Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: COMPLETE BEGINNER - ADVICE, TIPS, MIXING, Help Me!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhead View Post
    What’s the deal here, are they different or something?

https://m.fasttech.com/products/0/10...placement-coil

https://m.fasttech.com/products/0/10...vc-clearomizer

Love the way Emu chimes in with a picture review, and Aspires me further
    They are quite different, and you have to be quite sure that you get the right coils. Aspire now have several products with the name "Nautilus" attached to it. The latest as far as I know is the Nautilus 2 which uses the same coils as the Nautilus mini. The mini uses different coils to the original. Also some tanks like the Vika use the same Nautilus mini coils... It's even hard for us to keep up with, but the Nautilus mini coils have proved to be very good coils that please a lot of MTL vapers.

You'll find a lot of tanks have 2ml capacity. That is partly due to the European regulations (Tobacco Products Directive, TPD) which states the maximum tank size is 2ml. That means that a lot of things are made with 2ml tanks these days. Some have tank extenders available for all the other markets, or offer larger capacity versions. 2ml is fine for a mouth to lung tank though, it will last a fair amount of time. DL tanks use far more juice, in which case a 2ml tank can be a PITA.

As for which coil is best for you... If there is a range of coils available, my advice is to try different ones to see what you like. Everyone is different. Some people find one coil will have problems like leaking for them, others prefer looser or tighter coils, or prefer the flavour they get off a particular coil. Later on you might try a rebuildable tank (RTA) because it gives you more control of some of these things. There's no rush to go down that particular rabbit hole though.
    rodbam and Lionhead like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF emergency contact : avf_contact_point@yahoo.com
    This email will auto-respond with the latest information if the AVF forum is no longer contactable.
    Send a test message now to make sure it's in your address book or sent messages.
    Received emails and addresses will be deleted the same day. Include the word "scream" in the subject if you want me to read your message. The Yahoo responder may only send 1 or 2 response messages per day.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Righty o thanks

For now I’ll just plan to get fully setup with what I have and figure all the ratios flavour % I prefer and see how it goes.
    The right Nic level/taste and smoothness should show me whether to stay fixed for however long, or find a better Combe.

I didn’t actually buy the mod setup planning to quit, I was basically just curios and was hoping to offset some costs. The whole success rate of quitting has really opened my eyes, and I’m all for it but I need to get my head around it first. Luckily I still have some time to do so before I can order some flavours.

LHB
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    For now I’ll just plan to get fully setup with what I have and figure all the ratios flavour % I prefer and see how it goes.
    The right Nic level/taste and smoothness should show me whether to stay fixed for however long, or find a better Combe.

I didn’t actually buy the mod setup planning to quit, I was basically just curios and was hoping to offset some costs. The whole success rate of quitting has really opened my eyes, and I’m all for it but I need to get my head around it first. Luckily I still have some time to do so before I can order some flavours.

LHB
    Yeah, a lot of people start vaping because they are curious, or because it's so much cheaper. Even with no pressure to switch completely many of them do once they realise they enjoy it far more - it's guilt free nicotine. Others continue to dual use for years, and I guess there are some smokers who just don't want to stop.

Do what's right for you. You won't get much judgment here, though actual understanding may not be universal. ;-)
    Lionhead likes this.

This email will auto-respond with the latest information if the AVF forum is no longer contactable.
    Send a test message now to make sure it's in your address book or sent messages.
    Received emails and addresses will be deleted the same day. Include the word "scream" in the subject if you want me to read your message. The Yahoo responder may only send 1 or 2 response messages per day.

Thanks fabricator. Are you a boilermaker too?

Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    Don't forget Lion that the nicotine is absorbed into the body in the mouth & nose & not in the lungs so it can take about 20mins to absorb fully whereas with a cigarette the nicotine is into the bloodstream straight away.
    I must say this comment has thrown me a bit

AVF Regular
    Thanks fabricator. Are you a boilermaker too?
    Yes, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    Don't forget Lion that the nicotine is absorbed into the body in the mouth & nose & not in the lungs so it can take about 20mins to absorb fully whereas with a cigarette the nicotine is into the bloodstream straight away.

I must say this comment has thrown me a bit
    Ah, a bit more of an advanced topic, so I'm not surprised. It's to do with the chemistry of nicotine - nicotine in tobacco smoke is acidified using ammonia chemistry. This increases the absorption of nicotine in the lungs. The nicotine that we use is more alkaline (higher pH) so it's absorption is more efficient in the mouth, throat, and especially the nasal passages.

For new vapers that are having trouble getting their nicotine levels up in the morning, I normally advise them to either increase the nicotine in their morning vape, or do short puffs and nose exhales. It's like the difference between cigarettes, and pipes and cigars. Don't worry about it too much at this point - you'll find your own "best way" fairly quickly.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 13-01-18 at 12:32 PM.
    Lionhead likes this.

AVF Regular
    and just while we are on Coils - we have The Coil Man - https://www.thecoilman.com/shop?gcli...v9kaAs5x8P8HAQ - very good prices - here in Qld, Aus - and apparently very good helpful service - often it is much much easier to buy locally His site also clearly lists which coils work with which tanks - which helps a lot - and just to confirm - https://www.thecoilman.com/product-p...v9kaAs5x8P8HAQ
    fabricator4 and Lionhead like this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

Thanks for the tips and info guys! Appreciate it, especially anything that helps get me over the crave hump.

With this new info I have a new approach

Going to start with a 60/40 12mg lemonade vape using 0.75ohm ECML Coils (I have a 5 pack), and up a mix to 15mg in morning if required.

I have another tank coming, so I’ll be able to manage this. Just going to be waiting on vg and flavour at this point.

Cheers
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    Good on you mate. Just beware that 12mg on a sub ohm, mtl tank maybe a bit rough on the throat. Or it maybe perfect for you.

Also be aware that imo hiliq nic takes a few days to settle down once you have mixed it.
    When i first got my set up and did a shake and vape i was like wtf(killer TH). After 1 day steep much better after 3 days perfect.

The lemonade if you have bought it from Aussie ecigs is great at about 10% if you like it nice and strong and lower% if you dont want it so strong.

All the best with the start of your journey mate. And dont forget the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Lionhead likes this.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast