Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Cold remedy?

AVF Regular

Cold remedy?

Does vaping menthol help any when you have a cold? I'm stuffed up AF, sore throat, annoying cough etc... and my thoughts turned to the bottle of menthol concentrate in the very back of my juice cupboard.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    yep menthol will unblock your nose well
    fabricator4 and staceman101 like this.
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

emu
    AVF Regular
    If you can vape at all with the flu you're lucky, I had a doozy a few weeks ago and couldn't even MTL without coughing my head off for 5 minutes straight. First cold I had for 2 years, even tried plain VG and couldn't inhale that either. Blocked nose meant no way to enjoy snuff and by the time a mate sent me some snus I was better and vaping again.
    disley and staceman101 like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Take big doses of Vitamin C eg 2000mg 3 - 5 times a day & you'll kick that Flu's arse!

The standard RDI for vitamin C isn't high enough to kill a Flu quickly, you need bigger doses to boost your immune system & fight the Flu effectively.
    emu and staceman101 like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    kirks traditional lemonade.

hard to find but ive never seen a bug, virus, vapers tongue or sinus infection that drink couldnt nuke into submission.
    (not for diabetics)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    kirks traditional lemonade.

hard to find but ive never seen a bug, virus, vapers tongue or sinus infection that drink couldnt nuke into submission.
    (not for diabetics)
    IGA I reckon

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    staceman101 likes this.

AVF Regular
    That was my mum's remedy too 😊

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Vitamin C and garlic.

AVF Regular
    +1 for vit C @10,000mg day
    and eating raw cloves of garlic in olive oil [olive oil just softens the flavour]
    and hot toddies, use an old school spirit like brandy, or single malt
    disley, rockmoose and staceman101 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    +1 for vit C @10,000mg day
    and eating raw cloves of garlic in olive oil [olive oil just softens the flavour]
    and hot toddies, use an old school spirit like brandy, or single malt
    Eating raw garlic will also protect you from any lurking vampires that might be eyeing off you jugular too

Honestly though 10k mg of vitamin C per day will work on its own, there is no need to worry about taking larger doses than the RDI either, any Vit C your body doesn't use is quickly sent to the bladder (which is why we need to replace it daily) & so it doesn't build up or become toxic.

I've been taking 5k - 10k mg of Vit C for the past 18+ months, without any noticeable side effects. Since I started taking it in high doses, those around me have got sick with flu or stomach bugs but I have not had what I'd describe as the flu, a bit of a sniffle & a very mild sore throat for around 12hrs is the worst I have had of flu-like symptoms, while family members that had the flu had it for a up to a week or more. The same with the stomach bug (gastro) my sister & her kids had it & I caught it but their symptoms (upset stomach, cramps & diarrhea) lasted for 4-5 days each, mine was 1 bout of an urgent evacuation at night & by next morning I felt fine, it was literally gone over night.
    I take powdered (pure) Vit C 1x heaped teaspoonful per day (which is between 5000mg - 10000mg) but if someone has flu around me I up that to 2x tsps per day & it doesn't give the flu a chance to take hold.
    staceman101 likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast