Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Mechanical mods vs APV

Mechanical mods vs APV

Hi guys, i am saving up to buy a mechanical mods (precise ela) and i am just wondering if mechanical mods worth the effort (and money) compared to non-mech APV out there like provari, evic etc

read a bit about it, seems like everyone was saying, if you are into RBA, then you would appreciate mechanical. Well i am into RBA, much more than any other type of atty on my evic and i love the fact i can check my resistance, consistent output at the wattage i want, battery life display etc and mechanical mods seems to lack all of this, well because it's purely mechanical

but what is it about mechanical mods that people so crazy about them? how do you guys check your resistance? i have a multimeter but i have to say its not easy to check resistance using it and highly inconvenience if i have to carry them around. how do you guys check your battery life? how would you know when to stop so you dont drain the battery completely? Do you guys use mech mods daily?

I like mechanical mods and use them as my daily mods.
    I'm not sure how to explain when to change a battery because I just kind of know when.
    When I feel like there isn't as much vapour or it isn't satisfying then I change the battery and everything is good again.
    I had to change a battery because it felt lacking and checked the voltage of the battery and it was reading 3.63 volts, so I wasn't anywhere near low enough to damage the battery.
    I guess after a while you just know.
    As for carrying around a multimeter I don't think I have ever done that
    I just check it when I set it up and then that is it.
    I think you only need to check the ohms if you feel like something isn't right or your vape is different somehow.
    Maybe you could pick up a cheap mechanical mod to try then out before you buy the precise?
    Mushman, Itsmerobyn, davee and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Tbh I see genesis mods as a big **** contest.

My **** is bigger and shinier than yours

Horses for courses.
    Some people like to get in a car and just drive, while other people like to play around with the engine and other bits.
    Mushman and davee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullos View Post
    Maybe you could pick up a cheap mechanical mod to try then out before you buy the precise?
    yeah i thought about that, picking up a 40 bux or something mech mod, but it's pretty hard if every dollar counts when you are under scrutiny i think i would take my chance with better one at least if it doesnt work out i can resell it. i really want precise ela, but its more of wanting to know type of want, as i have no idea what benefits it really offers me lol

So you just want to try one out?
    I have a Smok telescope I can lend you if you want.
    Then you can see if you like mechanical mods or not.
    Mushman, Robray, davee and 1 others like this.

Good one Bullos

I have a KTS and use it daily, it's just a simple Mech Mod that does what it says and can take a 16340 upwards.

Bullos is right that when you build your attie and get it right,especially at around the 1.5 ohm mark then all the bells and whistles don't mean Jack really as it will perform well due to Ohms Law.Even 2 Ohm standard pre-manufactured carto/tanks will work well with them and they are just Mechanical so not a great deal can go wrong.This is appealing in lots of ways especially if it's dropped as there are no electronics to worry about, just switches and the body pretty much.

These VV/VW devices are great for many things but as you can see, they do the thinking for you and so you don't really get the "feel" of when to change the battery or that maybe the coils might need to be re-checked for example.

I use my Vamo mostly for building the atty rather than a vaping device now.

My Partner has The Natural and it's a great Mech Mod, nice and sleek, performs well albeit some slight modifications to suit the Battery and some people changed the spring as it's fairly strong.All in all they are good value and I'll be looking at getting another Mech Mod as soon as I can afford one, even if it's second hand like my KTS.
    Robray, Bullos and davee like this.

I'm not really even sure if I prefer mechanical mods to be honest, it just seems that the mods that I like the look of and lie to use happen to be mechanical mods

Do you have a picture of a KTS Mushy?
    Mushman likes this.

i think the difference between a high end and low end mech mod is not as big as a VV/VW device.
    Mushman and davee like this.

Tops : AC9 / Cobra / Kayfun Lite / Killer 705 / SS Steam Turbine
    Bottoms : Atmizoo Roller SS-IM / Super T Precise ELA
    Lists : Senesis

Quote Originally Posted by Bullos View Post
    So you just want to try one out?
    I have a Smok telescope I can lend you if you want.
    Then you can see if you like mechanical mods or not.
    hey mate thank you so much for the generosity. if you are in qld i would be rocking up on your door eagerly trying all your toys

i will try them at qld meet next week but i was just wondering why people are drawn to the mech mods. I am drawn to it because it looks like everyone loves it so much , plus precise ela is pretty cool concept and i LOVE cool and unique concept andddd... not everyone will agree it's a good looking mod IMO

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast