Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Terradan
  • 2 Post By rockmoose
  • 2 Post By 1ynne
  • 1 Post By laurie9300

Thread: Peppery taste after speed steeping. What did I do?

AVF Regular

Peppery taste after speed steeping. What did I do?

Hi all..

I've recently purchased some flavoured ready to vape ejuice and some nic from 2 separate and reputable suppliers but this is the first time I've tried them as I've had a 2 year relapse.

Using my previous knowledge of mixing I've gone through these steps..

- Added nic
    - Shaken
    - Quick hot bath (from hot water tap, not boiled)
    - Shaken
    - Left uncapped for 20 hours
    - Shaken
    - Tasted

My end product is coming out different to anything I've ever witnessed before as it gives a very peppery taste which almost overpowers any of the flavour. My first thought was the nic is bad or turned during transit. Another thought was perhaps my warm bath and air out has turned the nic myself.

Upon speaking to the vendor who supplied the nic, they've reassured me that they never store it for longer than a week and in a freezer. So I've ruled out a few issues here.

Can anyone weigh in on their experience and perhaps confirm if I have actually killed my fresh juices myself? Thanks in advance
    emu likes this.
    Switched from analog to electric: 21-Aug-13

AVF Regular
    It probably will calm down somewhat, over the next week or two, but sounds like you definitely have some peppery nic there. Can we get some hints on who the suppliers are? They may be northern hemisphere ( hot summer ), or they may not be as reputable as you think, or at least as they may have once been. I like the slight peppery zing of my nic, but of course there is a limit where I would say no, that is crap.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    DocM and emu like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Well that sounds like a disappointing mixing session - not a fan of peppery myself , I would suggest shake shake and then shake some more - maybe wrap the bottles in bubble wrap and plastic bags, put them in the glovebox of the car and go for a long drive over rough roads.. !

did you double check your math in adding the nic ? e-Liquid Calculator :: STOP

maybe as Moose says all you need is a few days of steeping for it to settle, I general mix, add nic and let things sort them selves out over a week or two

in the meantime - if anxious about waiting for steeping times, and keen to avoid the stinkies, these days you can in fact purchase ready to vape ejuice with Nic from New Zealand, takes a few days to east coast Aus. Wick and Wire have NZ operation as do VapourEyes and as well as Mixology Vape NZ and a few other will supply Aus at reasonable postage costs - and they are well shaken when they arrive
    DocM and emu like this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    First thing to do is to mix up some unflavoured.

This will rule out any sensitivity you may have to the flavorings.
    emu likes this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Get yourself some really good nic in the form of salts, you can up the dose and headrush all day everyday hahaha, go for the Smooth option at Vapoureyes NZ store, 125 ml's for 50 NZ dollars plus $16 aud for DHL and you'll have it in 3 days or less. You won't even know ya vaping nic till 10 seconds after your puff then you Will know.
    If you have been missing that nic hit lately do yourself a favor and try the salts, absolutely awesome nic hit...!

100mg Nicotine Salts / Flavourless [DHL Shipping Only] – Vapoureyes NZ https://www.vapoureyes.co.nz/collect...=3436128960536
    emu's pre-loved mowers.com