Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Rynxa
  • 1 Post By Michael-Mikey-Mike

Thread: BCC vs carto tanks

AVF Regular

BCC vs carto tanks

Hey guys,

I been messing around with BCC's and rebuildables for ages now.

I have not used a carto for yonks! (and i don't have any left as i gave them all away)

Wondering if someone can give me a good indication of which gives better flavor (more for a newbie friend who wants to get into vaping who is not on the forum)

I know carto tanks a lot easier and less hassle than something like the VO BCC.

But which gives better flavor? a carto, a dual coil carto or a BCC?

Cheers

MMM

(yup, stupid question, but i don't have something to compare to get a definitive answer and i haven't used a carto for a year)
    Last edited by Michael-Mikey-Mike; 14-03-13 at 02:24 AM.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    Not a stupid question (thank you for those cartos!) I love my cartos, but I also really love the BCC options.

I think it comes down to flavour being different in bottom coil devices vs cartos for me. I use only certain flavours in cartos and only certain flavours in bcc devices because they taste better that way.

Example:
    My White Beard Tobacco juice: To me it tastes like crap in a carto, but it tastes amazing in my comet clearos.
    My Samba tobacco from VK: Tastes bleh in my bcc's but tastes superb in my cartos.

I think it really depends on the juice and the personal tastes of the person.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynxa View Post
    Not a stupid question (thank you for those cartos!) I love my cartos, but I also really love the BCC options.

I think it comes down to flavour being different in bottom coil devices vs cartos for me. I use only certain flavours in cartos and only certain flavours in bcc devices because they taste better that way.

Example:
    My White Beard Tobacco juice: To me it tastes like crap in a carto, but it tastes amazing in my comet clearos.
    My Samba tobacco from VK: Tastes bleh in my bcc's but tastes superb in my cartos.

I think it really depends on the juice and the personal tastes of the person.
    Thanks Rynxa lol i feel like a noob asking this Q hahahahaha. I have not used a carto in so long i forgot what they are like. I am actually curious to try dual coil cartos (yeah thats how long i have not used carto's for! i stopped loooooong ago)

I am thinking a BCC for my buddy is gonna be complicated since you have to remove a wick if the juice is too thick and the condensation issue then also the feeding issues which is combated with draw technique (found if i take hard and long draws on the VO BCC i stop dry hits, but to a newbie who has nto gone through genesis, silica rebuildables different attys etc might find confusing)

looking at my vape table all i see are scattered silica rebuildables, genesis tanks (which have a lot of dust on them lol) and BCCs not one carto in all 6 of my draws. I was thinking of getting him some smoktech UDCT tanks and some dual coil cartos but i don;t even know how they perform compared to what i have so i can;t really recommend them to him if i haven't used them before.

The juices he will be vaping (when he gets his gear in) is VK5 and he has some fruit ones from me Again, don;t know what they will be like in a carto so i don't. Just looking for a general rule of thumb. I always thought that the VO BCC was a great tank and this clearomiser gave great flavor (it has so far with me) but going through vaping cobra site and it said that clearo's aren;t as good in flavor as cartos (not sure if this is the case with BCC ones). I always thought BCC's gave cleaner flavor than a carto but reading his page made me think and i was like...i haven;t used a carto in ages to be able to tell anymore! hahahaha
    Last edited by Michael-Mikey-Mike; 14-03-13 at 02:38 AM.
    Rynxa likes this.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    I think some of the long top wick clearos are kind of rubbish compared to the bottom coils and cartos. VK5 is pretty amazing in a carto, it's what I vape it out of. Maybe your friend could try the Comet clearos? I know they don't hold much and maybe a syringe filler is too complicated for a newbie :/

Get some cartos lol. They are pretty idiot proof and most tobacco juice tastes really good out of them. If he doesn't like it maybe try a Kanger T3 or VO BCC.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    he has ordered the VO BCC on my recommendation.....i just hope he doesnt spit the dummy lol. Might order him in some cartos and tanks

he went straight to the sigeli smax as well due to a recommendation...