Super Moderator

Burnt cartos in Liquinator

Now.. I've tried everything and this is a relatively new thing happening after nearly 2 years of using a liq and carto I'm finding that they are starting to taste burnt even if it's a fresh carto.
    It has always been that you could fill and forget whereas seems as though I have to constantly suck juice into the carto or open the lid and let air pressure force some into the carto.
    Any tips on why this may be happening? I've tried changing o-rings etc, pulling my hair out now.

AVF Regular
    I'm only taking a wild shot here but have you changed battery types?, might be a voltage thing, but some one that knows the subject ( voltage/battery types etc) may be able to comment, my Boges are going well at the moment, (touch wood).
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

Funny you should mention this, Juddy.
    Just in the last few days my Boge are starting to taste burnt much earlier than they used to.
    I use SR in Liq tanks all the time and usually start them low on about 4.0V and work them up to 4.8V / 5.0V depending on the juice.
    The resistance is all over the place in the last three I have used .... 2.7 / 2.9 / 3.1 and its making it difficult to not burn them.
    I don't think it's anything to do with the tanks .... mine are a bit looser than they were, but working well.

Super Moderator
    Nah same batteries.. the AW. The cartos work as expected without the tank, just appears they aren't wicking as they should. Once I get the hint of burnt taste, I stop and do my juice flow techniques and all is ok again (bar a bit of juice in my mouth from the flooding effect).
    Frustrating!

AVF Regular
    The "filler" in the cartos?,
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

Larger holes needed ?

AVF Regular
    I make one hole a bit higher than the other, that seems to work for me. I had the same problem.

AVF Regular
    My missus is having the same problem. Not sure why.

Looks like it's the carto rather than the means of the liquid making its way to the carto.

She's using Vapebar drilled carto's which have significantly large holes, still has wicking issues.

She's also having to push down on the tank and suck and let air in the tank. After a few puffs though, it tends to dry up.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

AVF Regular
    Had this 3 times in the past few days, I thought dodgy carto or a leak in the tank somewhere, nope just horizontal coil cartos not liking being in a tank.
    RIP 22.12.2016

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kritikal View Post
    My missus is having the same problem. Not sure why.

Looks like it's the carto rather than the means of the liquid making its way to the carto.

She's using Vapebar drilled carto's which have significantly large holes, still has wicking issues.

She's also having to push down on the tank and suck and let air in the tank. After a few puffs though, it tends to dry up.
    Yep.. same deal, my holes are also big enough. Doesn't matter whether drilled or punched.
    It's not a heavy juice either. Just an oksmokey blend...