AVF Regular

Try lower resistance coils?

Got my Kanger T3 BCC from vapeking today ... YAY! But it doesn't seem to work very well ... BOO!
    I'm using it with an eGo C 1000mah upgrade passthrough switched to constant voltage. What I'm finding is that to get any vapour, I have to hold down the button on the battery for half a second before I try to draw. I'm assuming I'm needing to give the coil time to heat up so it actually vapes.

I'm using the SR coil (2.5ohm) and am wondering if the lower resistance (XLR 1.5ohm) might be better? Would it heat up quicker so there isn't a lapse between activating the battery and the thing heating up enough to produce vapour? Or is my reasoning flawed here?

Or have I just bought something that doesn't work very well and need to look at buying something else altogether?

Cheers

Kay
    Last edited by kay67kay; 13-03-13 at 06:48 PM.

AVF Regular
    Hi Kay,

1. If your juice is heavy on VG it may be a bit thick and wick poorly, adding a drop or two of water would help that.
    2. Swapping the coil/head for the lower resistance would certainly give you a hotter coil, more vape etc.

Try it and see. Just ask if you aren't confident changing your head.

AVF Regular
    The ego in regulated mode with a 2.5ohm coil gives about 4.4 watts of heating power, that's not very hot. This could be worse if your coil is higher resistance as often happens.
    Swapping for the lower resistance coil will certainly help if that's the issue.

AVF Regular
    I am using a fair bit of VG - about 45% in this mix. It might be a bit thick. But it seems to be working fine with my 1.8ohm eGo CC, which has way longer wick. I dunno. Might order the XLR coils for the BCC and see how it goes. Keep thinking "Ok, after this order I'll have everything I need and I can stop spending money and start seeing the financial benefits of vaping." But every time, there seems to be something else I need to buy. The postie could quit his day job and make enough money just delivering vaping stuff to me!