Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Doc
  • 1 Post By gtadmin
  • 1 Post By Doc

Thread: Kanger EVOD

Doc
    AVF Regular

Kanger EVOD

I just received my first ever clearos yesterday, the Kanger EVOD.
    As I have only just started vaping, I cant tell you if their better than other clearos, but certainly better than eGo-C's.
    Great taste and flavour hit from them.
    You will need to adjust the amount of wick in them depending on how thick your juice is. Add some wick for flooding and remove wick for dry hits. Very simple to do and can be done in a couple of minutes. The coiled wick is not touched, just the extra stuff they put in there.
    They have 3 tiny air holes in the base which, if the draw is too loose, you can blank off with a toothpick. In one of the EVOD's I blanked off two holes, the other I only needed to blank off one (different juice). Just dial them in till its how you like it.
    All I can say is they both work perfectly. Really rapt in them!

Blanked off hole. I had to take it out in full sun to be seen. Shove the tooth pick in and break it off. Clean it up with a blade.

Noe, Stomp and MrGruffy like this.
    If its got tits or tyres, you got problems.

Super Moderator
    I quite like these little bad boys... 1.8Ω variants go well on a mini ego or 650mah for a pocket vape.
    Unfortunately do not (as most cartos etc) wick well with tobacco steeped juices (ok smokey, tv tobacco).. but other juices they are great.

Great stuff Doc, where'd you get them from? I've got the MTBCC from juice whore and I wonder if there is much difference. The mouthpiece is black on the MTBCC so there is one difference.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wood duck View Post
    Great stuff Doc, where'd you get them from? I've got the MTBCC from juice whore and I wonder if there is much difference. The mouthpiece is black on the MTBCC so there is one difference.
    The MT is larger in diameter and length, so therefore has greater capacity. They both (MT & EVOD) perform about the same, with the MT being slightly better. But the EVOD looks nicer on an eGo.
    wood duck likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Doc
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by juddyau View Post
    I quite like these little bad boys... 1.8Ω variants go well on a mini ego or 650mah for a pocket vape.
    Unfortunately do not (as most cartos etc) wick well with tobacco steeped juices (ok smokey, tv tobacco).. but other juices they are great.
    Why dont they wick well Juddy? Surely you could dial them in for it?

Quote Originally Posted by wood duck View Post
    The atty head is also different, it screws out of the base making replacements cheaper. Very easy to change coil and wick too.
    I got them from Vape Bar. They were the only Australian stockist I could find with them. I got a few things and I received a free sample of Witch Apple which tastes very nice.
    wood duck likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Juices that are made with steeped tobacco leaves are different to juices made from concentrated flavoring.
    The nature of steeped tobacco juice is that it contains more sugars & other fine particles from the tobacco leaves, which means it clogs atties with more crud faster than regular juices.
    It isn't so much that the juice won't wick, IME, it's that the coil gets quickly coated in crud making it hard to vape properly, without constantly cleaning the atty.

While I haven't tried these particular devices, Comets which are similar, also have trouble with steeped tobaccos & those I have tried with steeped tobacco juice.
    Steeped tobaccos are best suited to rebuildable devices like genesis or rebuildable dripping atties.

Edit: I don't like the proprietary mouth piece on those EVODs, I like being able to use my own choice of Tips on any device I use.
    Last edited by Noe; 19-03-13 at 05:50 PM.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Hopefully will have a couple of these coming with my ProTank order. Just sorting waiting on Kanger to reply with final prices etc.
    Current set up:
    EHPro Panzer and Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Clone.

Any other reports on these I just got the Kanger EVOD BCC and 2 eGo BCCs the Kanger EVOD BCC looks so good on the SS eGo battery and if it vapes well Im tempted to order a couple more now as I leave for Bali in 3 days.

Anyone else vaping the Kanger EVOD BCC can chime in?

Cheers

Provari, Reo 18490, eGo 650 Twists x 2

Doc
    AVF Regular
    So I was doing a dry burn and managed to kill one if the coil heads. Woo hoo!! I have a 5 pack of replacements, but I also got some 3ml wick and some 32g kanthal, so this allowed me to have a play.
    Wrapped the 3ml wick in 5 winds of wire. I stuck some more wick on top and stuck it in. The thing hits like a train now! Huge plumes of smoke and gr8 taste.
    I cant imagine any factory spends too much time getting the coil evenly spaced etc. Whether its that, or the wick & wire I have, I dont know. ( Vape Bar brand )
    I dont have a multi meter so I dont know what the ohms are on it. I was speaking with Stoney last night in google + hangout and I told him what I had and he suggested 5 winds, so thats what I did.
    Didnt blow the battery so alls good. Happy chappy