Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: COMPLETE BEGINNER - ADVICE, TIPS, MIXING, Help Me!

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhead View Post
    Ok so in most cases assume concentrates and doublers are PG, unless specified gotcha.

Why should I go with doublers and not concentrates? As as far as I can tell concentrates would go way further, and I could totally play around with flavours to meet my needs on the cheap. Does it have something to do with steep (whatever this is).

Oh and should I keep ALL products in the fridge? I read at some point that VG and Nic should be fridged.
    You are correct just use your own PG/VG and add your own flavor is the cheapest way to go, doublers are good if you know you like a particular flavor and don't want to mix your own but why give someone your hard earned money for doing something you can do? Stick with concentrates and have fun finding what flavors you like, once you have all the ingredients in one bottle shake the crap out of it until it turns to all tiny bubbles then let it sit until it goes clear before using it, that's referred to as shake and vape but bear in mind it gets better with steeping.
    Store the PG/VG at room temp but the nic will live in the deep freeze.
    Danny76 and Lionhead like this.

AVF Regular
    Vapours toungue lol thanks Emu, I assume that’s a flavourholic term or bud burnout or something, either way it sounds a tad full on.

Yeah in my notes I’ve got down ‘start at 9mg and up it to 12 if needed’. Kept it low not knowing what the ECML 0.75ohm would drink, being sub-ohm still.

And hey Vyzn sorry for hijacking your thread.

LHB
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    You are correct just use your own PG/VG and add your own flavor is the cheapest way to go, doublers are good if you know you like a particular flavor and don't want to mix your own but why give someone your hard earned money for doing something you can do? Stick with concentrates and have fun finding what flavors you like, once you have all the ingredients in one bottle shake the crap out of it until it turns to all tiny bubbles then let it sit until it goes clear before using it, that's referred to as shake and vape but bear in mind it gets better with steeping.
    Store the PG/VG at room temp but the nic will live in the deep freeze.
    That’s always been my philosophy

Nic in freezer, got it thanks.
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    Don't forget Lion that the nicotine is absorbed into the body in the mouth & nose & not in the lungs so it can take about 20mins to absorb fully whereas with a cigarette the nicotine is into the bloodstream straight away.
    DogMan, Danny76 and Lionhead like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhead View Post
    Thanks, thatís a brilliantly easy way to calculate.

100mg

After (a tonne) of reading this is what Iíve come up with to start vaping, and stop shitty smoking.

I bought a sub-ohm setup istick pico melo 3 and 0.75ohm ECML for mouth to lung, and I got some DL coils to for advancing if I go that way. Ordered a melo 3 4ml tank also for same purpose.
    500ml 50/50 PG/VG mix, 200ml 100mg PG and an extra 125ml PG just in case. I was planning on vaping flavourless, but I think I will get some concentrates and flavour batches up a bit.
    I also orded a bunch of gear to mix and store with.

From the nicotine mg calculator method below I worked out that the 20 skinny chop chop rollies I smoke a day Iím taking in 10mg of nicotine a day, so my math (could be shitty) tells me I need to brew up about a 9mg juice. Please do correct me if Iím wrong.

Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength.

I hate smoking, absolutely and truely, but Iíve never really beaten the hold Nic has over me. Iíve tried the alternatives (patches and what not), but the whole experience there has always failed before it got going.
    After reading all the success stories, and random comments from life long smokers Iím assuring myself that smoke will soon be a thing of the past (please).

Do you think my setup and plan is on the right track? And thanks abunch http://forums.aussievapers.com this forum is amazing!

LHB
    Only thing i would add is staying away from premix vg pg solutions. As you move further into your journey you will probably want to do a little bit of experimenting with different vg/pg%.
    If you get the 50/50 premix it kind of gets you stuck to that %. If your trying some diy they will come in pg which will give you a very runny mix as say u add 10% concentrate you will be at a 40/60% vg to pg ratio that you may find a little hard on the throat and prone to tank leaks.

I would recommend 60/40 vg pg mix to start with and you may work your way up from thier or down as well.
    Thats the funny thing about vaping everyone has thier own experience. Eg set ups, tanks, wattage, coils that work for them.
    What i love joe blogs may not like. Its about finding whats good for you.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    rodbam and Lionhead like this.

AVF Regular
    Yeah thanks Danny, and I couldn’t agree more! I actually wanted to get seperate vg pg, but as I like ordering bulk and they didn’t have any large quantities left I made a frowny face call to get the 50/50 in the big bottle and kinda start there.

I saw a lot of info about MTL vs DL for ratio and decided (still thinking only of unflavoured at the time) that 50/50 or even a little higher pg with the Nic should be ok for now. But I knew this would be a once off purchase and in a couple of days I will find a supplier with bulk amounts and get it then. I’m going to get a bunch of flavours at the same time, and as you guys can probably see I’m a bit of a bargain hunter, and want to stock up on more coils too!

So with that being said, what do you seasoned vapers recommend for a concentrate supplier that has bulk vg pg in stock atm?
    I’d randomly search a bunch of sites myself, but to be honest I’m just trashed from work and don’t have it in me atm.

Gee it would be fantastic if they had my ECML coils as well.

Gleefully grateful, LHB
    Last edited by Lionhead; 09-01-18 at 10:16 PM. Reason: I said vg where I meant pg (slaps head)

emu
    AVF Regular
    Danny76 and Lionhead like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Without even checking I’m just going to put it out there, quality before anything else!

Off I go ...
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    Wow Emu I think my bookmark says it best, I’m so glad I asked.

‘Highest quality bulk VG PG cheap’
    emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Found the coils, don't forget to click on the drop down box and choose the right one's...
    https://vapoureyes.com.au/products/e...nt=34024923343

The coilman has em 50 cents cheaper
    https://www.thecoilman.com/product-p...lacement-coils

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast