Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: AC9 helpppppp

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    St Lucia, Brisbane
    Posts
    262

    AC9 helpppppp

    Having tremendous problems setting up my AC9.. It keeps flooding Tried a mesh plug but it still floods.

    Anyone experience this?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by misterlifter View Post
    Having tremendous problems setting up my AC9.. It keeps flooding Tried a mesh plug but it still floods.

    Anyone experience this?
    Just got mine as well but haven't had a chance to set it up yet. I had a hell of a time getting in unscrewed. Had to go with multis and was as careful as I could be but still managed to scratch it, bugger! Does your wick fill up the hole? Is it hollow?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    St Lucia, Brisbane
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by second_chance View Post
    Just got mine as well but haven't had a chance to set it up yet. I had a hell of a time getting in unscrewed. Had to go with multis and was as careful as I could be but still managed to scratch it, bugger! Does your wick fill up the hole? Is it hollow?
    Was yours from the second preorder? Mine came off rather easily, as have a few others I think..

    My wick is just thinner than the hole, it drops in just nicely. Straw wick, yeah got about a 1mm hole running through it..

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by misterlifter View Post
    Was yours from the second preorder? Mine came off rather easily, as have a few others I think..

    My wick is just thinner than the hole, it drops in just nicely. Straw wick, yeah got about a 1mm hole running through it..
    The wick hole is fat in these things. Maybe if you go solid with a nice snug fit in the hole it may calm it down a bit. No idea why they make the fill hole so big on these things, just silly really. Are you flooding with a vertical draw or do you give it a good tilt? If you are getting really good wicking maybe go easy on the tilting. I am sure it will be OK when you get your set up and technique right, they have a great following among the seasoned builders out there.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    St Lucia, Brisbane
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by second_chance View Post
    The wick hole is fat in these things. Maybe if you go solid with a nice snug fit in the hole it may calm it down a bit. No idea why they make the fill hole so big on these things, just silly really. Are you flooding with a vertical draw or do you give it a good tilt? If you are getting really good wicking maybe go easy on the tilting. I am sure it will be OK when you get your set up and technique right, they have a great following among the seasoned builders out there.
    I tried mine with a fat wick that filled up the hole but it didnt wick as well, sometimes not at all. I vape with a horiozontal tilt, however when I kept it vertical, it still flooded. Really weird! Like a little reverse gravity situation going on in my tank there. Lol

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the Hedge fund
    Posts
    3,256
    Try half filling it, while your breaking in the Wick.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzme View Post
    Try half filling it, while your breaking in the Wick.
    Beat me, that was going to be my next suggestion .
    bugzme and misterlifter like this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    St Lucia, Brisbane
    Posts
    262
    Bugzme and second_chance - I'll try that! Haha. For now though it appears as though vaping vertically is the only solution. Lol

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    1,928
    Just out of curiosity are you sure the wick is in the wick hole and not the filler hole?
    The wick hole is the larger one with the screw closest to it.
    You could also try pinching the top of your wick to reduce the size of the hole in the middle too.

  10. #10
    Noe
    Noe is offline
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Posts
    13,140
    Use the fill hole plug provided, from what I have read these wick fine with the fill hole plug IN. If you leave the fill hole plug out they are known to flood.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

    Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

    The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

    Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

    I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 02:57 AM.