• 1 Post By Mushman
  • 1 Post By Stoney
  • 1 Post By brookesy
  • 1 Post By Stoney
  • 1 Post By Stoney

Thread: What new battery to get?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Angry What new battery to get?

Me ego-c twist battery just died, and looking for a new mod.
    I'm seriously done using these disposable batteries, ticks me off having to chuck these things away and not being able to replace the battery.

Are there any solid mods out there that don't cost an arm and a leg and that have ego thread for kanger t3s?
    Last edited by casual; 08-03-13 at 03:05 PM.

AVF Regular
    Check out the Vamo its supposed to be pretty good as a cheaper mod and comes with ego and 510 threading check out Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Cobra E Cig | E Cigarettes
    Mushman likes this.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

Hey casual, I recently acquired an older KTS and it's great!

gonevapeshit.com has a starter kit with the new version.
    Kamry Telescopic Storm Mechanical Mod Kit | Gone Vape Shit

Vapeking has a Telescope too:
    Sigelei Stainless Steel 18650/18350 Telescope Mod

The Spinner is a great battery for the price too mate, got the 1300mAh one and can't fault it.

Someone might have a Mech Mod if you post a wanted ad?

Edit:How old is it?
    Might be covered under warranty mate.

Yeah the Vamo is good value too.The only thing I'm not liking atm is the blast the thing does after putting new batts in if you are using an RBA wound with low Oms as it can break the wire.
    It's good that you can use it to read the atty resistance though and is VV/VW.
    Last edited by Mushman; 08-03-13 at 03:28 PM.

I might part with mine as I just found MadVapes has a Carto/Atomizer meter and am more interested in Mech Mods now.

I'll have to weigh up if it's worthwhile, but I'd have to think about it to see if I can afford that AND another Mech Mod as I have a VV/VW and Rego coming up..aaaargh.

It's the first version and has pink buttons lol, still a great device though.

If you're interested, I'll have a think about it.....
    davee likes this.

ecd meter eats carto meter
    jus sayin..

my vamo has never 'blasted' anything after a battery replacement that I know of, but maybe cause I use it only in single 18650 mode, it cant supply more than about 2.5A in this mode and any kanthal of 32 gauge or under can cope with that in free air, so its impossible to blow a coil with it.
    Mushman likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    jus sayin..
    I've heard that it's an elusive creature...
    davee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by brookesy View Post
    I've heard that it's an elusive creature...
    heh, tis currently, it will be around soonish.
    davee likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    jus sayin..

my vamo has never 'blasted' anything after a battery replacement that I know of, but maybe cause I use it only in single 18650 mode, it cant supply more than about 2.5A in this mode and any kanthal of 32 gauge or under can cope with that in free air, so its impossible to blow a coil with it.
    Haha I would agree but how long is the list?

I've seen the thread mate and would love one so let me know the cost and how long it will take you to build one for me.

Well there ya go, bloody never thought of that but I have a shortage of 18650's atm.
    It was in 18650 mode did you mean single 18350?

Had a play with a DID clone last night and finally got it going at 1.7 ohms with twisted 28(I think), no hot spots but then the Vamo Vamo'd it.

Double Edit:Okies just got it with the Kanthal...would the twisting have made it pop?
    I've tried 28,32 and Nichrome 0.16 which I think is 34 gauge yeah?
    Last edited by Mushman; 08-03-13 at 06:05 PM. Reason: 18650/18350 confusion

lol, confused me now mushie

I meant .. single battery mode really, whether one 18650 or one 18350, never thought about that one.
    I just can't see it blowing coils when set up like that, its been very 'polite' to me.

I can see it blowing the crap out of stuff when used with dual cells.
    Though it perhaps still depends on the mode it is set to, I have never noticed it thrashing the atty but not really tried to make it do it either.
    Mushman likes this.

LOL I have the V1 Vamo and the initial burst is like near 2-3 seconds and does it in either mode set at 3V even. It's the only thing I don't like especially since I'm learning to wind coils on RBA's after testing them for hot spots on the Mech Mod.

Whack it on the Vamo and all's good until I change the batt then she pops like a fuse and reads infinite