Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By spuddo
  • 1 Post By spuddo
  • 2 Post By spuddo

Thread: little help

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

little help

Hi All ,
    Since my fisrt post i've bought and received my Joyetech E-Grip 2 and Mixology pure Vg liquid.
    Was amused by the custom dec. for both-----Egrip was described as "a steel tube" , the eliquid as "diet supplement"
    Need a heads up on what is the best power/ohm settings for VG , manual is a little lacking on info, i'm cautious because i had a nasty experience with PG/VG liquids my first time round----still haven't fully recovered my taste buds----seems i'm allergic to PG according to doc.
    Any help appreciated.
    PS---Joyetech Egrip2 was a bargain----$54 inc postage , from AliExpress
    1ynne likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hey spuddo. I haven't done a max vg so, I'm flying blind until someone let's us both know. But, I'd reckon when you fill your tank leave it to sit for the wick to do its stuff, say 10 minutes and start at say 10 watts & go up in half watt increments til you find a 'sweet spot' then if it starts tasting a little burnt back the watts off by 1 at a time. Remember that a burnt coil will taste like it for a couple of vapes til it clears. What tank, coil and ohms is the coil mate? I'll try to help you out. Or the rebranded AVF is here Home | vaping in australia known as ViA
    Female Harakiri = A womb with a view.

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    what doc said Spuddo and hey there is another Spud on the new invigorated forum - you can slice chips off em

Home | vaping in australia

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Depends on what coil you are using spuddo, each coil has marks laser etched on the side of the coil for reference, take it out and have a look so we know what ya dealing with.

Nice set up by the way

This chart below is a good guide and covers every coil type so start at the lowest recommended wattage and go up a couple of watts at a time till it tastes nicest. . . .

AVF Regular
    The Guru of the west strikes again! Whaddaguy!
    Female Harakiri = A womb with a view.

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

Thanks for quick replies and help.
    i've started with a 1.5 ohm MTL @ 8 watts' , will do what you say , just increase till happy.
    Other coils are .25 ohm DL and .5 ohm DL , any thoughts!!
    What sort of temp do you suggest?
    Thanks
    DocM likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by spuddo View Post
    Thanks for quick replies and help.
    i've started with a 1.5 ohm MTL @ 8 watts' , will do what you say , just increase till happy.
    Other coils are .25 ohm DL and .5 ohm DL , any thoughts!!
    What sort of temp do you suggest?
    Thanks
    Of course always thoughts spuddo. . . !

With the 0.5 ohm SS DL coil I'd set it to 20 watts ramp up and start at 150C and go from there, don't forget to give the wick a good prime before fitting

The 0.25 SS DL is a notch coil so you'll need more ramp up power, set it to 50 watts and the same temp 150C to start with and see if that's enough ramp up watts.

There is a firmware upgrade available as well which is version 5.04, comes with preheat for VW mode, simplified new interface, game mode lol, custom logo and a real time clock.
    It's usually worth getting it up to date because they fix any bugs and the extras are handy, good luck mate and I hope you find your happy place.

Software download - Joyetech

I guess i'll just suck and see.
    Thanks for the help.
    DocM and emu like this.