• 1 Post By emu
  • 5 Post By gtadmin
  • 3 Post By fabricator4
  • 4 Post By Lionhead

Thread: Nicotine strengths ?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Nicotine strengths ?

Hi All,

Am 75 been smoking a pack a day since I was about 17-18. Totally stopped smoking about 7 weeks ago using a Nicobate 21 mg/ml patch & a Smok TFV4 micro set up with 1.2 ohm MTL atomiser and adjusted for a really good MTL. Juice is 70/30 VG/PG with 10% vanilla V2 flavoring. Have been trying to add nicotine to the mix, tried 18 mg/ml, 15, 10, 8, 6, 3 & 1.5 mg/ml. Even at 1.5 I experience a moderately severe throat hit & cannot contine without coughing my guts up.

Seems I am really intolerant of ANY nicotine in my EJuice ? Not that it is really going to bother me, I'll just keep on with my no Nic. ADV Iv'e been using for the last 7 weeks.
    Has anyone else had this same sort of problem of extreme intolerance to any or low levels of Nic. In their ejuice, seems a bit weird to me as Iv'e been smoking for well over 50 yrs ! ! & didn't think Id'e have any problems with throat hit etc. even at higher levels, been using Nic from NicoPharm, don't really think changing the Nic supplier, to say from NZ will really change anything !

Regards,

Brunka.
    Last edited by Brunka; 22-01-18 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Wrong company name

AVF Regular
    sigh nicopharm, someone would be doing the world a favour if that place was burnt to the ground.
    Its shit nic, the ciggy equivalent to white ox. You might need to get some better quality stuff.

edit: see it was changed to nicopharm statement dosent change, any nic on aussie shores is garbage by design.
    Last edited by Hoofprint; 22-01-18 at 02:31 PM.

AVF Regular
    We've already been through this, with you, here: Query on mixing

You can either take the advice, or not

Creating yet another thread, with the same basic issue, is a circular conversation most of us wont want to get into

Get proper nic, simples
    1ynne, Danny76 and emu like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    congrats on kicking the stinkies ! well done Brunka !!!!!!

but as far as "don't really think changing the Nic supplier, to say from NZ will really change anything !" it possibly/probably could/would - reports from others are that nicopharm is not good quality nic, harsh hard to vape... so an order from another supplier could open up a better vaping experience !

there is a competition on now from Hi-liq - why not join in and you might win some Australia day giveway by hiliq

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunka View Post
    ... been using Nic from NicoPharm, don't really think changing the Nic supplier, to say from NZ will really change anything !

It certainly can make a huge difference for some people. I tried the Nicopharm stuff a couple of years ago, and here's my take on the stuff I received: NicoPharm Nicotine

Basically, it was smelly and had a peppery taste. That peppery taste can translate to harshness for some people, and they have to search around for nicotine that appears smooth to them.

It's also a fact that all nicotines can appear harsh to some people before they have had a couple of days "steep" We call it steeping but it's more correctly an aging process where the flavour molecules, O2, VG, PG and nicotine mix and combine. Try leaving it mixed for a couple of days before you try it and see if it makes a difference.

I'd probably recommend you try Mixology NZ, or Hiliq. Buy nicotine in PG as it will travel better. I still recommend you leave it a couple of days before you vape it.

If you still have trouble I'd recommend one of the purer nicotines - Nude nicotine or others that get recommended on here.

There are also nicotine salts which might have a different result for you.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    It certainly can make a huge difference for some people. I tried the Nicopharm stuff a couple of years ago, and here's my take on the stuff I received: NicoPharm Nicotine

Basically, it was smelly and had a peppery taste. That peppery taste can translate to harshness for some people, and they have to search around for nicotine that appears smooth to them.

It's also a fact that all nicotines can appear harsh to some people before they have had a couple of days "steep" We call it steeping but it's more correctly an aging process where the flavour molecules, O2, VG, PG and nicotine mix and combine. Try leaving it mixed for a couple of days before you try it and see if it makes a difference.

I'd probably recommend you try Mixology NZ, or Hiliq. Buy nicotine in PG as it will travel better. I still recommend you leave it a couple of days before you vape it.

If you still have trouble I'd recommend one of the purer nicotines - Nude nicotine or others that get recommended on here.

There are also nicotine salts which might have a different result for you.
    Actually Nude is no longer recommended, myself and others had huge issues with them, overcharging, failing to respond to emails, late/non-existent deliveries...

I use liquidbarn these days...
    Danny76 likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

emu
    AVF Regular
    I can't vape freshly made juice either Brunka, it starts getting good at 4 weeks and by two months it's smooth as.
    Danny76 likes this.

Super Moderator
    The thing is ... if you are quite satisfied using no-nic in your ADV, why would you want to add nic (good or bad)? IMO you'd only add nic if 0mg didn't satisfy (and even then, you could use nic lozenges or even patches if that's what you wanted to do).
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    The thing is ... if you are quite satisfied using no-nic in your ADV, why would you want to add nic (good or bad)? IMO you'd only add nic if 0mg didn't satisfy (and even then, you could use nic lozenges or even patches if that's what you wanted to do).
    Because those patches are way expensive. The real cost of 21mg of nicotine at Hiliq prices including shipping (based on 250ml of 100mg/ml) is $0.0016. (Nicopharm is pretty expensive too though).

There also some other reasons, but they are my personal opinion, and that is that I would no sooner give any more money to GSK than I would to tobacco companies. Public health and through them pharmaceutical companies like Glaxo Smith Kline are the ones subverting our attempts to get nicotine for vaping legalised. They wield a huge stick behind the scenes politically, one that we have so far not been able to counter.

I'll make my own nicotine patches first.

ETA: and apologies to Brunka for going all political on his thread ;-)
    If you're not smoking that is just outstanding, and far more important than anything else.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 22-01-18 at 06:21 PM.
    stylemessiah, Danny76 and emu like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Can confirm mixology Nic settles down nicely after a nights rest even.