Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: vodka soak test

  1. #21
    emu
    emu is offline
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    West Australia
    Posts
    1,664
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    I read somewhere that they cause molecular disruption in coils and release trace particles of metal, which then end up in your vape. Jury is out, but whenever possible I err on the side of caution and due diligence...

    Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks that'll save me some hard earned money.
    staceman101 likes this.

  2. #22
    emu
    emu is offline
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    West Australia
    Posts
    1,664
    Calling fab, brother LNB has my hopes up now.
    staceman101 likes this.

  3. #23
    Noe
    Noe is offline
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Posts
    13,140
    I did a random soak test on a few subjects, here's some of the results:















    gert, CMB, fabricator4 and 5 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

    Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

    The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

    Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

    I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

  4. #24
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Goulburn Valley
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by saph View Post
    drinking it i dont know

    crystal head 50 ml is 15 bucks
    I'm in the Philippines atm. 200ml Smirnoff for 5 bucks 😇

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    staceman101 likes this.

  5. #25
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Goulburn Valley
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    Ah... so it is good vodka. You should be right.

    I never attempted drinking it after... it ends up looking a bit like bong water...

    Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    Like you've never drank bong water? 😅

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    emu and staceman101 like this.

  6. #26
    Noe
    Noe is offline
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Posts
    13,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    I'm in the Philippines atm. 200ml Smirnoff for 5 bucks 

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    How much is shipping for around 2L of Smirnoff from there?
    staceman101 likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

    Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

    The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

    Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

    I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

  7. #27
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    North East Victoria
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    I'm in the Philippines atm. 200ml Smirnoff for 5 bucks

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    I was in Thailand last year. Same adorable prices. You could get it at 7-11. Wasn't the real deal in the bottles though...

    Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by staceman101; 05-08-17 at 08:15 AM.
    Sublime likes this.

  8. #28
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    7,430
    Quote Originally Posted by LNB View Post
    Fab will know, blokes a right genius, he will forget more than all of us will ever know...
    I think it's highly unlikely there is any "molecular disruption". Ultrasound does not work on frequencies that can disrupt molecular bonds - if ultrasound could break ionic bonds in molecules we'd all have way more problems than what our coils were doing. Think of other even higher frequency things that obviously do not cause molecules to break apart - microwave ovens, medical ultrasounds, x-ray machines, your mobile phone, radio transmitters...

    Molecules are so small that it requires very high frequencies to just rip them apart - like gamma rays for example. Now that's nasty stuff, and there's a reason it's call ionising radiation.

    Ultrasonic cleaners just physically remove weakly bonded molecules - crud caked on a coil, grease in your atomiser, or the odd persistent flavour molecules that you want to get out of your atty.

    Anything that ultrasound can break off, was already going to break off at some point anyway. Ultrasound just speeds the process up while it's in the bath, that's all.
    Noe, gert, Sublime and 3 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  9. #29
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    North East Victoria
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I think it's highly unlikely there is any "molecular disruption". Ultrasound does not work on frequencies that can disrupt molecular bonds - if ultrasound could break ionic bonds in molecules we'd all have way more problems than what our coils were doing. Think of other even higher frequency things that obviously do not cause molecules to break apart - microwave ovens, medical ultrasounds, x-ray machines, your mobile phone, radio transmitters...

    Molecules are so small that it requires very high frequencies to just rip them apart - like gamma rays for example. Now that's nasty stuff, and there's a reason it's call ionising radiation.

    Ultrasonic cleaners just physically remove weakly bonded molecules - crud caked on a coil, grease in your atomiser, or the odd persistent flavour molecules that you want to get out of your atty.

    Anything that ultrasound can break off, was already going to break off at some point anyway. Ultrasound just speeds the process up while it's in the bath, that's all.
    Thanks for clarifying. I was fairly certain back when I read it that essentially shaking the shit out of something can't really destroy it at a molecular level... but given I got into RTA I didn't extend myself to actually researching the claim.

    Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    fabricator4 likes this.

  10. #30
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Backwater Japan.
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. I was fairly certain back when I read it that essentially shaking the shit out of something can't really destroy it at a molecular level... but given I got into RTA I didn't extend myself to actually researching the claim.

    Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    Watch any decent submarine movie, and they'll go on about 'cavitation', which is very much what ultrasonic cleaners are doing.

    Cavitation happens when you have a low pressure area on a moving 'thing' in a liquid. It causes a small gas bubble, and when that gas bubble collapses it's like hitting the surface with a small hammer. Boat propellers are often chewed up not by corrosion or small creatures or impact damage, but by cavitation when the prop is spinning too fast to bite the water properly, you get low pressure on the 'front' side and it's like tapping away with a heap of small hammers until bits chip off and the prop gets 'eaten'. Death by a thousand cuts.

    Ultrasonic cleaners pass waves through the liquid (water usually), and any small imperfection in the surface causes a small low pressure area (like the prop) and a small gas bubble to form and collapse. If that imperfection is contamination, it's likely not well held and should break off. As Fab says, if it breaks off, it would have broken off somehow anyway. These small bubble actually 'hit' with a huge force relative to their size, but they're really small so the actual forces are small. Just a lot of them constantly. Kind of like sand-blasting or media-blasting. Lots of little hits = a lot of work done.

    I hope that kind of explains things, and why they won't be breaking down metal molecules. They may actually break down a coil or atty, but you'd need to have a particularly aggressive 'cleaner' and leave it in there for a very long time.

    There's always a doom sayer for anything you can dream up. Sometimes they're right. Sometimes they're accepted in public because they've managed to stop making messes on the floor and and aren't excessively offensive to the eyes or nose...

    (If you want alcohol, Japan is dirt cheap. Just don't buy beer, real beer. That's the expensive stuff...)

    Stu.

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 12:54 AM.