Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Sometimes i don't always get that nice crackling noise of a tanked carto?

Jas
    AVF Regular

Sometimes i don't always get that nice crackling noise of a tanked carto?

I am strictly a tanked carto type of vaper always have been and always will be, I have been having issues lately were i am missing the beautiful sound of that "crackling" noise when i go to take a draw and fire my device, its gotten to the point were im wasting cartos because im not getting my favourite sound when drawing. Could this be due to the cartos? or due to the filling? or even the juice? i use boge drilled cartos 2 nice drilled holes LR and i use the condom method to first prime a fresh carto before tanking it and filling it. does anyone have any suggestions on why this is happening? and or tips or tricks? They were doing fine for a while but lately i just get the hissing noise with out that crackle if you know what i mean? My juices are 70/30 usually start at 4v on a LR boge and work my way up slowly from there to break it in.

Hey there,

Boge LR's are designed pretty much to run on non VV devices(3.7V) to simulate high voltage and they will crackle nicely but do fade out after a while.Maybe go an SR which is 3 Ohms if you want to up the voltage.

I run 80/20 and used to use Boge LR's, so slightly higher VG may also contribute by depositing sugars on the coil.

Also expect some variation with these as they had some QC issues and you may have older stock i.e. not 2 Ohms exactly.

Is everything else performing though?....is it just the crackling you miss?(which I understand)

Not sure that you can tank these LOL but man they crackle nicely

SmokTech XXXL 3.5ml Dual Coil Cartomizer (w/Drip Tip)

Great taste too.
    davee likes this.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    Hey there,

Boge LR's are designed pretty much to run on non VV devices(3.7V) to simulate high voltage and they will crackle nicely but do fade out after a while.Maybe go an SR which is 3 Ohms if you want to up the voltage.

I run 80/20 and used to use Boge LR's, so slightly higher VG may also contribute by depositing sugars on the coil.

Also expect some variation with these as they had some QC issues and you may have older stock i.e. not 2 Ohms exactly.

Is everything else performing though?....is it just the crackling you miss?(which I understand)

Not sure that you can tank these LOL but man they crackle nicely

SmokTech XXXL 3.5ml Dual Coil Cartomizer (w/Drip Tip)

Great taste too.
    hey mush man thanks for your response, everything else seems to be running fine, most all of the LR boges i have, older batches and newer ones both come in at 2.2ohms never really had one come it at 2.0ohms lol, i like 2.2ohms at around 4.5 volts, so i would start breaking in the carto at around 4V than increasing slowly to 4.5V giving the carto a chance to break in. I have SR also and i run them at 5-5.2V depending on the juice however 2.2ohms is a sweet spot for my vaping. It could be the sugar in some juices like you said thats the only thing i can think of, coz I'm 70/30 80/20 anyway. And with the smoke XXL duel coil ive given them a go a while back and what i remember is they are a winner but there very thirsty lol! might grab a couple change it up abit from my carto tank rotation.
    Mushman likes this.

No probs jas, I'm just gettting into Gennie style atties and they are a different ball game completely....smooth,quiet,more flavour but I still get the urge for that old Boge crackle
    davee and Jas like this.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    No probs jas, I'm just gettting into Gennie style atties and they are a different ball game completely....smooth,quiet,more flavour but I still get the urge for that old Boge crackle
    Yer i think the vaping world is moving unbelievably for the Gennie's and RBA lately. To much work for me, i love my carto tanks sometimes more than i love my wife lol! but i guess different strokes for different folks. P.S might dam well get a 5 pack of xxxl smok duel coils for a backup when im going through crackling withdrawal from a boge. (P
    X-BoNeS-X likes this.

LOL I've only got some clones atm and they all take a bit of fiddling and I'm still learning(stuffing up lol) but I'm really surprised at how satisfying they are when you get it right.

My partner's near forgotten what I look like since I've been in the shed assing around with them

Yeah those carts are great I reckon.I picked up a few to try and wished I had some more FWTW as the crackling was nice to hear again and the flavour is great.3mls is good too!
    izmali likes this.

heh, the crackling drove me nuts. hated it.
    especially lieing in bed next to the snoozing missus watching a movie with headphones on. so loud !
    Mushman and Jas like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Jas
    AVF Regular
    heh, the crackling drove me nuts. hated it.
    especially lieing in bed next to the snoozing missus watching a movie with headphones on. so loud !
    LOL! I love it, it just makes that draw so peaceful music to my ears lol! i could "snap crackle and pop" all day long P.S just finished a 12 hour night shift and i went through a 5ml tank but with might crackle now im going through withdrawl and i wont go to sleep until i set up my next tanked carto ready for when i wake up knowing its gonna pop, then i can have sweet vaping dreams LOL!
    Mushman and Crisscross like this.

I'm also a fan of the carto crackle. My other favourite thing about tanked carto's is the carto bubble. I love those things! The ones that take ages to pop that you can roll around the tank are awesome.
    Jas likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    I am strictly a tanked carto type of vaper always have been and always will be, I have been having issues lately were i am missing the beautiful sound of that "crackling" noise when i go to take a draw and fire my device, its gotten to the point were im wasting cartos because im not getting my favourite sound when drawing. Could this be due to the cartos? or due to the filling? or even the juice? i use boge drilled cartos 2 nice drilled holes LR and i use the condom method to first prime a fresh carto before tanking it and filling it. does anyone have any suggestions on why this is happening? and or tips or tricks? They were doing fine for a while but lately i just get the hissing noise with out that crackle if you know what i mean? My juices are 70/30 usually start at 4v on a LR boge and work my way up slowly from there to break it in.
    Mate im having exactly the same problem. I'm finding them a little weak in flavour, sometimes slightly harsh, the occasional flooder, and when i do get one working well it seams to die off fast. Nothing has really changed on the juice side of things. It's very odd, maybe its the heat of summer? IDK. Its extremely frustrating though.

I've been on the vivi nova for a few weeks now and really enjoying it.
    Mushman and Jas like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast