Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How to prime/fill a new Boge F16

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

How to prime/fill a new Boge F16

As per title. Wanted to know how other people are doing it.

To the best of my knowledge, you can not use the condom method as the carto's are flanged.
    I've generally filled the tank, popped the carto all the way through then dripped onto the white filler material until it stops giving me burnt dry hits.

Surely there's a better way.

I use a syringe/blunt needle and slip it down the side between the metal, and the filler. Do it in a few spots till it's oozing out the top.

AVF Regular
    Busardo just did a carto tank vid on punching and filling
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    I filled the top up with liquid and plug the hole at the connector with bluetack. I just wait for it to seep into the filler, tip out any excess liquid, pull out the bluetack and blow out any juice in the centre post.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

Hi Bluelagoon, I use the condom method to fill flanged carto tanks, just do it from the other end.
    I condom fill about twice on a new flanged carto and it works just as good as from the threaded end of a normal carto.

Just slowly push it down until its all gone from the plastic cap, turn it up right and slowly pull the cap off. There will be some still in the top but when you pull the cap off the vacuum drops and it drains through the filler.
    On the second fill sit the carto (the threaded end) on the cap, allow it to drain a little and give the carto a slight blow - whack it in your tank, top the tank up and it's good to go with no dry hits.
    Last edited by gregds; 23-03-13 at 06:16 PM.

Fill up the tank around 1 ml of juice and suck it through drip tip till all the juice fill up the carto , slid it halfway again and fill up the tank as normal
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AVF Regular
    When you put a new carto in the tank, fill the tank and then cover the bottom hole with you finger and suck through the driptip. This will cause the juice to enter the carto where it is punched. It will take about 1/2 tank doing this. Once done top up and vape.

My wife uses this tank, and I have found this to be the easiest way. There are a few vids on youtube showing this method if you want to search.
    GirlyPantz and davee like this.

VVF Grip 1 (Yukatan Rosewood Frame / Cocobolo Panels); VVF Grip 2 (Lacewood Sycamore Frame / Gmelia Burl Panels with Indian Rosewood Plunger); VAMO, Launcher, ATB (Kamagong), N-Zonic V III, Limited Sioux, Zen 2, Mini ATB, Vicious Ant Cyclone, ERA 1.5 dripper, ERA 1.5 bottom feeder, Immortalizer, AGA-T, RSST

For future ease of use this tank will accept regular Boge Cartos so you can just pick up the drilled ones and do the standard condom method. I currently run 12 of these tanks and use punched Boge XL in all of them, don't really trust the stock ones they come with.

AVF Regular
    I actually use the condom method with the flanged cartos with no problems. Sure it's a little harder to insert into the condom but you just have to wiggle/twist the cartos a little and it goes straight in. No problem.

I prime my cartos the same way as Davee.
    Can't remember who sent me this this video, but I reckon this may be one of them RichardLOZ mentioned.
    I've tried it, but if your hands have hard skin its a bugger getting a seal.
    davee likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast