Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Hawaiian POG issue

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Polar43 View Post
    Hi mate, have tested it on my smok with baby beast aswell as my goon and serpent rdta, same thing on all of them. Tried different wattage's and still theres a taste there that im really repelled by.

I thought it may be the batch however i grabbed some of my ingredients to make a clone going off a well reviewed recipe and that same flavour is there...I cant describe it other then I find it really over bearing and repulsive. Im just going to have to go through the flavours individually, I assume there is a flavour in it that just does not sit well with me personally. First time ive faced this since starting so its a little off putting when everyone else seems to enjoy it haha
    I'll take a wild stab in the dark and blame the guava. I don't like even real ones that much.

I also halve most clone recipes right off the bat. Most of them are way too over flavoured for me. I prefer to test each flavour individually and find the *minimum* that will do the job. Testing each flavour and working out levels takes some time, but you get a much better understanding of each of them, can tell exactly what is wrong when you do mix them, and you get a far better result at the end of it. I bet the clone recipe has more than 10% flavour in it, maybe approaching 20%.
    emu and Polar43 like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I think the answer is hidden in their description.

"......reserved for those with a serious need for something truly exotic in taste".

Have you considered that your need may have been more whimsical than serious?
    fabricator4, 1ynne and Polar43 like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    I think the answer is hidden in their description.

"......reserved for those with a serious need for something truly exotic in taste".

Have you considered that your need may have been more whimsical than serious?
    Good answer, that. ^^^^^^

For the second time I thought about whether a longer steep would be required, especially if the odd flavour is a bit chemical tasting (indicating too much flavouring) however I also remembered for the second time that it shipped from the US with nicotine already in there, so steeping should have already occurred.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 11-09-17 at 03:36 PM.
    emu likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    It could be the Guava component as Guava is one of those love it or hate it flavours personally i love Guava nectar but friends of mine wrinkle their noses and tell me it tastes Musty !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12