Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Not getting throat hit with nicotine and high PG

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jpur0766 View Post
    It's just after 2 puffs, 30 seconds or so apart. Set at 4.3v.

Only been vaping for 1.5 weeks, and realised after that I really needed to add to nicotine if this was going to work. Got the nic solution a couple days ago. Been strict and haven't had a cig in that 1.5 weeks but using nicorette gums to hold off.
    The spins might be caused by the nic double up.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    I know if I chew that gum, I get seriously nauseous. But that's me, everyone is different. When I nic OD, I want to puke.

Thankfully there's a very quick solve to nic OD (for me at least) and that's some sugar.

So, if you're getting a headspin, take in some sugar however you would normally get it. If it's the nicotine giving you that trouble, it should go away fairly quickly once the sugar is into your system. Takes a couple minutes in my case.

Yeah, there's a bit of trial and error but if you've not had a cigarette in 1.5 weeks while giving vaping a good shot, I'd say you're most of the way there already and well done!

Stu.

AVF Regular
    Chewing a bit of fresh ginger is reportedly great for nic OD too

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    That's really odd that you don't get TH with 9mg Nic.

When I first started vaping I mistakenly mixed in Nic to around 10mg (which is more than double what I vape at today) I got the most intense TH of my life and I almost passed out from the spins.

I'm beginning to think the juice is incorrectly labeled, or that it was mixed erroneously. Maybe try mixing a small amount with your usual Nic % but add in a fair amount of additional PG.

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Ok so I increased the nic levels to 16mg. Had one puff and feel really sick - nauseous and like I want to throw up. Feel like I never want to touch that thing again either haha. No TH at all either.

I know the 'most of the way there' feeling too trust me lol but I've done thing plenty of times and relapsed plenty of times too. Especially when I get stressed. Another thing is I am going to Germany to see family over the Christmas period. And with 5 euro packs, practically everyone around you smoking, social setting and drinks, there's no way I can hold back unless I have a similar 'feeling' alternative. It happens every time I go to Europe. All I need is that slightly tickly feeling in the back of the throat to trick my body into thinking I'm having a cigarette!

Super Moderator
    I'm a bit stumped ... so what juices did you get? And what strength, single, double or tripler?
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

AVF Regular
    2 packs a week of golds is a very light smoker.

I'm unsure too. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

Yep, did so much research and stumped too. Thought I was missing something obvious.

On the bottles 'doubler' is ticked. Double apple shisha and royal blend - 0mg and 20% VG. Also got the 10 fruit sample pack (80% VG) from HILIQ which I haven't opened yet.

Very light I know, but still just can't seem to kick it over a 5-6 year period now. Haha yes Neothite the very first time I tried a vape product was in Miami a few years ago in one of those fancy vape shops and the bloke gave a test of a nic juice and the TH was so intense I was coughing for about a minute!

Only thing left, I guess, is to order some 100% PG and start mixing that in with some of my flavours and experiment. Any other ideas, please let me know!

Super Moderator
    If it is a doubler (and it seems it is) then you are getting a very concentrated flavour unless you have diluted it with PG. If you haven't diluted it, that may well be contributing to the nausea.

"Haha yes Neothite the very first time I tried a vape product was in Miami a few years ago in one of those fancy vape shops and the bloke gave a test of a nic juice and the TH was so intense I was coughing for about a minute!

But that wasn't with a 1.8 ohm small clearo either
    Last edited by gtadmin; 10-11-17 at 09:17 PM.
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

AVF Regular
    First question, how much nic gum are you chewing per day?

I normally vape 3mg and occasionally 18mg when I need that thump. find after 3-6 pulls on the 18mg and the th goes away which I think is your throat becoming acclimated to it. Also when first starting I was chain vaping 24mg and popping nic mints like there was no tomorrow trying to get that th with no results. And OD more times then you could counts hairs on a dog (my logic was vape until the thought of lighting up makes you want to puke)
    Only when I eased up and took a 6 hour break to let all the nic ware off did i get the throat hit back. For me it's a sign, if throat hit goes away give the nic a break for a bit.

My thoughts are if you feel sick only after two puffs are you chewing gum before vaping? Could be you already have enough nic in your system but still crave the th, go to vape and begin to OD? Try giving both a break for an hour or two and see how you go

Also welcome to the forum!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast