Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: DIY & Clone Recommendations

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Alright so I tried a few recommendation from here and here is what I came up with.

Flavourless definitely isn't my thing, it's not terrible but it isn't really what I'm after.

I tried the whole find a base and change it and god damn I'm impressed. I used my favourite recipe which was Mother Unicorn Milk (not really a base but it's what I liked) I made two different batches, both with a different 'top flavour' I guess you could call it. Instead of adding TFA Strawberry (RIPE) which seemed to be the strongest flavour in the original recipe, I added Tiramisu instead and for the other batch I added Dragon Fruit.

The Tiramisu is bloody beautiful, better then the original IMO, but then again I love coffee flavoured anything. The Dragon Fruit isn't the best, I don't think fruit mixed well with it at all, but I'd also like to try some Peanut Butter and some other kind of savory flavours.

I was honestly impressed that changing a single flavour could have such a good outcome. The eliquid keeps it 'thick and creamy' feeling but just tastes different. Pretty much exactly what I was after.

Also tried a completely new recipe which I can see becoming an ADV with a few tweaks to my liking.

All in all, I no longer feel locked to just 1 liquid for an ADV. I now have 2 that I REALLY enjoy and a couple that I can use to fill out the rest of my day.

Awesome information again guys, I'd probably have given up by now if it wasn't for this forum and it's community, thanks so much!
    fabricator4, DocM, Cams and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ProbablyRaging View Post
    Alright so I tried a few recommendation from here and here is what I came up with.

Flavourless definitely isn't my thing, it's not terrible but it isn't really what I'm after.

I tried the whole find a base and change it and god damn I'm impressed. I used my favourite recipe which was Mother Unicorn Milk (not really a base but it's what I liked) I made two different batches, both with a different 'top flavour' I guess you could call it. Instead of adding TFA Strawberry (RIPE) which seemed to be the strongest flavour in the original recipe, I added Tiramisu instead and for the other batch I added Dragon Fruit.

The Tiramisu is bloody beautiful, better then the original IMO, but then again I love coffee flavoured anything. The Dragon Fruit isn't the best, I don't think fruit mixed well with it at all, but I'd also like to try some Peanut Butter and some other kind of savory flavours.

I was honestly impressed that changing a single flavour could have such a good outcome. The eliquid keeps it 'thick and creamy' feeling but just tastes different. Pretty much exactly what I was after.

Also tried a completely new recipe which I can see becoming an ADV with a few tweaks to my liking.

All in all, I no longer feel locked to just 1 liquid for an ADV. I now have 2 that I REALLY enjoy and a couple that I can use to fill out the rest of my day.

Awesome information again guys, I'd probably have given up by now if it wasn't for this forum and it's community, thanks so much!

Good to see you have some options.
    Hoofprint and DocM like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Good stuff PR. FWIW, I have never followed a recipe from anywhere. Choose what I like and mix from there. Sometimes it's a disaster and sometimes it's brilliant.
    ProbablyRaging likes this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    I like to look at recipes to give me a rough guide on ratios. Ignore the percentages used, they are always waaaay too high. Each time I make a new batch, my percentages are dropping, as my sense of taste (which some say I never had, nor will ever acquire) returns. Most of my mixes are now in the 1.5-3% flavouring range. That is a far cry from the 15-25% often seen in recipes.

I still make major blunders, like when my banana concentrate ran out, so I just replaced it, at the same percentage with my newly arrived FA banana. Started out OK, but a month down the track, that banana was all conquering, bombastic and overbearing.

As a little side trip from my ADV unflavoured, it's a fun hobby, if nothing else.
    Crisscross and ProbablyRaging like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12