Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vampyre_masq

Thread: eVic Power Usage

eVic Power Usage

Hey All

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or something off with mine but i have observed the following idle power usage on my eVic with the 1.2 update.

The first time i noticed it i left the eVic with a tank attached on over night with a new fresh battery, look at it in the morning (about 8 hours later) i noticed it was stating about 70% left in the battery. First i thought it was constantly pinging the tank to test the resistance so the following night i left the eVic on but removed the tank, this time i had about a 20% drop in battery. The third night i thought ill fix you, so i removed the tank and selected power down from the menu, again another 8 hours later and guess what 20% gone. Now i don't charge the device through the USB as i have a battery charger so i just swap them out when needed, you also cant leave the device with no battery as it drains the internal short term battery and wipes all the settings (This will also happen if you leave it over night with 5-10% left on the battery). To me this is a huge power draw since its not doing anything and very inefficient, can only imagine the uproar if a mobile was turned off and used 20% of the battery over night. Additionally i have noticed when selecting a custom value for battery Mah you can change the 1000's value to anything but the 100's value can only be changed to 8 and 9 i know it has nothing to do with battery drain but kinda unusual.

Oh in all of this i have the eVic in shorty mode with a 18350 AW IMR Battery and the tank has a SR XL Boge Carto.

AVF Regular
    ah i'm hanging for my 18350 batts to arrive (to go with the shorty tube i have already) as I only use it at home as i refuse to use that massive silver dildo out and about. I've only had it about a week and decided to run it down to exhausted, noticed that when it gets to 20-25% it drops rapidly to dead after that.

one of the vape link episodes discussed the evic and mike, 'field of vapour' mentioned some german test results that indicated it had a bug when in power down mode where it drew more current than it should, there where graphs and stuff .. but I forget the details. but something like 1mA in sleep and 15mA ? when in power off ..

so sleep mode was apparentely ok, just power off .. it was something it was assumed would be sorted with software updates, not sure if they have or not.

if you have a multimeter, try popping the bottom cap off and shorting the bottom of the battery to the tube with the meter in a current range, I have done this with various ecigs to get an idea of standby currents. the vmax,zmax etc are only about 120uA, the provari is a little less efficient at 11mA from memory.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Thanks useful info stoney. I've turned off the System off completely as I always want it in sleep mode. I sent a suggestion to Joyetech and got a reply the same day. i wanted a stealth function that turned off the screen completely, would be useful for some situations.

Well im doing a Reset Settings flash right now then going to try 1.1 and see if it still happens.

(Edit: Scratch that, remembered 1.1 you couldn't change sleep time, clicking 5 times and sucking on air all the time is just annoying)
    Last edited by vampyre_masq; 12-03-13 at 09:31 PM.
    tugboatofdeath likes this.