• 1 Post By emu
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By ProbablyRaging
  • 1 Post By emu
  • 1 Post By fabricator4

Thread: Perfumey/Soapy Tasting eLiquid

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Perfumey/Soapy Tasting eLiquid

Picked up a bunch of doublers and singlers today, but after mixing the doublers and taste testing them and the singlers I have noticed that all of them have a very potent perfume/soap taste to them and makes them really unpleasant to vape. Apparently this is because they were either very recently mixed or have a higher alcohol base(?)

I have read elsewhere that steeping them for a day to month with the cap off and burping the bottle can help so I am doing that now.

But I would really like to find some eliquids that I can purchase and vape right off the bat. I'd prefer to find some doublers as I'll be mixing with 48mg nicotine and PG/VG, but also want to get my hands on some singlers as I like to have a tank full of non-nicotine just to vape on.

So does anyone have any recommendation on where or who sells the best ready to vape, non-perfumey eliquid?

TIA

emu
    AVF Regular
    I let my juice sit for 6 weeks minimum, makes it smooth and really nice to the last drop
    ProbablyRaging likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ProbablyRaging View Post
    Picked up a bunch of doublers and singlers today, but after mixing the doublers and taste testing them and the singlers I have noticed that all of them have a very potent perfume/soap taste to them and makes them really unpleasant to vape. Apparently this is because they were either very recently mixed or have a higher alcohol base(?)

I have read elsewhere that steeping them for a day to month with the cap off and burping the bottle can help so I am doing that now.

But I would really like to find some eliquids that I can purchase and vape right off the bat. I'd prefer to find some doublers as I'll be mixing with 48mg nicotine and PG/VG, but also want to get my hands on some singlers as I like to have a tank full of non-nicotine just to vape on.

So does anyone have any recommendation on where or who sells the best ready to vape, non-perfumey eliquid?

TIA
    If you want to use them as a shake'n'vape, try diluting some to double or even more. A lot of flavours are way over done.

Alcohol would taste like... well alcohol, not soap.

Aging (steeping) will work. Be careful how much air you add in. It will speed up the oxidation of the nicotine and possibly the flavourings, but too much may not necessarily help the nicotine combine with the flavours any faster.

Long steep times can really help tobacco flavours, but may fade some fruit flavours. Sometimes fading is good if there is too much (or just use less in the first place).
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    I let my juice sit for 6 weeks minimum, makes it smooth and really nice to the last drop
    So you buy your liquids 6 weeks in advance? Is this common for people to do or just something you prefer? I just figured there must be vendors who sell liquids in doublers that don't need to be steeped and all that jazz? If so, would you recommend any?

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    If you want to use them as a shake'n'vape, try diluting some to double or even more. A lot of flavours are way over done.

Alcohol would taste like... well alcohol, not soap.

Aging (steeping) will work. Be careful how much air you add in. It will speed up the oxidation of the nicotine and possibly the flavourings, but too much may not necessarily help the nicotine combine with the flavours any faster.

Long steep times can really help tobacco flavours, but may fade some fruit flavours. Sometimes fading is good if there is too much (or just use less in the first place).
    Thanks, great info as always. When you say "diluting to double" do you mean add double the recommended amounts of Nic PG and VG? So if a calculator says to add 7.50ml of VG should I add 15ml? Just want to clarify before I try it.
    Last edited by ProbablyRaging; 09-11-17 at 10:33 PM.
    emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    So you buy your liquids 6 weeks in advance? Is this common for people to do or just something you prefer?
    Yes I buy a couple of liters of PG/VG and make my own juice, minimum of 2 lts each time so I've always got 4 liters made up which gives me a long rotation time. I mainly use unflavoured although I do have 3 tobacco flavours on hand, all the juice I vape is a minimum of 8 weeks matured and it's very smooth. 50/50 @ 5mg works for me and the few flavours I use are very low percentage like 30 drops to 100ml.

Good luck with your journey mate..!

AVF Regular
    So you buy your liquids 6 weeks in advance? Is this common for people to do or just something you prefer? I just figured there must be vendors who sell liquids in doublers that don't need to be steeped and all that jazz? If so, would you recommend any?
    I mix a few months worth, and normally a few weeks before I need to start using it. My ADV works as a shake'n'vape but it improves gradually.

Thanks, great info as always. When you say "diluting to double" do you mean add double the recommended amounts of Nic PG and VG? So if a calculator says to add 7.50ml of VG should I add 15ml? Just want to clarify before I try it.
    Yes, extra dilution from what is recommended. Most clone recipes I've seen use twice the flavourings I would feel comfortable using, and that is mostly borne out by commercial liquids I have tried. A lot of vapers want a big explosion of flavour, and I thought that's what I would like too. When I discovered how bad these flavourings can be (even the good ones) at high percentages I went the other way. Give me subtle and interesting any time. I'm over brash and chemical tasting (was over it four years ago).
    emu likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.