• 3 Post By emu
  • 2 Post By DocM
  • 1 Post By emu
  • 2 Post By AllyP
  • 4 Post By Fractal

Thread: Great vendor actions.

AVF Regular

Great vendor actions.

I wanted to buy a TPA RY4 Asian concentrate but could't find it on my 'go to' vendors site, so I called them and asked whether they have it or, can get it in stock. Nope. The nice person on the end of the phone said that their competitor had it and to go there. My 'go to' is that, for the simple reason that they have the customers' interests and requirements foremost! Service is #1. I rang The Steamery & she put me onto JuiceFactory. BTW JF was outta stock. Dang.
    MrGruffy, AllyP, rockmoose and 1 others like this.
    When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

emu
    AVF Regular
    Got half a bottle here Doc and ya address will post Monday....!!
    giruvian, DocM and rockmoose like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Got half a bottle here Doc and ya address will post Monday....!!
    Thanks heaps Emu but I ordered some from about 1/3 the distance between you & I. Not my 'go to'. They're 'when all else fails'. Hate being gouged for postage and getting a 2 cent lolly. Which I give to make sure the grandson is getting max sugar in his diet.
    AllyP and emu like this.
    When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

emu
    AVF Regular
    Cool Doc I shall return it to the dungeon of concentrates
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    I wanted to buy a TPA RY4 Asian concentrate but could't find it on my 'go to' vendors site, so I called them and asked whether they have it or, can get it in stock. Nope. The nice person on the end of the phone said that their competitor had it and to go there. My 'go to' is that, for the simple reason that they have the customers' interests and requirements foremost! Service is #1. I rang The Steamery & she put me onto JuiceFactory. BTW JF was outta stock. Dang.
    Yes, says a lot of the vendor - I was at Victory Vape a few weeks back and a newbie came in asking if he should buy Vapor Eyes Juice (I know a bit strange!) Steve was very diplomatic & told them that VE juice was very popular & they give good service. They also send their customers to Mixology for nic as they will get it quicker from NZ than from China even though they are competitors really. Not 100% sure I would do the same
    giruvian and DocM like this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    Actually, I don't think it's all that unusual in the vape market here at this time for vape shops to actually help their customers like that (and that's a good thing! Most domestic vendors here are still really good that way). The market here is still really small, and the shops are still being run by people that are primarily vapers first and businesspeople second.

That and they know they're competing with China - and they can't compete in price, but they CAN compete in speed and service. So they give the best service they can, and it comes back to them later - it's not unheard of for people to spend, say, $5 more on a mod to get it locally to support a good local vendor, or pick up things on a whim while they're just hanging out.

And really - if a customer wants something the shop doesn't stock (and has no intention of stocking) - what harm is there in directing the customer to a shop that does? It's not a lost sale, and it makes the customer happy - and a happy customer is one that returns to you for a bit of hardware they want fast, or consumables when they're caught short.

I've had similar experiences - most of the vape shops here only really cater to the DL big clouds crew at the higher non-list still-obtainable end, but they're still happy to point out overseas websites where one can get MTL stuff of a similar tier. And being vapers themselves, they respect that I know what I'm into - and that if I'm thinking about picking up a Le Concorde, O-atty v2, or Vector, then I'm not going to be interested in their Goons, Kennedys, or Tugboats. So they're happy to point out websites that stock my sort of stuff - 'cause they know I'll be thinking of them for a local place to chill out, and pick up things that EVERYONE uses like juice, bases, wick, batteries, tools, etc .
    DocM, AllyP, 1ynne and 1 others like this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.