility sanitation. I think if we do ever have a major scare with contaminated juice, I expect it'll be from unsanitary / unsafe mixing facilities, and not deliberate adulteration.
    PG & nicotine are very good antimicrobials (ie they kill germs), as is VG to a lesser extent.
    You could probably inject 50cc of flu virus directly into a 30ml bottle of juice, vape it 24hrs later & not catch the flu from it. I don't expect anyone to try that & I would never deliberately or knowingly infect a bottle of juice that way (which is why I don't mix juice if I feel like I have a cold or flu etc. or for until 24hrs after I feel no symptoms(not that I normally get the flu anymore)) but the fact remains that it is extremely unlikely that anyone would get sick from vaping juice mixed in almost any conditions.
    fabricator4, emu and staceman101 like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Looks like some of us vapers feel guilty to vape. Why??? Nothing bad about vaping has been found out in 10 years and we all feel much better since we vape or not?
    That is good enough for me. Vapers don't belong to be in the same corner as smokers, we are not smoking...
    Noe and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    You could probably inject 50cc of flu virus directly into a 30ml bottle of juice, vape it 24hrs later & not catch the flu from it. I don't expect anyone to try that...
    Fiddy bucks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    fabricator4, emu, blox4u and 1 others like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I would have no problem buying juice made in a residential kitchen.

Having an ISO 3000 and whatever anti-static clean room is all about optics, not health...with the usual qualifications:

-Your kitchen is not downwind of a lead oxide loading wharf.
    -Your kitchen is not also used to grow open anthrax cultures.
    -Your kitchen is not a midge sanctuary.

Our lungs are designed to inhale room air, so E-Liquid that is prepared in room air, with the usual microbes found floating in room air, can't be a problem.
    gert and staceman101 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    -Your kitchen is not downwind of a lead oxide loading wharf.
    Don't buy juice from gt then.
    gtadmin, rodbam and emu like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456