Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AlbinoNeutrino
  • 1 Post By kritikal

Thread: Anyone Tried SS Mesh As The Filler in GP Spheroid?

Anyone Tried SS Mesh As The Filler in GP Spheroid?

I was about to try this today, but before I potentially waste 60cm of mesh I was wondering if anyone has tried replacing the Sera filler wool in their GP Spheroids with SS Mesh as per this post on ECF.

I don't mind the Sera wool, but I'm already buying mesh for my other atomizers and it's one less consumable to have on the endless list of shit to buy. Anyone had any joy with this method?

If anyone cares I tried this for science and it does work. It takes a lot of mesh, I used the #325 from VapeKing. Seems to hold the liquid fine and should just require a rinse for a juice change. Also, VapeKings Banana Nut Bread is pretty tasty.
    Bullos likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'm guessing you're technically not wasting it as there's no need to oxidise. You've found that it works which is great and it will be a very long lasting filler. If you decide to go back to the regular filler you can recycle the mesh in your gennies.

Been meaning to get a spheroid...
    AlbinoNeutrino likes this.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

It's probably too short now to make wicks out of, but the mesh from VapeKing is super cheap, so it only cost about $3 and works a treat. I hated my spheroid at first. I loved the idea and design of it, but couldn't get it to taste right. It was the wick that vapourart supplied, absolutely horrid. I bought some wick from a different vendor and it's night and day. The filler material is also a potential problem, if you have it packed too tight it doesn't feed the wick fast enough. After having it for a few weeks now I really do like the spheroid, but there's quite a bit of trial and error working out how to set it up correctly. I bought the Piccolo too as I wanted a small 14500 stealth vape for the road. I prefer the spheroid on the provari, even though it looks a bit stupid, but I have a new mini DID which has found a home on the Piccolo, so it's not going to waste. If you're on the fence about the Spheroid I'd say get one, it's a unique vape, great flavour and zero leakage.

AVF Regular
    Short wicks are great in gennies.
    I cut mine so they only submerge in half of the tank. Superior wicking as there's less of a channel for the juice to travel through using a cylindrical shaped wick. You tilt it anyway whether it's for wicking or comfort so there's always going to be a supply of juice to the wick.

I've played with a Spheroid V2 and I daresay you could reuse the mesh for wicks.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)