• 2 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By BrianS
  • 1 Post By ProbablyRaging
  • 1 Post By Mistic Lady
  • 1 Post By chris_vaper

Thread: Turn 6mg Into 3mg

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Turn 6mg Into 3mg

So my brother gave up the good fight today and went back to cigarettes. I've been mixing he's eLiquid up and just yesterday made him a fresh 120ml batch of eLiquid.

So as to not waste it I was wondering how I'd go about lowering the nicotine from 6mg to 3mg? As I vape 3mg not 6.

Would I be better off mixing a 120ml bottle of the same flavour, with 0mg nicotine, and then adding the 6mg to the 0mg, affectively creating a 240ml bottle of 3mg, right? Is that how it works or do I have my facts wrong?

AVF Regular
    Spot on. That is the simplest, most effective way to get the job done.

sent from my masticated yam
    chris_vaper likes this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ProbablyRaging View Post
    So my brother gave up the good fight today and went back to cigarettes. I've been mixing he's eLiquid up and just yesterday made him a fresh 120ml batch of eLiquid.

So as to not waste it I was wondering how I'd go about lowering the nicotine from 6mg to 3mg? As I vape 3mg not 6.

Would I be better off mixing a 120ml bottle of the same flavour, with 0mg nicotine, and then adding the 6mg to the 0mg, affectively creating a 240ml bottle of 3mg, right? Is that how it works or do I have my facts wrong?
    Yep, that would do it perfectly. You just want to double the volume, with or without extra flavour as you wish.

I take it he just decided he preferred smoking? Was he vaping like he smoked?

I'm just curious, because it's as important to know why vaping doesn't work for some people as it is to know why it does work.
    chris_vaper likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Yep, that would do it perfectly. You just want to double the volume, with or without extra flavour as you wish.

I take it he just decided he preferred smoking? Was he vaping like he smoked?

I'm just curious, because it's as important to know why vaping doesn't work for some people as it is to know why it does work.
    Thanks for the replies.

Well he's basically been stressed at work and stuff, trying to stay strong and not give in. But then this morning he broke he's tanks glass while cleaning it and just got fed up and decided enough was enough.

He was smoke free for about 20 days and only had 2 smokes in that time. I also don't think he was quite as dedicated to quitting as I was either, which probably played a big part in going back to smokes.

Whereas I became ill, plus lung problems, plus financial problems. So for me it's either quit or suffer deeply haha.
    Danny76 and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    Yeah, you still have to want to give up the smokes. He knows about vaping now though, so he'll come back when he's ready. You might be mixing for him again sooner than you think.
    Cat and ProbablyRaging like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Or not

It's not the be all and end all of giving up smoking
    It just doesn't work for some people

And I'd also bet the 6mg and the device were an issue also
    DogMan likes this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Yeah, you still have to want to give up the smokes. He knows about vaping now though, so he'll come back when he's ready. You might be mixing for him again sooner than you think.
    Exactly what I said, he too has tried patches, tablets and cold turkey and he did say that vaping was by far better then either of those.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    Or not

It's not the be all and end all of giving up smoking
    It just doesn't work for some people

And I'd also bet the 6mg and the device were an issue also
    Yeah that's true too. I did offer to bump his nicotine up a couple times but he seemed a little hesitant to try going higher. Either way, he's a grown man who makes his own decisions so I won't pressure the issue.

Thanks again for all the replies!
    DogMan likes this.

AVF Regular
    Good on you for not putting pressure on him. He will be back in his own time, when he is ready.
    ProbablyRaging likes this.

AVF Regular
    I think that when he is ready try 12mg see if that helps. Some people need higher nic at least in the beginning to get off the fags.

Maybe 6mg is enough for ADV and 12mg for when the pressure gets too much.
    ProbablyRaging likes this.