AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shanereis1200 View Post
    any feedback on HI Liq emu....?????
    Mixology is smooth.

AVF Regular
    if your nic looks clear it should be ok
    emu likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I've tried both hiliq and nude nic, and I personally find hiliq has a stronger throat hit. Atleast with my batch anyways. Wouldnt say it's unpleasant though, but I only vape 3mg. I'm finding hiliq smoothes out after a week steep. haven't tried mixology nic

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    emu and jedw757 like this.

AVF Regular
    I would not suggest in any way, shape or form for any new vapist to go with DIY liquid straight out of the gate. And doubly so if you have a penchant for strawberry cream type liquid.

First, we're lucky that quite nice liquids are readily and widely available which is ideal for the new vapist.

Second, strawberry and cream/custard really do need time to get acquainted with each other.

Third, you'll have enough going on as it is getting the setup right for you without multiplying the degree of difficulty.

What I'd suggest is starting at square one. As has been suggested, a simple no flavour liquid and make it work with the gear you have so it's not burning, enough vapour to satisfy your senses and that's it. Once you've got that sorted out, add nic (hiliq is fine, you could maybe do better and you could do a heck of a lot worse) and seeing as you're not afraid of a decent slug of nic, 12mg/ml wouldn't be a bad starting point. You may need more, you may need less but at this point work out what's going to be enough to keep you happy without lighting up a rollie to get your fix.

Once you get those basics worked out, start looking at flavoured stuff. You could of course simply get a bottle of flavoured stuff and start with that, but I'd probably suggest a more fruit type liquid (not necessarily strawberry) as they often tend to need less time to settle down.

You've got to crawl before you can walk before you can run. Sometimes it takes a long time to work all this stuff out and speaking only for myself I think I'm at the point, 2 years after I started, where I can say to myself "this is what I like, this is what I want, I no longer need to search out the right set up for me". I've been nudging at it all the time, getting closer and further away, but I haven't needed to smoke a cigarette in 2 years. I may never smoke one again, but I might too and I know if I do, it'll be because I want to not because I need to.

Stu.
    helixx, emu and Fezzik like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shanereis1200 View Post
    ok thx emu. like i said im kind of new to the whole thing.....hey do have any feedback on Hi Liq Nic....??????
    The Hiliq nic is OK... much better than stuff we had years ago. As long as it got to you in good condition and is not some horrible colour or something.

The standout for me here is that you're running extremely low coils. That's not normally where we recommend people start because (1) not everyone is a DL vaper, and you need to find out which you are first (2) it's way too easy to get things wrong at first and at 40, 60... 100 watts and the experience will be a bad one (3) you need to find out if you have a tolerance for PG first, since it can make for an unbearably harsh vape if your tolerance is low. Even guys that vape 100 watts all day would find 50/50 PG very harsh.

I'm with captive - vape just 70/30 VG/PG first to find out that is. This will eliminate nicotine and flavours as a contributing issue. If the vape is too harsh to be enjoyable, there's something wrong. I actually enjoy vaping way more than I did smoking.

If the 70/30 is too harsh just try vaping straight VG and see if that works for you.
    gert, rodbam and emu like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular

HELP...!!!!!! Why Is My Juice Harsh

My advice to all new vapers is to buy a Nautilus and some 1.8ohm coils and some clean fruit flavour with no cream notes. Morris the Vape from Vapoureyes is super clean and you don't need to worry about gunking your coils. If you buy as a doubler, you can make it up at lower Nic levels and leave some room in the bottle after adding your VG/PG to make incremental Nic additions to your desired level.

I was a pack a day smoker and shared your same commitment to vaping. There is some great gear out there, but some shit gear as well.

Going DIY on both builds and juice introduces too many variables to control. Just finding the right wick material and refining how tight it is in the coil is hard enough without a questionable juice.

Sub-ohming off the bat will also produce a tonne of hot vape and may be just a little too much to start with.

If you find the MTL on the Nautilus too tight, my next advice would be (and is still low ohm) Kanger subtank mini.

I have a Kabuki which is my favourite daily vape. Takes both Triton mini and Nautilus coils. Triton mini coils have a tonne more airflow and delivers huge flavour.

Good luck mate!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    gert, 1ynne, gurishka and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Hey congrats on making the change to vaping but you really have dived in head first into a sea of custard!! getting vaping 'right' for each of us comprises so many variables.. mod/ tank/ coil juice/ MTL or DL/ nic type and strength... all need to be tweaked to suit our own taste.. so trying to do it all at once is a huge ask ! my first thought is that making a juice and vaping it right away has never worked for me.. particularly the strawberry/creamy ones.. they need time to steep - often quite a few weeks.. and then they hit the taste.. so

1 - don't throw away what you have made, just pop it aside and shake it every few days and leave it for 2 weeks !
    2 - I agree with what has been said, experiment with unflavoured to find out what nic level feels right for how you are vaping.... unflavoured tastes ok but if you do not like it maybe just add a low percentage single flavour - like strawberry at 1-2%.
    3 - give yourself a break and maybe buy a ready to vape juice locally - or a doubler- till your DIY juices steep and add nic at a variety of strengths.. or even buy ready to vape with nic from VapourEyes or Mixology - should get to you in under a week.
    I can remember another new vaper really liked the strawberry cheesecake from JuiceWhore and the Mixology Vape Industries Mad Hatter -
    4- don't give up !!!!!!! you can do this but for each of us, it really involved a lot of trial and error to finally work out what we prefer.
    gert, fabricator4 and emu like this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    Just take your time bro , like others said start mouth to lung with some high nic juice and focus on staying off the cigarettes. Next move on to finding what style of vaper you are maybe you want to blow huge clouds or maybe you will just stick with mtl in the end. After years ive only just come to realise restricted dtl is what i really love. Diy juice is a whole nother ball game , especially coming up with your own recipes that are halfway good. Keep it simple for a while

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123