Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Advice of chargers and charging

Advice of chargers and charging

Time for me to express my electronic ignorance. I have read in the past that trying to charge a 510 battery of an eGo charger would be "a bad idea" as the eGo charger pushes more watts and would damage a 510 battery.

This is probably a really stupid question, but I thought wattage/amperage was the MAXIMUM something could deliver, but it doesn't do so constantly - only when needed.

Regardless of this, would it be safe to charge a 510 battery on an eGo PCC? Does battery make a difference over USB or mains - even though all three are still the same DC (in theory).

I'm confused!

Super Moderator
    A flat battery will demand as much current as you can supply it with, hence it will draw the maximum current the charger is rated for. As it nears full charge, it will demand less current reducing to zero as the battery becomes fully charged.
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post
    Regardless of this, would it be safe to charge a 510 battery on an eGo PCC?
    Relatively safe for a once off/I haven't anything else and I'm desperate, but I don't know how you'd get on with using a PCC designed for an eGo ... the eGo is larger in both diameter and length.

Quote Originally Posted by SAS
    Does battery make a difference over USB or mains - even though all three are still the same DC (in theory).
    No difference if all are the same voltage.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    I used an ego charger on a 510 heaps of times. They seem to be fine. Maybe in the long run it will kill it.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I think I can give you an analogy that makes it easier to understand.
    Think of the 510 & the eGo batts as 2 different water pipes, the 510 is a thinner diameter pipe, the charger is like a tap pushing water through the pipes.

If your tap(510 charger) can only push out a lower volume of water(pressure) then both pipes can handle the pressure being pumped through.
    Now if your tap(eGo charger) can push out more pressure, then it is going to put on strain on the thinner pipe(510 batt), which may cause the thinner pipe to burst & spring a leak, this is more likely with an older pipe (or batt) that is more fatigued. So AMPs are like water flow, the more you try to push into the battery & the older the battery, the more likely it is that there will be a problem.
    You may be able to charge your 510 for weeks on an eGo charger without any noticeable problem, then all of a sudden the pipe bursts & you have an electrical fire on your hands or it may just cause the batt to vent & the charger to shut off.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Thanks everybody. I was trying to be cheeky using the eGo PCC with both types of batteries. My batteries are all pretty old so I don't think I'll take the risk.

The more important question is why am I using 510's and eGo's when I have a Provari, JiB, Jazz and DragonPipe...
    sperex likes this.

The more important question is why am I using 510's and eGo's when I have a Provari, JiB, Jazz and DragonPipe...
    Go on then, spill

AVF Regular
    Thanks everybody. I was trying to be cheeky using the eGo PCC with both types of batteries. My batteries are all pretty old so I don't think I'll take the risk.

can i take a geuss that u have hidden them to avoid a possible necessary sell.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    dibs on the pipes :P

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

It's all pretty lame actually...

The Provari button is shot. To get it to fire feels like you're trying to force you're finger THROUGH the damn tube. Makes using the menu almost impossible. I know I can send it back and it get fixed (and upgraded) but $$

The JiB is great at home. The one I have is a prototype and the button placement makes it too easy to misfire and f'k up cartos/attys. Yes you can lock it. Anybody else got a JiB? How's the function "ease-of-use" going for you? All this means you really can't put it in your pocket. And that f'king sucks.

Stupid me was dripping into cartos while still inside the Jazz so I've got corrosion INSIDE the button assembly (I've had it for awhile) and she's "forceful" too.

Finally the Dragon Pipe. I have no decent eGo fitted gear and the high collar of the pipe itself means you have to make custom cut cartos for tank usage.

I think also because I'm smoking ciggies again, 510's and eGos feels more comfortable in my hand.

I told you it was pretty lame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast