Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bb4sirius

Thread: Finding unsalted nico unbearable to smoke

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Finding unsalted nico unbearable to smoke

Hi. First time poster here and pretty new to the whole vaping experience. Mixed 12ml of unsalted nico with 60 ml of ejuice and cant smoke it without coughing my guts out and getting a headache. It was given to me by my cousin and im wondering if anyone else has had this experience and it also changed colour to a reddish brown. Will i get a different result from salted nicoteen? I really want to get off the smokes so any help would be much appreciated. Cheers
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Sounds like you are 'running before you can walk' to me. If it is your first attempt with trying vaping, try a search in these parts of the AVF site. May just answer some questions you didn't know you needed answering.
    New Vapers Forum
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thank you very much. Appreciate it.

AVF Regular
    What are you using it in? If it's sub ohm.. you might need to only mix up to a 6mg level. Use an eliquid calculator to determine how much to use..

AVF Regular
    Why did you put 12ml in!? That's crazy.. also red/brown means it's oxidized. Nic should be stored in an airtight container/jar/ bottle and in the freezer, in a bag or three (ziplock). This way no heat, light or air can get into it and degrade it.

AVF Regular
    You need to know what strength the solution is (i.e. 100mg/ml). Then you can calculate the strength of your eliquid. At 12ml of whatever you have, you've diluted your liquid down quite a bit so there won't be great flavour. The reason you've got a headache is you've nicotine overdosed.. presumably in a vaporizer that's more suited to 6mg or so..

In a 60ml bottle to get 6mg, using 100gm/ml solution, you would only put in 3.83ml.

The same thing, but at 50mg/ml, you'd only put in 8ml. But that might be diluting the flavour down a bit.

AVF Regular
    https://e-liquid-recipes.com/ <- An eliquid calculator.........may help you out, good luck!
    And this..https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319627.php.. which isn't on too many vape related sites and bloody well should be as an OH&S type warning.
    Last edited by DocM; 04-11-19 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Looking after stuffs
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation