Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Weird observation/advice needed...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    chocolates are simple, just melt and add nicotine

RATM makes lozenges, i think a google hard lolly recipe with some nic substituting a liquid component would work

or christianR microwaved some... butter menthol, i think... added nic while soft and set
    I worry about getting the dosage wrong...

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    DogMan likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Citric acid added to your usual nic. I could find a link for you if I knew what I was doing. All the info is here in AVF.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    GT is the man is you want PH neutral

bt adding "a bit" will generate smoother in general, so will apple cider vinegar
    staceman101 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    I used this recipe but toned it down to 24mg, thankfully.

DogMan and staceman101 like this.

AVF Regular
    Yep, nic lozenges are the bomb. The nicotine release on a tiny lozenge is fast enough to do the job.

Someone did suggest small lollies that were suitable for DIY lozenges, but I can't remember which ones they were. You want something like a tiny porous mint that will absorb the nicotine.

There's another unfortunate fact that there is more that is addictive in cigarettes than just nicotine. A few months into vaping, I started getting cravings even while vaping myself into overdose. The thing that helped me was the correct nicotine (high) but it's very easy to overdose because your levels don't get to "normal" immediately, so in the few minutes that it takes you load up with more nicotine than you actually need. You have to pace yourself a bit. A mtl setup with really high nicotine, and nose exhales gives the buzz that I need... if only I had known then what I know now - two toots and I'm good.

It was really difficult being in this situation and not being able to vape at work. If lozenges don't work, look into Snus. There are also WTA liquids that might help, but that requires being able to vape them as well.

I didn't use snus or WTA's and after a couple of months things really settled down. I was told this would get better, but it gave me little comfort at the time - it really does though. It's the one final little twist in the tail that cigarettes can have for you, but by that time cigarette smoke was revolting and there was no way I was going back.

We're all different so people experience this in different ways. Some have no trouble, some have a lot. It does explain why I could never give up smoking before vaping came along though - the mental and physical anguish was too confusing for me to analyse or deal with. Pick the advice that seems to suit you best, and give it your best shot.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 03-11-17 at 10:41 AM.
    DogMan, Sublime and staceman101 like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    I used this recipe but toned it down to 24mg, thankfully.

just realised the issue was tittinus and light headedness, not harshness
    fabricator4 and staceman101 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Yep, nic lozenges are the bomb. The nicotine release on a tiny lozenge is fast enough to do the job.

Someone did suggest small lollies that were suitable for DIY lozenges, but I can't remember which ones they were. You want something like a tiny porous mint that will absorb the nicotine.

There's another unfortunate fact that there is more that is addictive in cigarettes than just nicotine. A few months into vaping, I started getting cravings even while vaping myself into overdose. The thing that helped me was the correct nicotine (high) but it's very easy to overdose because your levels don't get to "normal" immediately, so in the few minutes that it takes you load up with more nicotine than you actually need. You have to pace yourself a bit. A mtl setup with really high nicotine, and nose exhales gives the buzz that I need... if only I had known then what I know now - two toots and I'm good.

It was really difficult being in this situation and not being able to vape at work. If lozenges don't work, look into Snus. There are also WTA liquids that might help, but that requires being able to vape them as well.

I didn't use snus or WTA's and after a couple of months things really settled down. I was told this would get better, but it gave me little comfort at the time - it really does though. It's the one final little twist in the tail that cigarettes can have for you, but by that time cigarette smoke was revolting and there was no way I was going back.

We're all different so people experience this in different ways. Some have no trouble, some have a lot. It does explain why I could never give up smoking before vaping came along though - the mental and physical anguish was too confusing for me to analyse or deal with. Pick the advice that seems to suit you best, and give it your best shot.
    My usage at 4mg/ml hit almost 10ml per day up until recently. It's now back down around 2 - 3ml per day thanks to the new job.
    Guessing I'll get used to the reduction over time... it's just bugging me that I can't seem to find the right levels now.
    Lozenges may indeed be the fix... and I'm pretty sure I have some nicorette lozenges still laying around somewhere from last year when I started trying to quit. Hadn't really considered them... but they'll probably help.

fabricator4 and DogMan like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    I worry about getting the dosage wrong...
    It's a bit hard to go too far wrong, as long as you stick to some basic rules.

The strong NRT lozenges are 4mg of nicotine. (these are the ones that work for me)

There's about 1/45 of a ml per drop of liquid (you can test this to get an accurate figure, but that's a good ball park). If you have 100mg/ml nicotine, 1/45 of that is "about" 2mg of nicotine. So one drop is not going to hurt you. You might need two drops, but try one first.
    MrGruffy, DogMan and staceman101 like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    It's a bit hard to go too far wrong, as long as you stick to some basic rules.

The strong NRT lozenges are 4mg of nicotine. (these are the ones that work for me)

There's about 1/45 of a ml per drop of liquid (you can test this to get an accurate figure, but that's a good ball park). If you have 100mg/ml nicotine, 1/45 of that is "about" 2mg of nicotine. So one drop is not going to hurt you. You might need two drops, but try one first.
    That actually makes sense. My unicorn bottles tend to be around 40 drops/ml. I might put a ml of 100mg/ml into one and drip onto some breath mints (the porous XX ones...) - I'm sure I can cut a few of those into pieces and give this a whirl.

Cheers all. As always, I feel this community has my back when I need it

fabricator4, DogMan and Sublime like this.

AVF Regular
    I've heard someone who broke the glass on their tank rubbed a bit of juice on the arm through the day and it worked ... a bit like a nicotine patch I guess .

p.s If you get a irritation I'd stop.
    staceman101 likes this.

AVF Regular
    I melted Butter menthols and also Kopiko coffee lollies in a normal oven and added some nic and WTA and stirred in. I then reformed them and let harden.

You have to be fast as the lollies harden really quickly. I did one at a time for this reason but it was an experiment that worked well.

For potency I weighed the lollies and used e-juice me up for the calculations.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast