Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gunslinger

Thread: ZAP with silica wick

ZAP with silica wick

Hi Guys,

I have tried a double of silica wick with a 1.8ohm coil in my ZAP with the plastic insert still in the wick hole. Primer puffs and initial testing tasted great but couldn't get it to wick fast enough. Anybody out there try this yet? I've tried searching but not to much comes up. I've only got 2mm silica wick and 32ga kanthal to play with. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Polymer

AVF Regular
    hey buddy,

not exactly what you are looking for, but if your looking for an easier way to make a wick and coil in the ZAP without shorts you can always try wrapping the top part of the wick with pure cotton (un bleached) and then wrap your coil on top of the cotton. You won;t have to oxidize the wick and you wont have to worry about hot spots. Noe, if he reads this can tell you more but it seems to be the go. I haven;t got atound to trying this with my DID but i will when i find some time.

MMM

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    Try taking out the insert, you don't need it. What diameter silica are you using? 2 or 3 ml should wick fairly well. Also, do you chain vape, if you do remeber to tilt the mod to aid the wicking.
    Bullos likes this.
    "Morituri nolumus morti" We who are about to die DON'T WANT TO!
    "Carpe fermentum!" Seize the beer!

Thanks you gents for the replies.

MMM- Is the cotton your referring to cotton balls as in the cosmetic type?

Gunslinger- I will definitely try taking out the insert, just had a difficult time trying the first time. Also I'm using a double of 2mm, which i thought would be big enough for the juice to flow.

Cheers and thanks again,
    Polymer

AVF Regular
    Hey polymer314, the cotton MMM refers too is only used on mesh wicks not silica, try it with the insert removed and rember to tilt it a bit.
    "Morituri nolumus morti" We who are about to die DON'T WANT TO!
    "Carpe fermentum!" Seize the beer!