Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Not getting throat hit with nicotine and high PG

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Not getting throat hit with nicotine and high PG

Hi everyone. First time vaper here and need some advice.

When vaping with my newly acquired VK Aspire starter kit where Iíve mixed nicotine into my juice Iím not getting any throat hit and at the same time getting slightly nauseous after vapes. Iím wondering why this is as I know that if there nicotine in there with higher PG%, youíre going to get some TH (which I need!..some at least!).

For background info, Iím using the starter juice you get with the VK Aspire kit, which says 20% VG on there, so Iím assuming itís 80% PG. I mixed 6mg/ml initially into my juice and didnít get any TH, so thought it wasnít strong enough, and mixed 3 more in to make it 9mg. After that still no TH and getting nauseas after a couple vapes. So the Nic has to be in there right?! I was a light smoker beforehand, maybe only 2 packs/week (Marlborough Golds), so I definitely donít have any sort of resistance to the nicotine. Just want that small TH to help me get off the cigs. Iím also varying the power which no success. I am wondering what is going on.

The nicotine a bought is 46mg/ml from HILIQ. I shook it very well before mixing. Mixed 1ml into 8ml of juice. Nicotine is 80% VG 20% PG, but Iím assuming when you mix it into the juice which is 80%PG, it rounds it all to about 70%PG 30%VG. Iím focussing a lot of this aspect but maybe there is something I am missing here? Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

AVF Regular
    GTadmin has some non nic TH enhancers, hopefully he will find this thread and chime in

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

Super Moderator
    Before venturing into non-nic TH enhancers, which Aspire starter kit did you buy (there are 5 of them)? If it is the K2, you probably need 12-18mg/ml to give you TH.

And welcome to AVF
    Last edited by gtadmin; 10-11-17 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Oops :|
    DogMan likes this.
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

I got the VK Deluxe Starter Kit. The one for $99.95 from VapeKing.

Super Moderator
    From the look at it, that uses 1.8ohm coils and if that is the case then I would recommend at least 12mg/ml juice and probably 18 ish (although 16mg/ml would be 33% of your 48mg/ml base). Give that a go if your coils are 1.8

This is the kit: http://www.vapeking.com.au/vk-deluxe-starter-kit/
    And the clearos: http://www.vapeking.com.au/aspire-et...er-pyrex-tank/
    Last edited by gtadmin; 10-11-17 at 07:45 PM. Reason: added links

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin

Please read these rules

Awesome thank you =) I'll give that a go. I'm just wondering, if I'm getting head spins from the 9mg, I'm worried that the 16mg would knock me out cold! The coils are indeed 1.8. Will update soon.

P.s. loving the forum, great community!

AVF Regular
    Id more inclined to ask How long has he been vaping for. If hes a fresh outta the gates rookie then lack of TH could be due to the gullet starting to repair itself.
    Crisscross and Sublime like this.

Super Moderator
    Well, it won't knock you out cold but if you're getting head spins from 9mg/ml, are you continuously puffing on it?

Please read these rules

It's just after 2 puffs, 30 seconds or so apart. Set at 4.3v.

Only been vaping for 1.5 weeks, and realised after that I really needed to add to nicotine if this was going to work. Got the nic solution a couple days ago. Been strict and haven't had a cig in that 1.5 weeks but using nicorette gums to hold off.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    Id more inclined to ask How long has he been vaping for. If hes a fresh outta the gates rookie then lack of TH could be due to the gullet starting to repair itself.
    I am with you on that. Vaping is not smoking and i don't know if folks actually undertand what that means. If you ever inhaled any menthol steam when you had a cold. Vaping is sort of more like that flavoured steam. Menthol can give you a quick ice TH that might get you through until you throat repairs itself.
    DogMan and Sublime like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast