Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Nicotine Causing Throat Irritation(?)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ProbablyRaging View Post
    Thanks for all the info guys, greatly appreciated.

I think, if people agree that this is a good idea, I will buy a INNOKIN ENDURA T20 which comes with a 1.5ohm coil. I know that I'll likely end up using this mod for when I'm out and about anyways, instead of lugging the Smok Alien around with me. Also going to buy a Nautilus 2 tank to try on my Alien as it comes with a 1.8 and 0.7ohm coil.

So in the end I'd have tested coils from as low as 0.15 all the way up to 1.8. If I cant find a happy medium with that then I don't know what else to do. What does everyone think?

Also have a question regarding the higher ohm coils, will I be better off mixing up some higher nicotine liquids for them? Is 12mg or 18mg a good place to start?
    Yeah, I think the improved T20 should work. I know it's getting better reviews than the T18 did, and yes leave the big rig at home and take something more portable. The Nauty 2 or the Vika on the Alien would be great if it turns out you like the T20.

Regarding flavour when out - to be honest all I really need when I'm out of the house is a nicotine hit. I don't care about flavour so much when I'm out and busy... you might be different.

12mg/ml might be ideal for these MTL tanks, but work up to it to find your sweet spot.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    Are you a flavor chaser or just after the nic hit. If you get the t20 you will be sorely disappointed in the flavor IMO. Bud 20$ ill send u a brand new vika clone(yes its a clone but its a cracker) and a brand new packet of 1.8 nautilis coils. Up to you mate but the offer is thier.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Yeah, I think the improved T20 should work. I know it's getting better reviews than the T18 did, and yes leave the big rig at home and take something more portable. The Nauty 2 or the Vika on the Alien would be great if it turns out you like the T20.

Regarding flavour when out - to be honest all I really need when I'm out of the house is a nicotine hit. I don't care about flavour so much when I'm out and busy... you might be different.

12mg/ml might be ideal for these MTL tanks, but work up to it to find your sweet spot.
    Thanks again for the offer Danny, I already went ahead and purchased the Endura T20, I got the mod though not just the tank on it's own, and with it I grabbed a Nautilus 2 tank.

Like fabricator, while I enjoy getting good flavour it is definitely not my first priority but it is definitely a bonus.

On a good note, it's been almost 36 hours since I've had a cigarette, I've slowly been chugging away on my 6mg grape mix. I woke up this morning and was almost tempted to put the vape on hold until my new gear came in but instead I sat out the back with a couple coffee and had a few puffs on the vape. While I can still feel that feeling in the back of my throat it was no where near as unpleasant as it had been the last few days and it was actually a welcomed feeling. I feel like if I gave it a few more days the feeling would just be common place and wouldn't actually bother me at all.

My morning coffee and cigarette is like a wake up ritual to me, and the feelings of the nicotine 'hitting' the back of my throat made me think I would definitely rather feel this feeling rather then a cigarette.

I've tried 3 times in the past to quit, once with patches, once with tablets and once cold turkey. Each time I had this nagging feeling in the back of my head to just have a cigarette, I'd try to reason with myself on why ONE smoke right now wouldn't hurt and surely enough I'd give in more than not. But with the vape I haven't actually felt like a smoke at all. I walk past my last half full packet of smokes which are sitting on my kitchen counter multiple times a day and have not once yet even wanted to reach for them.

Feel so good!

AVF Regular
    Well you're doing quite good! ;-)

It's just a matter of fine tuning things to find your ideal vape.
    ProbablyRaging likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    So while I was waiting for my new gear and liquids to arrive I guess I got used to the nicotine in the eliquids because I've been vaping it on the TFV8 0.15ohm and RTA base without any issues and I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks again everyone for all the help!

Also, for anyone who is interested I'm 7 days cigarette free and loving it!
    fabricator4 and rockmoose like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234