Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: COMPLETE BEGINNER - ADVICE, TIPS, MIXING, Help Me!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhead View Post
    Omg I’m searching like crazy for a mix guide using Nic
    there is a bunch of calculators online

just google "eliquid calculator"

handy tools

i guess maybe ginar meant 8% of the 10% base suggested, not 8% nicotine
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Lionhead likes this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Omg Iím searching like crazy for a mix guide using Nic
    Buy 100mg nic and make 100ml batches, makes it easy to work out that way.

So if you want to make 12mg juice just put 12ml's of nic in the bottle first then top up to the 100ml mark with PG/VG and flavour, easy peasy
    Lionhead likes this.

AVF Regular
    Omg I’m searching like crazy for a mix guide using Nic
    E-liquid Calculator is a good DIY calculator that stores all your recipes as well.

Unless you're looking to add nicotine to RTV liquids? In that case there's a formula we use.

Failing that it's pretty easy to work it out for set volumes. What concentration of nicotine do you have?
    Last edited by fabricator4; 08-01-18 at 04:56 PM.
    Lionhead likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Buy 100mg nic and make 100ml batches, makes it easy to work out that way.

So if you want to make 12mg juice just put 12ml's of nic in the bottle first then top up to the 100ml mark with PG/VG and flavour, easy peasy
    Thanks, that’s a brilliantly easy way to calculate.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    E-liquid Calculator is a good DIY calculator that stores all your recipes as well.

Unless you're looking to add nicotine to RTV liquids? In that case there's a formula we use.

Failing that it's pretty easy to work it out for set volumes. What concentration of nicotine do you have?
    100mg

After (a tonne) of reading this is what I’ve come up with to start vaping, and stop shitty smoking.

I bought a sub-ohm setup istick pico melo 3 and 0.75ohm ECML for mouth to lung, and I got some DL coils to for advancing if I go that way. Ordered a melo 3 4ml tank also for same purpose.
    500ml 50/50 PG/VG mix, 200ml 100mg PG and an extra 125ml PG just in case. I was planning on vaping flavourless, but I think I will get some concentrates and flavour batches up a bit.
    I also orded a bunch of gear to mix and store with.

From the nicotine mg calculator method below I worked out that the 20 skinny chop chop rollies I smoke a day I’m taking in 10mg of nicotine a day, so my math (could be shitty) tells me I need to brew up about a 9mg juice. Please do correct me if I’m wrong.

Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength.

I hate smoking, absolutely and truely, but I’ve never really beaten the hold Nic has over me. I’ve tried the alternatives (patches and what not), but the whole experience there has always failed before it got going.
    After reading all the success stories, and random comments from life long smokers I’m assuring myself that smoke will soon be a thing of the past (please).

Do you think my setup and plan is on the right track? And thanks abunch http://forums.aussievapers.com this forum is amazing!

LHB
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    Do you know if these are PG or VG based?

https://vapoureyes.com.au/products/f...nt=42593777295

If I start flavour @ 10% VG thatíll keep my ratio 50/50 pretty much, but I canít find any info on the site on what it actually is.

LHB
    Last edited by Lionhead; 09-01-18 at 01:39 AM.

AVF Regular
    Thanks, thatís a brilliantly easy way to calculate.

100mg

After (a tonne) of reading this is what Iíve come up with to start vaping, and stop shitty smoking.

I bought a sub-ohm setup istick pico melo 3 and 0.75ohm ECML for mouth to lung, and I got some DL coils to for advancing if I go that way. Ordered a melo 3 4ml tank also for same purpose.
    500ml 50/50 PG/VG mix, 200ml 100mg PG and an extra 125ml PG just in case. I was planning on vaping flavourless, but I think I will get some concentrates and flavour batches up a bit.

From the nicotine mg calculator method below I worked out that the 20 skinny chop chop rollies I smoke a day Iím taking in 10mg of nicotine a day, so my math (could be shitty) tells me I need to brew up about a 9mg juice. Please do correct me if Iím wrong.

I hate smoking, absolutely and truely, but Iíve never really beaten the hold Nic has over me. Iíve tried the alternatives (patches and what not), but the whole experience there has always failed before it got going.
    After reading all the success stories, and random comments from life long smokers Iím assuring myself that smoke will soon be a thing of the past (please).

Do you think my setup and plan is on the right track? And thanks abunch http://forums.aussievapers.com this forum is amazing!

LHB
    Your 50/50 mix will be fine for getting you going, but later on you will need to get some more VG. When we refer to a 70/30 mix, that means 70% VG, and 30% PG. Some do mix higher PG, but most will find it far too runny, causing lots of tank leakage, and very harsh on the throat.

The vapoureyes concentrate you refer to is in 100% PG, but I wouldn't be looking at that just yet. That product is a concentrate, for DIY mixing. I haven't tried Cookie Dough as a single flavour mix, but most concentrates are mixed in recipes with other concentrates. Sort of like cooking up all the bits and pieces to make your meal, rather than just eating the carrot or zucchini on its own.

This is what you are looking for
    https://vapoureyes.com.au/collection...iant=986025292
    Not necessarily A&Ω (although it is rather yummy), but premixed juices, as doublers. A doubler has twice the flavour concentrate, in half the volume, then you add your nicotine, and PG/VG mix to fill it up.
    Last edited by rockmoose; 09-01-18 at 06:32 AM. Reason: autocorrect doesn't understand me.
    Lionhead likes this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Do you know if these are PG or VG based?

https://vapoureyes.com.au/products/f...nt=42593777295
    If they don't specify, we normally assume that concentrates are PG, or at least "not VG". You can buy VG concentrates, but you normally have to go looking for them.
    Lionhead likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Ok so in most cases assume concentrates and doublers are PG, unless specified gotcha.

Why should I go with doublers and not concentrates? As as far as I can tell concentrates would go way further, and I could totally play around with flavours to meet my needs on the cheap. Does it have something to do with steep (whatever this is).

Oh and should I keep ALL products in the fridge? I read at some point that VG and Nic should be fridged.
    emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Thanks, that’s a brilliantly easy way to calculate.

100mg

After (a tonne) of reading this is what I’ve come up with to start vaping, and stop shitty smoking.

From the nicotine mg calculator method below I worked out that the 20 skinny chop chop rollies I smoke a day I’m taking in 10mg of nicotine a day, so my math (could be shitty) tells me I need to brew up about a 9mg juice. Please do correct me if I’m wrong.

I hate smoking, absolutely and truely, but I’ve never really beaten the hold Nic has over me. I’ve tried the alternatives (patches and what not), but the whole experience there has always failed before it got going.
    After reading all the success stories, and random comments from life long smokers I’m assuring myself that smoke will soon be a thing of the past (please).

LHB
    You are doing really well LHB, those ECML coils are perfect for MTL vaping which is how most of us start out. 9mg could be a little low straight off the cigs but try it and see how you go you can always bump it up to 12 if you still aren't satisfied, if you end up vaping direct lung you only need 3-5mg because it's to harsh with any higher than that. Don't forget to prime the coil with juice before you assemble the tank, I use 30 ml glass bottles with a dropper which makes it really easy to prime the coil and fill the tank.
    I have a feeling you are going to do just fine and you'll be off those rotten smokes in no time, make yourself 100ml's of unflavoured while you're at it you might be surprised how good it is and if you like it you won't need to worry about getting vapers tongue down the track.
    Lionhead likes this.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast