Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: DIY & Clone Recommendations

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

DIY & Clone Recommendations

I've been struggling to find any 'great' DIY recipes that I actually enjoy vaping as part of a daily routine. I already spent a decent amount testing out different recipes and clones that have decent reviews but for some reason they just aren't doing it for me.

So I was sort of hoping that someone could recommend me some DIY recipes based off what I already know I like.

The first DIY recipe that I made myself was Mother's Unicorn Milk and I enjoyed it thoroughly, it's literally the best eliquid I have every tasted, tastes like a top shelf premium eliquid that I'd happily spend an entire paycheck on, basically my ADV as I can't find anything near as good as it. It's thick, creamy, smooth and super tasty. I love it.

Other recipes I have tried that I can enjoy on the odd occasion, but not as an ADV are, Flawless: Aftermath Clone and Ella's Shortbread Biscuit. Again, both are creamy and tasty. I have tried a few single flavour mixes which I enjoy, such as Tiramisu TFA as it has more depth in flavour then some of the recipes I've tried straight off the bat.

Recipes I have tried that I did not enjoy are The Kennedy Clone (tasted like paint thinner), Sucker Punch Clone (a little boring, no depth in flavour), Strawberry Fog (looks like it should be creamy but very flat).

So, I guess in short, I'm looking for recipes that have depth to them. Where you can actually taste the multiple layers of flavour, not just one flat flavour. I'm definitely more into a creamy/milky beverage or desert but I have found a couple single flavour fruits that I enjoy, Grape Soda being one of them.

Other then the few that I like I am really stumped at finding anything that hits the spot as an ADV or close to. I'd just really like to fine atleast 3-5 recipes that I know I will enjoy regardless of the time of day, much like I can with Mother Unicorn Milk. I'd just like to be able to switch between flavours a few times a day and not have the force myself to enjoy it.

Hopefully based off that info someone can point me in the direction of a few good recipes I can try.

TIA!

EDIT: Just to clarify, these are only a handful of the recipes I have tried recently. I have tried about 15 or more recipes so far and have only found 3 that I can actually stand vaping for more then a few minutes.
    Last edited by ProbablyRaging; 28-11-17 at 12:15 AM.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Unflavoured is pretty damn good, failing that deity vapes does a wicked spiced strawberry or a really nice twisted lemonade and a few more hand crafted juices by a industrial chemist called Rupert. I'm sure he shared the recipe's over at the cafe.

AVF Regular
    The thing I had to learn is that less is more. Over flavoured liquids are unpalatable to me. The first few puffs are OK, but then it just gets icky. "Only just enough" flavour is the way to go for an ADV because it doesn't cause flavour fatigue after 5 minutes. Lightly flavoured does not mean that it can't be complex, and it's interesting because your perception of the flavour changes during the day and with your mood - sometime you get some notes more than others, but then it will switch around on you.

The other thing that is essential for an ADV is that the flavour should be stable over months, or even improve. The ADV is the one you need to mix in large batches. I mix 250ml of it at a time, then just mix smaller quantities of other things as I fancy.

Strawberry is problematic for an ADV, in as much as it tends to fade with time, so in a couple of months when you are approaching the end of the bottle it's almost gone. Having said that, I wish I could like strawberry more, but for me it never lives up to expectations. (been buying strawberry concentrates for years, and haven't used more than a few drops out of any of them).

Custards, Milks, and Creams on the other hand tend to do well with a long steep. If you're making a strawberry custard for example, the obvious issue is that with time the custard will get better, but the strawberry will fade. The solution is to use more strawberry, which then gets back to the problem of being over flavoured to start with.

Often your ADV is something that you didn't expect, and that makes it harder to find. I never expected to finish back on a tobacco flavours, and when I started I never expected menthol to be useful. I was wrong on both counts. On the UK switch videos there's one lady who confesses that her ADV is rhubarb, but that she hates eating rhubarb. You just never know, so don't be afraid to search outside of the creamy profiles if you are looking for your ADV.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Strawberry ejuice can be a wet cotton socky thing or sweet sharp and realistic thing - and then it changes ! have to say that Inawera Strawberry starts off like perfumed room freshener - but after time- mellows to taste realistic.. but I still have wandered away from The Strawberries - Pear seems to me, to always please, mixes well with others, and refreshes ! It works well with other fruits and with creams and custards - and just a splash in unflavoured is lovely too !

One that I have become very fond of - which surprised me - is Chai latte - adapted from the Brew of the Honey Hedonist which included a honey tobacco - basically I do a mix of Chai Tea, Bav Cream, Honey and a touch of vanilla - the tea cuts the sweetness - I actually like it more than my coffee these days

So I guess I am saying - experiment ! hop outside of the box and try different flavours - simple three flavour mixes are often lovely - Pear, Mandarin and Mango - is one of my fav's - perhaps have a look at this link to gain inspiration or lose a few days A Beginner's Guide To Making The Most Highly-Rated Recipes - Beginners - E-Liquid Recipes Forum

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    As a newbie, sort of, at mixing, Fab is bang on the money, again. Yawn..... consistency in being knowledgeable. 1ynne's rather a dab hand too. I found in my quest, that too much of a flavour % can override what you are trying to target. Then you have to backtrack and nail the area of what you want. Taste is subjective. If I had the inclination, I would try single flavours at different pg/vg/nic & see what would compliment another single flavour and bring out the various nuances and characteristics of each. Then, that will change with a steep too! And you'd have to be taking notes and labelling and buying a squillionty bottles or forever rinsing out the old 10ml lot.
    Then, like the last night of camping (throw the cans of what food you have left in the pot and eat and it's usually brilliant) chuck the rule book out. I don't recommend the last with juices but, the tucker job, YEP!
    I asked my Mum one day "Where do babies come from?" She said "A dog bite son." I found out later, I had a Cynophobic childhood. She thought I'd said Rabies.

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    I got some Steamery Strawberry as a freebie concentrate and it smells just divine PR. BTW, location in profile PR?
    I asked my Mum one day "Where do babies come from?" She said "A dog bite son." I found out later, I had a Cynophobic childhood. She thought I'd said Rabies.

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Don't over complicate things. there is no need to follow a recipe. think of the flavours you like, maybe add some complimentary flavours to those.

My ADV is lemon cheesecake.

2% lemon
    6% cheesecake
    2% cream
    1% butter (believe it or not)
    1% cracker/crust

I also do a variation of that with custard

FYI I use flavours from Hiliq. Free shipping really helps keep my stock up.

I have other recipes that have just 2 or 3 flavours.

Keep it simple and enjoy the flavours for what they are.
    ProbablyRaging likes this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    My trick for finding a set of all day vapes is to stay with one base flavour and build around that.

In my case its mint/menthol. The four eliquids I vape are Menthol eucalyptus, Capella coolmint, a DIY subzero and a DIY triple mint. All have the same base flavour with a different flavour edge. I ice them all with koolada. By keeping them in the same family they don’t wipe each other out when vaped in any order.

The other thing is to have multiple setups of the same flavour. The setups will all taste just different enough to feel like its a new flavour. Newer wick/coil, higher heat, different wire etc.
    DocM and ProbablyRaging like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Nice point XX. Find a base you like and add things to that. My base would be cheesecake. From that I have added lemon, blueberry, raspberry, mango and passion fruit.
    Crisscross likes this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    Nice point XX. Find a base you like and add things to that. My base would be cheesecake. From that I have added lemon, blueberry, raspberry, mango and passion fruit.
    Its nice to try everything from lots of different flavour groups but they can cancel each other out and then you are stuck again.
    DocM likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast