Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Robray
  • 1 Post By Bullos
  • 2 Post By Ravenscroft
  • 1 Post By vapourize

Thread: Kick not working on my P+ 18650?

Jas
    AVF Regular

Kick not working on my P+ 18650?

Got a P+ 18650 and using it with an aw IMR 18490 for use with the kick. Now ive done everything known to man to try get this thing working!! it is so clear on super T's site and reviews on using it with the kick in 18490 mode, it fires but very softly like its losing its fire as i keep my pinkie on the fire button.

*kick is sat ontop of 18490 bat with positive nipple end making contact with kick nipple end.
    *P+ top cap screwed in to make conection with the little post bit of the kick.
    *using one thick O ring as it states on website at the bottom of P+ and 2 washers to adjust the throw of the fire button.

Currently attached to the P+ is a tanked boge 2.0ohm LR. kick set to 9W

Has anyone had problems with this set up or am i doing something wrong for the kick not to be making proper contact?
    It just gets to me when super T say its compatible with the kick and its so easy to do with a aw IMR 18490 batt, kick fits right in and away you go! yer right followed all of that and its not firing properly. P.S all my batts were fully charged lol!

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Do you have the raised post of the Kick onto the battery nipple? If so then it is upside down.

Edit: Never mind me, can't read. Looks like you have it the right way up!
    Last edited by CMB; 12-03-13 at 06:15 PM.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Try polishing up the contact points on your switch assembly, along with both contact points on the kick and the atty pin. You say its firing, but not well?
    Jas likes this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Jas
    AVF Regular
    Do you have the raised post of the Kick onto the battery nipple? If so then it is upside down.
    The kick post is the right way up.

Try polishing up the contact points on your switch assembly, along with both contact points on the kick and the atty pin. You say its firing, but not well?
    yes thats correct it is firing but very softly like the kick is about to die but the batt is fully charged. i have tried polishing the contact points so ill give that i go, i'll be on cloud 9 if i get it working love the p+ it was so expensive and its just sitting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    *kick is sat ontop of 18490 bat with positive nipple end making contact with kick nipple end.
    - the blue adjustment dial should be facing the top and making contact with the bottom of the atomizer and the flat bottom of the kick should be resting on the battery nipple.

Also check the ground spring is making proper contact with the side of the battery tube.
    Jas likes this.

Maybe also clean inner tube, fine sandpaper and alcohol.

If Kick is a little loose you can put a bit of card etc on opposite side to spring contact.

RC
    Bullos and Jas like this.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    Cheers All im on to all of it now. blue dial is correct and making contact with the p+ top cap conection.

As you are probably aware the switch on the Precise is not that easy to setup with all the washers and getting the throw right. Just because it works with one battery type and size doesn't mean it automatically is right when you make a change.
    One set, it is a great device.
    Check the switch throw and try the Kick in another mod if you have one as well.
    Bullos likes this.