Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: High current/Low Ohms VW device

AVF Regular

High current/Low Ohms VW device

So I got this DID clone for a few bucks from the yummyvapemakersforbuggerallbuckscountry.

1. Love it, easy to wick and wire up with ss and kanthal. Nice build quality for the $, surprisingly good.
    2. Taste n vape all good, not yet a fog machine but already exceeds my various AGAs easily.
    3. Coil at 1ohm.
    4. It's sitting on my desk mocking my other gennys and smirking at the aga shaped dents in the wall.

I'm currently running it on a modified UDT but I'd prefer to run it with VW. My ony VW devices get all scared and tremble at the thought of running a 1 or less ohm coil.

Anyway, what I'm after is a VW device, or circuit that is happy to run a load/coil at resistances down to say 1ohm.
    Ideas and suggestions appreciated.

If nothing good suggested, I'll just make something special as a mech mod for it with the form factor I want, or re-coil it to 1.3 ohms.
    margyb likes this.

Evolv’s DNA20D apparently goes down to 1Ω - should fit nicely into an epoxied winnie blue packet... There’s also that Russian one I can remember nothing about.
    davee likes this.

Why do you need VW when you are vaping at 1 ohm or less coil?

In my opinion, you don't need VW nor VV for that sort of coil mate. I am using 1 ohm or less coil all the time.

All you need is a good mechanical mod and an good IMR batt that can push out up to 10A..... then.... with your favourite juice......Ahhhhhh ..... heaven....
    lastchance and davee like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Why do you need VW when you are vaping at 1 ohm or less coil?

In my opinion, you don't need VW nor VV for that sort of coil mate. I am using 1 ohm or less coil all the time.

All you need is a good mechanical mod and an good IMR batt that can push out up to 10A..... then.... with your favourite juice......Ahhhhhh ..... heaven....
    Need?
    want!
    curious!!

do people really vape at 10a??!

There's always the Groove? Haven't had as low as a 1ohm coil on it yet, but it has no issues with 1.4ohm, or as Vinny suggests do away with that unreliable circuitry, and go mechanical
    Vinny likes this.

I vape a 1.2 ohm coil on an ody with 2 x 3 volt batteries.
    I don't know what amps or watts it is.
    I just know it is a very satisfying and a great vape
    And also dual .6 ohm coils in a killer which is in a UFS and that is a great vape too.
    davee likes this.

No you don't vape at 10A, but if the batt capable to push out up to 10A, that means you can be sure that you don't stress your batt out and it will last you for a long time... Don't be afraid to pay for good batts, your money will definitely worth it.

I don't recommend anyone to vape less than 1ohm coil, you have to know what you are doing and it could be very dangerous.

Newbies please don't try to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx View Post
    do people really vape at 10a??!
    Bullos, Itsmerobyn and davee like this.

I always use a vape safe fuze too just to be safer and for piece of mind.

On a good mechanical mod, fresh batt can push more than 4v to the coil that means at 1ohm coil you are vaping at 16Watts.
    When the batt goes down to 3.5v (this is when I am about to replace my batt for fresh one) , you are still vape at 12Watts.

Imagine you make less than 1ohm coil, the batt will push out even more watts to the coil.
    For instant 0.7 ohm coil on 4v batt = 22.85Watts of vaping... so just be careful everyone...
    davee likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast