Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Mere male seeking help (juice related)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilating Pupils View Post
    I am hoping the masses or even Fab the Oracle can shed some light on something. When I vape I find the following issue. I can vape at 6-9ml no worries in any flavour but tobacco. Soon as I try one of my 3 tobacco flavours at either 6 or 9 it is that strong I just cough all the time due to it being so harsh. Is there an ingredient in tobacco flavours that would cause this ?
    Yep, what rockmoose said. Tobacco flavours can change a heck of lot with time. Often some elements of the flavour will get stronger, but they can also get a lot smoother as well.

The only other thing I can think of is if the PG ratio is different. Higher PG liquids are a lot harsher than high VG. If this is the problem then they will not get much smoother with time, though of course it will still help a bit, if the flavours are a contributing factor.
    DocM, rockmoose and emu like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    There are only a few tobacco flavors which are nice to vape and yes they do need a long time steeping...
    DocM and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Yep, what rockmoose said. Tobacco flavours can change a heck of lot with time. Often some elements of the flavour will get stronger, but they can also get a lot smoother as well.

The only other thing I can think of is if the PG ratio is different. Higher PG liquids are a lot harsher than high VG. If this is the problem then they will not get much smoother with time, though of course it will still help a bit, if the flavours are a contributing factor.
    My 2 cents is in my recent experience with mixing. I made a juice with 2 separate tobaccos and a dark bean coffee espresso etc, I couldn't wait until it was 'of age' and sniffed the mix every couple of days to about 3 1/2 weeks then dripped it. It changed dramatically from sniff to sniff with one aroma taking over then another, etc. Then 4 weeks on & even in the tank, it would change again! Like a box of chocolates in that POTUS movie Forrest Trump it is, and it just goes on maturing. It's a freak out man!
    A misguided Ape with delusions of grandeur & a chop on its' head thought it was a Griller

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    My 2 cents is in my recent experience with mixing. I made a juice with 2 separate tobaccos and a dark bean coffee espresso etc, I couldn't wait until it was 'of age' and sniffed the mix every couple of days to about 3 1/2 weeks then dripped it. It changed dramatically from sniff to sniff with one aroma taking over then another, etc. Then 4 weeks on & even in the tank, it would change again! Like a box of chocolates in that POTUS movie Forrest Trump it is, and it just goes on maturing. It's a freak out man!
    It's also a fact that the more complex a flavour is, the more your perception of it can change. This is the case if it changes back and forth; you might get a particular note one day, but then it goes away and you notice a different background note. A few days later you might notice it switch back again. For me that makes an interesting ADV, but some people prefer less complex flavours and change them only when they feel like - for example fruits during the day, and deserts at night. Tobacco with a beer, that sort of thing.

It can vary with what else you eat or vape, your mood and so on. I think even subtle changes in your hydration levels can have dramatic affects. My ADV is a bit like this - it has some small amounts of adjunct flavours that I picked for specific reasons, but sometimes I'll get different ones stronger than others. It's a really fun aspect to DIY in particular, but can be frustrating as well.

ETA: and yes my ADV changes a lot with time too. The tobacco tends to get stronger while the adjunct flavours get less, but it's still very interesting. somewhere at about three weeks is nirvana, but my DIY is not organised well enough that I can mix just a weeks worth for three weeks in advance. Maybe one day though...
    Last edited by fabricator4; 23-10-17 at 01:44 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

emu
    AVF Regular
    That's why I like my juice to steep for 90 days minimum, it stabilisers much better when matured and reduces the variables of changes in taste to mood and hydration etc. Even unflavoured can play tricks on your taste buds especially when it's in its early stages of steeping, tobacco is picked and dried then goes through a curing process before it's considered good enough to smoke. We are trying to replicate that satisfying feeling of smoking with chemicals and nicotine so it's just common sense that it will take time for your juice to mix and bond on a molecular level before it develops into a smooth and consistently balanced and enjoyable medium.

AVF Regular
    I hear you on the '3 week steep' Fab (Can that be the name of our world renowned guitar band?), since making V1.1, 1.2, 1.3. I've made it in 50ml batches to try & improve the end game but at 4 weeks steeping I'll be a pensioner for 15 years until I get it close. Would I be correct in the assumption that ambient temperature has a role?
    Last edited by DocM; 23-10-17 at 05:13 PM.
    A misguided Ape with delusions of grandeur & a chop on its' head thought it was a Griller

AVF Regular
    What was that Doc? You need more cowbell?

I think your merry band of string plinkers will need substantially longer than 3 weeks for ultimate palatability to be attained. But death metal banjo is an acquired taste.

tapatalk for photo upload 👍
    tapatalk for general usage 👎
    DocM and emu like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    What was that Doc? You need more cowbell?
    I think your merry band of string plinkers will need substantially longer than 3 weeks for ultimate palatability to be attained. But death metal banjo is an acquired taste.
    Power chord on a Ukulele perhaps. You will be well aware of banjo players moose, climbin' them thar hills. My Sharona on a piano accordion Zydeco style.
    emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    Power chord on a Ukulele perhaps. You will be well aware of banjo players moose, climbin' them thar hills. My Sharona on a piano accordion Zydeco style.
    You do have that Deliverance smile on ya avy PMSL
    DocM and rockmoose like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    You do have that Deliverance smile on ya avy PMSL
    You got a purdy mouth Emu.
    emu likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast