Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: AC9 helpppppp

AC9 helpppppp

Having tremendous problems setting up my AC9.. It keeps flooding Tried a mesh plug but it still floods.

Anyone experience this?

Quote Originally Posted by misterlifter View Post
    Having tremendous problems setting up my AC9.. It keeps flooding Tried a mesh plug but it still floods.

Anyone experience this?
    Just got mine as well but haven't had a chance to set it up yet. I had a hell of a time getting in unscrewed. Had to go with multis and was as careful as I could be but still managed to scratch it, bugger! Does your wick fill up the hole? Is it hollow?

Quote Originally Posted by second_chance View Post
    Just got mine as well but haven't had a chance to set it up yet. I had a hell of a time getting in unscrewed. Had to go with multis and was as careful as I could be but still managed to scratch it, bugger! Does your wick fill up the hole? Is it hollow?
    Was yours from the second preorder? Mine came off rather easily, as have a few others I think..

My wick is just thinner than the hole, it drops in just nicely. Straw wick, yeah got about a 1mm hole running through it..

Quote Originally Posted by misterlifter View Post
    Was yours from the second preorder? Mine came off rather easily, as have a few others I think..

My wick is just thinner than the hole, it drops in just nicely. Straw wick, yeah got about a 1mm hole running through it..
    The wick hole is fat in these things. Maybe if you go solid with a nice snug fit in the hole it may calm it down a bit. No idea why they make the fill hole so big on these things, just silly really. Are you flooding with a vertical draw or do you give it a good tilt? If you are getting really good wicking maybe go easy on the tilting. I am sure it will be OK when you get your set up and technique right, they have a great following among the seasoned builders out there.

Quote Originally Posted by second_chance View Post
    The wick hole is fat in these things. Maybe if you go solid with a nice snug fit in the hole it may calm it down a bit. No idea why they make the fill hole so big on these things, just silly really. Are you flooding with a vertical draw or do you give it a good tilt? If you are getting really good wicking maybe go easy on the tilting. I am sure it will be OK when you get your set up and technique right, they have a great following among the seasoned builders out there.
    I tried mine with a fat wick that filled up the hole but it didnt wick as well, sometimes not at all. I vape with a horiozontal tilt, however when I kept it vertical, it still flooded. Really weird! Like a little reverse gravity situation going on in my tank there. Lol

AVF Regular
    Try half filling it, while your breaking in the Wick.

Quote Originally Posted by bugzme View Post
    Try half filling it, while your breaking in the Wick.
    Beat me, that was going to be my next suggestion .
    bugzme and misterlifter like this.

Bugzme and second_chance - I'll try that! Haha. For now though it appears as though vaping vertically is the only solution. Lol

Just out of curiosity are you sure the wick is in the wick hole and not the filler hole?
    The wick hole is the larger one with the screw closest to it.
    You could also try pinching the top of your wick to reduce the size of the hole in the middle too.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Use the fill hole plug provided, from what I have read these wick fine with the fill hole plug IN. If you leave the fill hole plug out they are known to flood.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast