Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By benjamind2013
  • 1 Post By stevepowley
  • 1 Post By D1git

Thread: Siam V2 Cube 18650...is this normal?

AVF Regular

Question Siam V2 Cube 18650...is this normal?

I've had a Cube v2 for a few days now, and I've noticed that, even when I set up the proper switch throw, I still find that it gets out of whack - either the throw becomes too small or the throw becomes too big. Is there any reason why this happens? I've looked at the manual and tried almost everything and even still I get this issue.

Is this a known issue with these adjustable-throw bottom-style switch mods or is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm not sure what to make of this. My theory is the brass contact either winds down or winds up as I understand it is threaded on much like a nut on a bolt.

Everywhere I've read about this mod says that you should change batteries from the top. That's fine, but I think that unless I can resolve this issue I'll probably end up changing the battery through the bottom because the switch doesn't keep the throw that I've adjusted it to. For some reason it ends up being narrower or wider, in some cases I've had 8-9mm of throw and in one case I couldn't lock the switch because the throw was too narrow. Yet I've been setting it up. Is there anything I am missing?

I'd appreciate any input into this, as it's really frustrating me. I've got a Provari v2.5 too, which I haven't yet started to use, but I wanted the Cube as it had a reputation as being a solid and reliable mod, which it appears to be - except for this strange switch issue.
    Adam likes this.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    I too thought the switch was a bit strange. It takes me a good 5 minutes to get it set where I want it so would also appreciate some advice from someone.
    Current set up:
    EHPro Panzer and Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Clone.

Is the throw adjuster locked up tight ie. the nylon to the stainless ring bit that locks the brass centre pole in position make sure it is tight took me a couple off days to work it out
    i aways use the same length batteries on mine ie. efest pair, saves adjusting the throw all the time
    You have to take the wind up switch out to do this, i set it to minimal throw1-2mm
    benjamind2013 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the advice Steve, I tightened it up super hard, using virtually all of my finger strength. Now it's as tight as can be.

Time will prove it out whether this will work for me, but going by your advice it should be successful Once again thanks. I feel quite a bit safer using this mod casually now, I was a bit concerned that when carrying it in my pocket/bag that it would fire whilst I'm not using it due to the "issue" that I was having, potentially burning me, damaging the battery, etc.

AVF Regular
    +1 with what Steve said, also Do NOT put any lubricant of any kind near the switch as it will make the lock wind out easier
    benjamind2013 likes this.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    I'm thinking seriously of giving the Provari to my dad, who has been smoking a lot in recent times. I'll ask him how much he smokes and if it's a decent amount I figure I'll throw him a lifeline. I don't want to see him end up with lung cancer or other major health problems from tobacco smoke, so vaping would be ideal if he smokes. I know paid a pretty penny for the Provari but the health of my father is far more important to me than a second mod. It's pretty straight forward for him to learn to use it, only button pressing and learning how to navigate a very simple menu that a child could work out in no time. My cube stays mine though, it's a simple mechanical mod and I am sure it's pretty safe as I use high quality AW batteries that tend to have very few problems associated with them. A Provari is a little more forgiving of user errors, I know my Cube like the back of my hand now and I've only had it a week. But I figured out the Provari entirely within 5 minutes, hence the idea that my dad could use a little help these days.

im shore your dad would love vaping and great to see you helping family give up the fags
    Good luck